Michael Sam - This Is Perfect

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

So freaking money its not even funny. To actually hear all of the bad things people have done that has not impacted them come draft time or via the lockerroom compared to this is just down right a joke.

A buddy post this on Facebook last night; great response!!! I love it!

That is awesome, and really sad how true it is.

I am curious how he does at the combine. He didn't have a great Senior Bowl from what I read. If he can transition to OLB he could be a good fit for a 3/4 team.

I agree 100%. Very well put and all factual. I am definitely routing for Sam. Dude has mad abilities and character!

Well said and to do it publicly speaks words. Thanks for sharing!

That is just awesome. It really is amazing to hear it put like that. How people can support a murdered, dog killer, rapist, wife beater and more, but not accept a person because of his sexual orientation? That's sad.

That was so well stated, it is funny and sad at the same time all of the other things he listed that don't hurt players' draft stock and are accepted.

IT's sad that in this day and age we can't get past crap like this. Regardless of what side of the debate you fall on, here you have a young man, who has stayed out of legal trouble, who has busted his tail off to become the #1 defensive player in the best college football conference & becuase his sexual orientation is different he is taboo and off limits? Now teams are saying they do not want the unwanted media attention to disrupt the team environment? BullS**T. They are being hypocritical & self serving as always. I've played team sports & understand the fragile dynamic that is a locker room. Plenty of alpha males running around, talking trash & imposing thier will on the weaker teammate, but at the end of the day every team that I was on was about winning. If this kid has the skills to help you win or contribute so that he puts you in a position to win, why not draft him? All we need is any of the draft prospects to get into trouble & see if they get drafted. That will put the NFL and the teams at the forefront to explain why you will take the risk on a player who has broken the law over a player who has done nothing wrong & is remaining true to what he is.

Thats a great spot and he is spot on

Wow, that was incredible and spot on! Murderers, rapists, liars, woman beaters, and others get a free pass while a gay guy gets pushed to the back of the line? Nice job NFL

So sad but so true. A great video response and post. Thanks, I probably would not have seen that otherwise.

I hope he drops to 26...just sayin :)

Dead Solid Perfect! I can't believe he's only rated a 3rd - 5th round pick. I can only hope that the Steelers take a good look at him, they're going to need a pass rushing OLB after the get rid of Woodley this year.

I totally agree with this guy. All the crap players have done illegally or shouldn't have done yet there still playing. But if the player has a different sexual preference he isn't welcomed. What the heck is wrong with this world?

Well said and completely agree. The only thing that should matter is whether Michael Sam can play at the NFL level and by all accounts, it sounds like he is going to be pretty good.

Our kids and grandkids will look back to this period and not understand how the US could be so backward. The same way i can't fathom the idea of separate bathrooms and water fountains and seats on a bus today, even though it really wasn't that long ago. Society is just slow to change, but its good to know we're seeing the start of the change now, which i know is no complete comfort to gays today.

Gotta love Dale Hansen. Spot on in every single aspect and speaks the truth!

Wow that could not have been said any better. It really puts into the limelight the state of mind of people around football. Yeah we will take the guy who just killed 2 people drunk driving, the players will forgive him. But no, we won't pick a man who loves another because that would make it uncomfortable. Give me a break, if it's truly all about getting Ws, this would be flipped.

I watched this video last night as someone posted it on FB. Like everyone has said the guy is spot on. I will never understand how someone like Ray Lewis is praised in the NFL, but Michael Sam is a distraction. When it comes to his draft stock I'm not sure 3-later rounds is that far off. He did have a great year, but against strong teams he didn't make as many big plays in my opinion. I don't see him as an every down player in the NFL just my opinion.

Its a cop out, the locker room is not affected if there are quality individuals to begin with. I played lacrosse in college and my co-captain came out Senior Year, and do you know what happened? Nothing, no one stopped showering, no one treated him different, he worked as hard or harder on the field or off the field and as a teammate and friend what more do you expect out of someone. Sexual orientation should have zero impact on his draft status and character. The problem is like stated here, the individuals in those locker rooms are not all held with high regard when character is concerned, yea we see a few faces of a franchise but a ton of dirtballs loom in the locker room. As an NFL junkie I wish it weren't true but it is. Hopefully his path is one of success because I am tired of this prejudice, and feel blessed that my eyes could be opened by having a great friend and teammate come out on our lacrosse team a few years ago. He is in a great place mentally now and I'm a better man to have known him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yep, spot on!

Boom.

Truth just got laid down there.

Donte Stallworth was on Jim Rome Tuesday (prime example of off the field issues) said that players shouldn't worry about a gay teammate hitting on them because most NFLers aren't that good looking as it is.

Loved that take

Back