Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

Lars is a rock star

I spoke w/ Chris D. and he did a great job setting up my order and sent me an email confirmation. TaylorMade Concierge is a fantastic service.

The more I look at these, the more I wonder how comparable these are to the Apex Pros and not the MC's. I really don't recall these having that much bulk on the topline or the sole. Immediately regretting not taking comparison photos after rounds were complete and trying to get a side by side on this one.

The more I look at these, the more I wonder how comparable these are to the Apex Pros and not the MC's. I really don't recall these having that much bulk on the topline or the sole. Immediately regretting not taking comparison photos after rounds were complete and trying to get a side by side on this one.

They don't have as much bulk. I think many assumed Speedblade Lite, but the profile is a lot different IMO.

Love is in the air...see u there

They don't have as much bulk. I think many assumed Speedblade Lite, but the profile is a lot different IMO.

It looks it, at least in their photos online. I might need to swing by a big box store when for sure they're available and borrow a couple irons for research purposes. It's definitely more of a comparison than I'd originally thought.

I don't know why I do this to myself :/

CBs + Tour 90s, Coming to a beags bag near you soon.

Boom.

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

Boom.

That's what I went dude. Bent 2 up and 1 strong w NDMC's.

These happening excite Beags, which excites me.

That's what I went dude. Bent 2 up and 1 strong w NDMC's.

These happening excite Beags, which excites me.
Oh dude.

I am beyond excited right now.

I wonder if you could recap the effects on launch/shot height with different shafts that you tried in these CB's & the Speedblades. I've seen you touch on a couple of combo's in this forum, and I'm trying to get a sense of the spectrum you observed.

I just reshafted my Speedblade AW and SW with DG Spinner shafts and I think I screwed them up. They are launching DRAMATICALLY lower than before (formerly stiff 85 gram stock TMag shafts), so I fear I lost all the rpm gains I might have picked up with the Spinners with the new lower angle of descent. I really didn't think the stock shaft would have THAT much effect on the high launching SB's. I guess I was wrong.

Boom.

Having never played Tour 90's before and always wanting to, I think this will be the same thing I end up with 4-AW.

I hit the 6 CB a few times today. It has a stiff shaft and I am used to a regular flex. All three turned out decent. Can't wait to get fit and get a set with my specs.

Having never played Tour 90's before and always wanting to, I think this will be the same thing I end up with 4-AW.

Good move, there really isn't a downside to that combo at all.

Boom.

That's awesome dude, After having a long conversation with the guy at the concierge about clubs, I decided to go with the CB's. I have a new set coming next week. I'm actually relieved and excited as hell.

That's awesome dude, After having a long conversation with the guy at the concierge about clubs, I decided to go with the CB's. I have a new set coming next week.

Wait, you went all CBs? That kind of amazing.

That's awesome dude, After having a long conversation with the guy at the concierge about clubs, I decided to go with the CB's. I have a new set coming next week. I'm actually relieved and excited as hell.

Boom, nice dude. Solid choice in my opinion.

Wait, you went all CBs? That kind of amazing.

Yup, I hated the turf interaction of the mb's, it was driving me nuts and when I went to reorder them he kind of asked why I wanted to do that if was struggling with them. I liked the CB's from the moment I saw them and I hit Tomo's 3 iron farther than a well struck 2 iron, I figured why not try something I've been watching for so long. It will be a big learning curve with distances but in the end I think it's the best choice.

Yup, I hated the turf interaction of the mb's, it was driving me nuts and when I went to reorder them he kind of asked why I wanted to do that if was struggling with them. I liked the CB's from the moment I saw them and I hit Tomo's 3 iron farther than a well struck 2 iron, I figured why not try something I've been watching for so long. It will be a big learning curve with distances but in the end I think it's the best choice.

Good call.

Love seeing this Trout. With your fluid swing, these things will be monsters for you. Which shafts??

I went DG S400 tour, I talked to my fitter here recently about shafts when struggling with the mb's and on the monitor the 400 was pretty solid. I went a little stiffer for better dispersion.

I wanted to be a part of the cool kids club lol, I was lonely in mb land.

Boom.

You and the Tour 90s are a match made in heaven. I'm very happy these will be in your bag early. Beags and Panda in July could be in the cards

I went DG S400 tour, I talked to my fitter here recently about shafts when struggling with the mb's and on the monitor the 400 was pretty solid. I went a little stiffer for better dispersion.

I wanted to be a part of the cool kids club lol, I was lonely in mb land.

HAHA, if u really wanted to be cool, you would have went tour 90s with the rest of us.

But I cant wait to hear your feedback on these one you put them through the paces.

Do you think the turf interaction was affecting the shot, or just your enjoyment of the clubs?

HAHA, if u really wanted to be cool, you would have went tour 90s with the rest of us.

But I cant wait to hear your feedback on these one you put them through the paces.

I didn't go Tour 90s or all CBs.

#notacoolkid

Back