Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

Looking great Ricky, looking forward to your thoughts man.

They look so damn good in my bag. Heading to the range shortly.

te4a9eny.jpg

What time is it?

It's CTL time of course.

Tinkering? Or were the 90s leaving you wanting?

Too much spin, was getting eaten alive if there was any wind at all in the 6-AW into greens, 4/5 are badass though. Been hitting the shots on line beautifully but depending on the breeze I end up way short or way long. Was fit to the CTL's anyways so it was inevitable, keeping the 90's in the 4/5 though.

Got these out to the range last night for the first time. Rough conditions. It was freezing and the range balls were like rocks. With that said, I didnt focus too much on distance but more on making solid contact and making sure I had a consistent swing. I always struggle on mats but I needed to hit these. When making solid contact they feel great. Doesnt even feel like I am hitting a ball. It's my first fitted set so I am sure there will be an adjustment period. Next range session this weekend will be at an indoor range with actual golf balls, not range balls, and on a LM so I am hoping for better feedback/numbers. For the first time out though, I was very pleased with how they performed.

Just ran home upon receiving the Fedex notification that they were delivered. First off the box is too freaking cool. Going to the range tonight to put some work in. Thank you again TaylorMade and THP for making a regular old hack feel special.

8a7uzybe_zps3d2c09d8.jpg

6ymase3u_zps264f5063.jpg

megajytu_zps4ed9a4c6.jpg

ja3y3e3a_zpsa5f4da5f.jpg

those are some great looking sticks! I'm hoping to be able to try them out this weekend at the expo.

those are some great looking sticks! I'm hoping to be able to try them out this weekend at the expo.

Awesome man, I know TM is a sponsor of the event so I have to think they will be somewhere to hit

Awesome man, I know TM is a sponsor of the event so I have to think they will be somewhere to hit

Hopefully they have some LH sticks. That's been the problem I've been running into at local stores

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

These bad boys arrived earlier this week while I was in the road. I was able to secure them this morning and will be playing tomorrow morning. Such a beautiful set of irons.

dype5unu.jpg

uvepupyq.jpg

4uja6uze.jpg

9yzuve6a.jpg

ymana6yr.jpg

udu3e5ug.jpg

Damn, I knew I should have kept that box. Those look AWESOME Freddie. Can't wait to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful Freddy! Will these be in the bag next weekend?

These photos have me getting more excited for my fitting on Tuesday.

The Panda went combo to! I'm so damned happy.

Beautiful Freddy! Will these be in the bag next weekend?

These photos have me getting more excited for my fitting on Tuesday.
Yes they will, going in play tomorrow
The Panda went combo to! I'm so damned happy.
I was excited to see you did as well.

Yes they will, going in play tomorrow

I was excited to see you did as well.

Get ready for that 3i. It may become my go to tee shot club.

I got out to the range with these beauties yesterday for a couple hours and they are impressive but I got to see the beautiful girl without the make up. I was working on some swing things and I brought these and a couple of my Mizuno's for comparison. The funny thing is that they both perform similarly on miss hits, I'd even go as far to say that the CB rattled my hand a little more on thin shots than the MP68, it actually shocked me a little, it did fly a little higher and farther though than the Mizzie.

Both performed horribly off the Hosel but I'll give the win to the CB because it didn't scratch up like the 68 does lol. I was a little surprised to see the distances as close as they are, I'll tip the hat to the CB because it wound up being a half club longer on average and on the mid and short irons it launches with a little more authority.

The long irons are pretty close, I did think that I struck the ball low on the face with the CB and wear marks confirmed my suspicion, they were a tad thin and I just couldn't seem to get the 3 and 4 iron to go a little deeper in the turf, I know the sole is a bit wider than my Mizuno so I'll chalk it up to that. Even though the shots were thin they still flew pretty well, the were much more forgiving in that dept for sure.

Feel goes to the Mizuno's all day long, I definitely felt a difference in the two on an assortment of shots and even though I have no scientific degree to back up my claims, from my perspective there was no comparison. The misses on both are terrible as expected but I know what the Mizuno's will do, I don't have enough long term experience with the CB's yet.

The biggest difference in these is accuracy, Both are point and shoot but no matter what I did I couldn't get the CB to get closer. In my last review I had said there was about a 5 yd dispersion difference and I couldn't im prove on that, I'm very comfortable playing my clubs and know every little nuance with them so it makes it much easier to run the gauntlet with them. I think the CB will be every bit as accurate and I can't criticize them too much on that, it was only my second time at the range with them where I've had my Mizuno's for a couple years. (comfort)

I still like the CB's a lot, and as we continue to get know each other we'll play some great golf together. For now they are staying in my bag because I think they are that good, the launch is impressive, the shot shape is beautiful, and the sound is perfect, but they have some very big shoes to fill.

Lasered the CBs at around 10 yards shorter than my JPX 800 Pros. They have different shafts - KBS Tours in the CBs and S300s in the JPX 800 Pros, but the fitting showed distance gains from the Tours despite the higher launch. I'll continue to evaluate. The CBs seem much more forgiving on mishits, however.

I'm falling more for these now that I switched over to my CTL's in them, first round with since the change was yesterday and in a really windy day too, I officially got rid of the ballooning and being destroyed by the wind. Distance is only half a club off for me now with the loft change. The biggest star is still getting the right lie angles though, WOW what a difference.

I will say that I know I'm moving to work with something else soon but it is going to honestly be hard to take the spot from these, and that is something that I never ever expected to be honest.

I'm falling more for these now that I switched over to my CTL's in them, first round with since the change was yesterday and in a really windy day too, I officially got rid of the ballooning and being destroyed by the wind. Distance is only half a club off for me now with the loft change. The biggest star is still getting the right lie angles though, WOW what a difference.

I will say that I know I'm moving to work with something else soon but it is going to honestly be hard to take the spot from these, and that is something that I never ever expected to be honest.
Thats awesome dude.

I am hard leaning toward the CBs for my MC bag...until I do something like I did yesterday and hit Troys MCs with Aerotechs in them. Loved the feel.

Thats awesome dude.

I am hard leaning toward the CBs for my MC bag...until I do something like I did yesterday and hit Troys MCs with Aerotechs in them. Loved the feel.

I bet that is a fantastic combo to hit, I'm not a big Aerotech fan, but in those MC's....whew.

I like it though, these could be really good for you in the MC.

Lie angle has been a game changer for me. Never had a flat setting and has really helped out. With these dialed in, I am hitting some of the best iron shots I've ever had.

Lie angle has been a game changer for me. Never had a flat setting and has really helped out. With these dialed in, I am hitting some of the best iron shots I've ever had.

What was your miss before that adjustment?

Just another reason I really need to have a real fitting done soon

Thats awesome dude.

I also hit Troy's MC's on Saturday and they went into a full ponder for the MC. Turf interaction was similar to my Apex Pros as were the looks. The Aerotech's felt just a bit too light though for my liking, but then again I am coming from 120g shafts so the weight difference was going to be noticeable.

Back