This thread is about a guy that gave up a lot for the last 5 years to be a part of the green and white. He is family. Lets give him the respect he has earned before trying to grab his position.

Sorry P4B, that was quite rude of me! We're all sad to see you go. Thank you for all the hard work that you put forth during all your equipment testing reviews!

No disrespect, but this is a dream job for each and every one of us!

Jake i'm sad to see you step down bro as you've always done such an amazing job on your reviews and write ups. But i understand how much work it can be and its not as easy as many may think. I'm proud to call you a friend and like many others have said you're an all around class act. Thank you for all of your hard work and time you've put in to making this place so great for the last 5 years and i'm glad you'll still be around. Cheers Brother!

While I have only been here for a very short time, I have read some of your reviews and found them to be top notch. Now while I do not know you all that well (yet, since I hope one day we have the chance to meet) what I do know, and what I have seen, you being an equipment tester was far from "the coolest thing about you", though I did get a laugh out of that statement. Thanks for letting us all down easy and there is no doubt there are some big shoes to be filled.

Great post P4B..I've enjoyed your reviews and hope to meet you at some point this year.

Jake is dead to me from this day forward. The End.

Ok, you know that's not true. Jake, aka Hollywood as I know him, will always be near and dear to me. I remember standing on the range in DM (F'ing Iowa!!) and watching him come down, late to the party, but everyone flocked around him like he was a movie star. From that day on, I called him Hollywood. He is Hollywood to many of us here.

I'm glad that you are still coming to Dallas, so I can wup you up a bit on the course. I'm glad that you are still going to be here on THP. Wouldn't be the same if otherwise. You did a wonderful job with the testing and would take your reviews very serious when deciding on purchasing things in the past. No bull. You will be missed as a Team THP'er but will always be apart of the Big Team THP.

Jake, you will be missed as a tester buddy but I am so happy to read that you will still be a part of the forum. It truly would not be the same without Jake straight. Thank you for all of your hard work over the years, you always knocked it out of the park with your reviews.

I've always enjoyed reading your reviews and can see the time and effort put into them. Congrats on your time on staff and thanks for the insight you shared on the products you reviewed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake, while have not yet had the pleasure of meeting you, we will soon get that fixed in Dallas! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reviews!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Rum chata 4 life

I don't know you, have never spoken with you, but the one thing I could rely on was the quality of your reviews and the information you provided in them, so accept my thanks for your contributions and good luck with whatever may be replacing the time you have devoted to this job

Jake this thread just proves how good of a dude you are. I'm definitely going to miss your well written reviews but I know that you're still going to be around and I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon man.

P4B, thanks for all your hard work. Granted I have been on the site for less than a year, but your insights and reviews have always been great.

Jake I have not met you personally, but I really liked your equipment reviews. I know how hard it can be to make the decision to give something that you enjoy. I can't wait to meet you in Dallas from all the good things that people post about you you must be one great guy.

Reviews like your's are what brought me to THP. Thanks for all of you hard work, bud!

I met you, Jake, at the first Morgan cup. You were one of the first to say hello and extend your hand to me. I think the next time I saw you was at Grand Cypress for the Ultimate outing. Then it started rolling, Dallas and Morgan cup and then Vegas. We have stayed pretty tight for a quite a while and it's been great bro. I look forward to many more years.

I'm so glad I'll get to hang with in Dallas on a month. It will truly be a special trip. I'd say I'm gonna miss ya but I know where to find your bald arse.

" To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under the heavens." You sir served with a purpose all the members of THP. Thank you cuz!

Thanks for all your hard work. I know it sometimes goes underappreciated, but I know how much work you guys put into the reviews, answering questions and following along the threads.

You guys really know how to make a guy feel pretty awesome about himself! I seriously cannot thank you all enough!

I do have some reviews outstanding so I'm going to finish those up and get them in so you'll still reviews from me for a little while yet. I'm glad to hear that so many of you enjoyed the work I did. I always loved doing it and the feedback around here is always great! I don't know what the future holds in terms of a replacement but I cannot wait to find out. And as with everything else THP does it'll be awesome!

Screw resignation. I think we should create a Staff Emeritus position for captain headbutt :)

Sad to say I have yet to meet you Jake. But I've heard nothing but great things on the forum and from Freddie. The words Class Act probably sum it up. I look forward to teeing it up with one day. Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said Jake. You have done a great job as an equipment tester. I always looked forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks for all of the hard work you have put in

I'll miss your reviews! Thank you Jake! You are awesome!

Thanks for all the hard work and great reviews, Jake!!!

Jake, THP is a better place because of the passion, life, and love you put into it buddy. I just hope you continue to provide insight and and your thought for years to come. Thanks for all you've done, go enjoy a test free life lol.

P4B - Jake,

You have given a lot to THP, most of it long before I was here. Thanks for being such a talent here. I am looking forward to meeting you in DFW.

JM

Jake, I have not only enjoyed your work here on THP, but the interaction with you as my captain in the MC last year. We'll always have that bond my brother, and I wish you the best dude. THP is a better place because of you!

Back