The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Ok I got my entries in and the MC feeling is coming back. I know the odds of getting in again and yet the nerves are already flowing. For anyone one still wanting to get your entries in. Don't wait any longer it's getting towards the end. And spots are filling. You can't get in if you don't try!

Thanks THP and to all the sponsors for an amazing event. You truly are making dreams come true.

Looking at the picture and the fact I get to say to myself you get to have that picture on your office wall next year is so freaking cool.

When I went and played yesterday it also really changed my thinking on the course. I asked myself constantly if this was match play at the MC would I hit this shot right here. I really made me manage the course way better.

Question: are participants required to pick from their OEM's current release only? How far back in their equipment lineup are you allowed to go?

I believe we will be using current equipment. Also, the cool thing about getting our equipment at the event is that we will have access to new equipment that becomes available right up until the event begins!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

Question: are participants required to pick from their OEM's current release only? How far back in their equipment lineup are you allowed to go?

When I was in it two years ago, we were given a list of what we could pick from. From club heads to shafts to grips. And of course, specs. All in the current line.

I believe it is the current lineup, and this year the equipment is received at the Staff Sponsor day, so all the latest equipment should be available. Last year we who were Cobra staffers had a guideline to pick from everything that was available on the Cobra website.

It's entirely dependent on each company involved what is offered, but it absolutely will be current line equipment.

Who is the one not looking at the camera in that photo? :D

Just a question probably aimed more at Caster as he is international, what sort of measurement system do they use in Finland? Do you use yards or meters for golf over there? I was just asking because if it was metric I wondered how you would get on using imperial while in the US. Thanks

Watching the selection process has been a blast this year. I know it's nerve racking but it really has brought out the creative side of everyone. We will soon be closing the door on entires and will welcome 4 new member to the 2014 MC. And the adventure will begin as JB stated in his, blood pressure raising, post.

Full ponder mode will be on hand and full prep will begin. Teams will be filled and it will all unfold here on THP. Conversations, threads, videos and everything MC. It will be a busy 6.5 months is in front of us all. I for one am excited, can't wait to the newer members and how they take all this in.

The journey thus far has been amazing. The selection process has taken many of us out of our comfort zone and it is so worth it. In a few days the final roster will be complete then shortly after teams will be formed. A 6.5 month buildup to the Ultimate Gof Event Period!!! I for one am ready for the ride of a lifetime

It still amazes me that this is really happening, to think that in 7 months we'll be handed staff bags full of clubs and all the hard work we will be putting in at the range will come to fruition. We will be a part of THP history as members in the Ultimate Golf Event Period! It's a pretty freakin big feeling!

It still amazes me that this is really happening, to think that in 7 months we'll be handed staff bags full of clubs and all the hard work we will be putting in at the range will come to fruition. We will be a part of THP history as members in the Ultimate Golf Event Period! It's a pretty freakin big feeling!

Darn straight broski!! Each day is one step closer to the promised land.

I might be the odd one out, but I wish time would slow down a little bit. Even my practice day yesterday flew by. Team announcments, social media, equipment, practice, dedication and all the supporters. Dont get me wrong ill be ready for the battle when my number is called but I was to savor every minute I can for this. Living like a rockstar is pretty sweet!

I've loved the selection process this year. I feel like it has kept the whole forum engaged for much longer than last year. I mean, we knew all the participants by basically Nov 3 last year and then there was the long lull of winter!

This year, we're rolling right through January and basically the winter is over half done. Sometimes we are playing golf up north in March (if we're lucky), but that has me so excited. We are much closer to this event than it seems. If you aren't practicing, you better start thinking about it pretty quick, Myrtle is right around the corner.

Lot of truth in that post B-rad. Now's not the time to sit around thinking about what you're going to do to get ready.

For me, the end of the selection process means we are one step closer to the big event. I have begun to put my practice plan down on paper and sketch out what I hope to accomplish by July. It's going to be a bit different using my current clubs in the bag but I have some solid ideas on how to get my hands on some of this new equipment as it becomes available.

Let the fun begin!!

