Morgan Cup Equipment: What would you choose? (2014)

Cleveland

588 Custom 10.5 - Fubuki Tour 53
588 Custom 15.5 - Aldila DVS
588 Hybrid 20.5 - Stock
588 MT 3,4 - KBS Tour 90
588 TT 5-PW - KBS Tour
588 RTX 50,56,60 KBS Wedge Black
Classic HB 6.0 Black

No matter the company, I would choose whatever the numbers say fit best. Bio Cell? Deal. X2Hot? Let's do it. MC/CB combo? Can't wait.

Although all 5 companies are going to knock it out of the park, I couldn't be happier to be with Taylormade

No matter the company, I would choose whatever the numbers say fit best. Bio Cell? Deal. X2Hot? Let's do it. MC/CB combo? Can't wait.

Although all 5 companies are going to knock it out of the park, I couldn't be happier to be with Taylormade

Ding ding ding

I think the point of the OP is that if you were canadan and could swing anything with equal precision, what would you pick. Obviously fitting will come into play later, but think that's not the point here.

I think the point of the OP is that if you were canadan and could swing anything with equal precision, what would you pick. Obviously fitting will come into play later, but think that's not the point here.

Kinda still goes with whatever fits best. They'll all perform fantastically for me with a solid fitting no?

Kinda still goes with whatever fits best. They'll all perform fantastically for me with a solid fitting no?

True, but he's asking what your dream setup would be if you had to fill a bag with an MC sponsor and could hit anything.

If I wasn't blessed with a Bridgestone Bag filled with goodies I'd choose TaylorMade because they were one of the two original sponsors of the MC

10.5* SLDR w/ Oban Kiyoshi Black
SLDR 4W w/ Motre F1
SLDR 19* W/ stock stiff
3-4 CB
5-6 MC
7-PW MB all
Irons w/ DG S400 Pro series
50* 54* wedges
CS blade

I thought I had it all figured out until the fitting I had done at TMPL today. I am at a complete loss. Anything is possible.

True, but he's asking what your dream setup would be if you had to fill a bag with an MC sponsor and could hit anything.

For some people thats simply whatever fits best.

As for me, I don't think I can even wrap my head around it, the gear this year is phenomenal all around.

I thought I had it all figured out until the fitting I had done at TMPL today. I am at a complete loss. Anything is possible.

Care to elaborate, or have you talked about your experience in another thread? I am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a TMPL fitting and would be interested in your thoughts.

Cobra:

Bio Cell Black 11* - AD-DI6 Black
Bio Cell Black 3/4 16* - Tour ATX Blue
Bio Cell Silver 2/3 19* - Tour ATX Blue
Bio Cell Silver 4/5 23.5* Tour ATX Blue
Bio Cell 5-PW KBS C-Taper Lite
Tour Trusty Satin 50*, 56*, 60*
PTM3 Black

Solid Bag; mine has some similarities.

Driver: Bio Cell Green 10.5 - AD-DI7
Fairway: Bio Cell Blue 3/4 - Tour ATX Green
Hybrid: Bio Cell Blue 3/4 - Tour ATX Green
Irons: Bio Cell Blue 4-GW C-Taper
Wedges: Trusty Rusty 55/59, bent to 54/58
Putter: SeeMore SB2, 36" Counter Balanced

Bio Cell + Driver Blue
Bio Cell + Fairway Red
Bio Cell Hybrid Silver
Bio Cell Irons 4-GW
Trusty rusty 55 and 60
Seemore M2 CS.

Let's see. I would go with Cobra since I am gaming them right now and their gear fits my play style. I would basically game what I have in my signture and if I had to go full Cobra, swap out the wedges for their Trusty Rusty brand.

The Bridgestone Bag I'm pondering:

J40 445 9.5
J40 Strong 3 14*
J40 5w 18*
J40 Combo Irons 3-6 DPC 7-PW CB
J40 Black Oxide wedges 52/58
True Balance Putter DT-03

Subject to change (and certainly will) but my bag as of this moment in my head:

Bio Cell + driver
Baffler XL hybrids: 2,3,4,5
Bio Cell + irons in 6-GW
TT wedges in 55 & 61
SeeMore X2 35"

I would be happy to have my current WITB with some additions.

A uDesign driver in tan/green w/ Aldila Tour Green shaft.
Whatever 3W and Hybrids fit me best, X2?
Swap some Recoils into my Apex irons.
Go to a 56/60 setup in my MD2
And a MXM Rossie!!!

My current ponder:

Bio Cell + Driver
Bio Cell 3/4 Fairway
Bio Cell 2/3 and 4/5 Hybrids
Bio Cell 6-PW Irons
Tour Trusty 48/52/56/60
SeeMore HT Counterbalanced

I am truly fortunate to be sponsored by Callaway and will be getting a fitting to determine the optimum bag set up. But, in the meantime, I've allowed myself to ponder what my dream set up might look like. If I had to set it up now without a fitting, it would look like this:

:callaway: Big Bertha 10.5* RIP 70R Alpha
:callaway: Big Bertha 3 & 5 RIP 70R Alpha
:callaway: X2 Hot Hybrid 19*
:callaway: Apex 4-AW UST Maniya Recoil Reg
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54* S, 58* C
:odyssey: Tank 2-Ball Versa Putter

It is really going to be fun seeing what the CPC ultimately recommends for me once I get my fitting, probably in April.

Hmmm, this is tougher than I thought.

SLDR 430 12 degrees
Bio Cell+ 15 degree
Bio Cell+ 19 degree
588 CB 3 thru PW w/ DGS300
Tour Trusty 54 and 58
SeeMore One CS
Bridgestone B330S

Having the pleasure to be sponsored by Bridgestone this year I have been trying to come to grips what to put in my bag from their line. So much good stuff being released this year.

Hmmm, this is tougher than I thought.

SLDR 430 12 degrees
Bio Cell+ 15 degree
Bio Cell+ 19 degree
588 CB 3 thru PW w/ DGS300
Tour Trusty 54 and 58
SeeMore One CS
Bridgestone B330S

An interesting mixed bag, I never thought about doing that, if I could go any sponsors I'll need to update my bag.

I'm extremely lucky, because if I had to pick one it would have been Bridgestone. Without speaking with my tour rep yet or doing anything real fitting wise this is what I'd chose this setup...

J40 - 445 (No idea which shaft yet)
J40 - 16* Fairway
J40 - 21* Hybrid
J40 - DPC 4i-6i
J40 - CB 7i-PW
J40 - 52* bent to 50* (Same shaft as my irons)- 56* bent to 55* - 60*
True Balance TD-03
B330S

I'd Go Taylormade:
SLDR (Duh)
SLDR 3-wood
SLDR Hybrid 3,4
TP MC 5-P
TP 52,56,60
I'm in between my DLL and the Spider Blade
KBS's in the irons/ wedges

I would stick to the same configuration that I have now. It's tried tested and true that said the new sticks in the line up would be.

Driver Bertha Alpha
Hybrids X2 Hot Pro 18 and 20
Apex Pro 4-AW
MD2 wedges 54 and 58
Putter Mexal X Milled #6

Back