Web sites / Web design - as a past time.

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
Every now and then, I feel like I want renew my homepage, and sometimes I've done some simple web design for other people. Not professionally, but it's kind of fun to create and play around.
In todays world I come to the conclusion that I don't need to create everything from scratch, I tend to use templates, publishing systems, plug-ins, and themes.

I just updated my own site, this time I used Wordpress.

http://www.apinakapina.com

What do you guys think?

Do you have your own sites?

It's always good to get some feedback, and you get to know how other people experience them.

NOTE TO MODS: If this is considered as advertising or such, please feel free to remove or close this thread. My intention is only to have a discussion about websites and web design.

Good lord you are talented. Even your own personal website is full of awesome. Like the concept very much, as a 1 stop shop for info about yourself

Good lord you are talented. Even your own personal website is full of awesome. Like the concept very much, as a 1 stop shop for info about yourself

Thanks Mike!

I have to thank you, but also add that with modern technology available, it's mainly just picking styles, photos, text and only a little adjustments in the code. But, thanks :D

The only word that describes this man after meeting him is

HOLLYWOOD

Freaking awesome dude. I use wordpress for my site, but it's pretty basic and simply.

I might need to enlist Castor for some design help for something I'm working on.

Awesome website jappi!

Freaking awesome dude. I use wordpress for my site, but it's pretty basic and simply.

I might need to enlist Castor for some design help for something I'm working on.

I'm happy to help, if our time schedules allow it!

Love the site Henri. You are such a talented dude. Plus now I have your phone number. Weighing if the international call is worth pranking you.. :banana:

Just wow. I like the layout on there, and the sampling of videos you've directed (holy cow by the way, those are some good videos). The categories at the top for quick navigation are nice as well. The language barrier took away some of it for me, but I don't think I'm probably your target audience, so that's quite alright. Overall, really shows off how talented you are and what you enjoy.

Quite impressive, Henri. Although I won't meet you until July, I'm quite sure you are a "gentleman". Ha Ha.

Love the site Henri. You are such a talented dude. Plus now I have your phone number. Weighing if the international call is worth pranking you.. :banana:

Every prank call is worth it :D

Wow, dude. So awesome. I ran a site for like 5 years that I thought was 'OK+', let's say. Yours makes me realize how awful it was. LOL

*the site was kind of a dedication to the job I had in the Air Force, a job 17k or so people took really seriously*

Very well done!

Heads up the smaller icon things in the awards section are pretty hard to see (using an ipad), may want to make them a little bigger.

A picture can tell a 1,000 word story if done correctly. I like it my friend. And I'm not an as@*hole either!!

Very well done!

Heads up the smaller icon things in the awards section are pretty hard to see (using an ipad), may want to make them a little bigger.

Thanks, I will make it better soon :)

A picture can tell a 1,000 word story if done correctly. I like it my friend. And I'm not an as@*hole either!!

It sure does! Thanks!

oh...the name...apinakapina, translates to monkey riot :)

Back