Wow its finally happened, single figures.

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys just wanted to share my excitement with you all. I was dreaming of being a single figure player when I was younger but never thought id ever be one, I think I got down to about a 15. Then after about 5-10years of not playing I came back to the game after we had gotten back on our feet financially a couple of years ago. When I joined back up at the club I was a member at for years as a junior my handicap started back as 13.3. In these two years I have played some pretty good golf by my standards and have been hitting quite a few rounds in the 70's and did shoot my pb off the whites last year of 75 which I hit twice, then a pb off the blues of 79 which I have bettered this year with a 78. Anyway after checking this round of handicapping my index has dropped to 9.7 :D:D, for the first time ever in my life in single figures, woo hoo.
My course only has a slope of 112 off the blues and 109 off the whites so its not an overly hard course according to that, but it is nice and I like it. Im not sure how you guys feel about being on single figures with a course that has that slope index but I am claiming it as a victory. So when I play I will play off a 9 on the white but will still be a 10 off the blues for the moment, until I put some more good cards in.
I showed my wife my new handicap and she was so happy for me as well. Ive also made one of the two pennant teams at our club, we go around and play other clubs in our province once a month for two rounds, this is another thing I always wanted to do.
I guess 2014 has started off great for me in golf and hope it continues. And I also won a putter from THP which was amazing as well. I do have a couple of pictures to show you. First is my name on the board at the course and second is off the dotgolf.com website which is my stats.

Sorry for the ramble but had to share with my follower thpers. Thank you for reading and hope 2014 is great for us all.

Congrats, man.

Mate that is AWESOME! Well done and long may the good golf continue.

the slope is factored into the handicap, right? So I don't see any reason to qualify your achievement with an "easy" slope rating. You earned it and you got it. Grats :)

Congratulations! Well done!

That's great man! You can't dismiss good golf. Great job and keep working!

Congrats on the achievement

Congrats sir!

Congrats, well done lopsta, I am looking forward to seeing which putter you receive too.

Congrats!

Way to go!!!! Congrats

Congrats on the achievement!!

Congrats buddy!!! That is awesome!!

Congrats on the handicap drop, it takes a lot of hard work to get it down there.

Well done, well done indeed!

Way to go! Nice to see a reward for the practice you put in.

congratulations

Congrats! Keep up the strong play.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

Congrats! That's awesome. So, what's the next goal? :D

Great job and now go and enjoy your 2014 season as a single capper :clapp:

Congrats man! It's such a great feeling to accomplish a long time goal like that.

Congrts man!! Hope to be there someday myself

Congrats!!

Congrats! Keep up the work and you will continue to see the returns.

Back