For me, the end of the selection process means we are one step closer to the big event. I have begun to put my practice plan down on paper and sketch out what I hope to accomplish by July. It's going to be a bit different using my current clubs in the bag but I have some solid ideas on how to get my hands on some of this new equipment as it becomes available.

Let the fun begin!!

I've been thinking about my plan as well. I'm ready for the days to start getting longer, so getting out to practice during the week is a possibility. I'm not really worried about practicing with my equipment and then putting the new stuff in play in July because I know the equipment will be fit for me and I will have hopefully gotten my swing to be consistent and reliable so I can make the transition smoothly. Obviously, dialing in distances may not be perfect, but we will have media day to help out in that aspect.

My plan is to take as much advice as I can get from my teammates that have almost all gone through this already. I have no problem whatsoever admitting I have no clue what I am doing. I have never played competitive golf before. I have never really seriously put alot of practice in. I am already getting lessons and working on a plan that will work for me the best but I am always open to criticism/advice.

My plan is to take as much advice as I can get from my teammates that have almost all gone through this already. I have no problem whatsoever admitting I have no clue what I am doing. I have never played competitive golf before. I have never really seriously put alot of practice in. I am already getting lessons and working on a plan that will work for me the best but I am always open to criticism/advice.

Sounds like you have a good plan and mindset going in. You've got some awesome teammates who will definitely be there for support and advice.

I have to admit, that I was severely intimidated by the selection process. Until this point I have not been too savvy with respect to social media. I learned (and still am learning) a lot by jumping out of my little box. It has been a lot of fun following too. So many have said that it will be here before you know it in so many different places, that I took it to heart. There is nightly putting going on and I bought a full length mirror to work on swing positions etc. My lessons start in the first part of February too. Am in sponge mode soaking up Bridgestone and we ALL will be watching the PGA Show via THP coverage I'm sure for any little glimpse of new goodness from our sponsors, which will also start to kick things into high gear.

It's easy to see that this is going to FLY right by. Gonna try to soak up as much as possible before its gone too! This is the Ultimate Golf Event Period!

JM

My plan is to be extremely jealous and extremely happy for you guys all at the same. With chances becoming more scarce for positions, I no move on to living vicariously thru everyone who made it. I look forward to following everyone's progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this being my first MC selection process, I liked it a lot, but there were elements that I found initially intimidating. Prior to this, I'd never really used twitter, had never even heard of vine, and thought instagram only worked to take pictures of meals. I've gotten much more comfortable with all three, but twitter the most. I'm never going to rival big time or #cookie in their amazing vine skills, but I keep learning new tricks. The thing that surprised me the most was the creativity that I've found. I'm primarily a numbers guy who sees the world in black and white, but I think I managed to come up with a few good ideas for the contests and surprised even myself.

I will say I'm excited for the selections to end because it means teams can be formed and more info can come out, but I understand that to some who aren't selected that will mean the end to their involvement, and I think that is unfortunate but understandable. One of the down sides to keeping folks engaged for so long is that it hurts even more for them to put in so many entries and so much time and still come up short, and that might sour them to the event. However, there are still plenty of ways to be involved if you aren't selected to participate, such as volunteer opportunities, and I know 40 guys are going to need people to play rounds with over the next 6 months.

It's my goal to be as open and involved as I prepare for this event so anybody who wants to can follow along with my progress and ask me questions. Some (most?) might not care about my journey, but it's not for me to determine what is interesting, but to document and share my journey for any who want to follow along.

That's about how I'm feeling, man. I've felt strapped into a rocket ship since Thanksgiving. The whole time I've been watching other guys get strapped in, and been excited, but I don't have a clue where we're going.

I do know it's gonna be a hell of a ride, and I can't wait to blast off!

It's my goal to be as open and involved as I prepare for this event so anybody who wants to can follow along with my progress and ask me questions. Some (most?) might not care about my journey, but it's not for me to determine what is interesting, but to document and share my journey for any who want to follow along.

Completely agree with this. Some might not want to follow along but for those that will I want to be as open as possible for them. In addition, there is no telling if any one of us will ever get this chance in our lifetimes again to be a part of something so special. I want to be able to look back the memories before, during and after the event and there is no better way than to document it through here

Back