The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is going to be a fun night.... A little background, my dad has been battling stage 4 melanoma for the last year and a half and is truly my hero for all he has gone through. My dad also happens to be the biggest George Strait fan in the world. George is in Atlanta tonight and I tried to get dad tickets for Christmas but they sold out in about 10 minutes. A family friend reached out to some people and George Strait himself contacted our friend and my family is his guest tonight at the show. To see the look on my dad's face as we are sitting here right now is so awesome. He is like a 5 year old on Christmas morning!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

That's awesome flog, just awesome man. Enjoy the night!

So awesome flog! What a great way to celebrate your Dad's life. Have a great time tonight and enjoy it all.

That's incredible Kyle! Hope you and your dad have a blast.

Enjoy the show flog, I just went to a Strait concert a few weeks ago. I'm sure it will be a night you never forget.

Kyle that is fantastic!! Best wishes for your family

Tonight is going to be a fun night.... A little background, my dad has been battling stage 4 melanoma for the last year and a half and is truly my hero for all he has gone through. My dad also happens to be the biggest George Strait fan in the world. George is in Atlanta tonight and I tried to get dad tickets for Christmas but they sold out in about 10 minutes. A family friend reached out to some people and George Strait himself contacted our friend and my family is his guest tonight at the show. To see the look on my dad's face as we are sitting here right now is so awesome. He is like a 5 year old on Christmas morning!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

That's awesome man! Truly truly good stuff
So does he get the driver? I'd have a hard time saying no....

I'm going to look tomorrow.. I can handle 1 B.. I'm such a pushover to him

Just got back from the vet with Duke. He is doing so well!!! His breathing sounded better, no fluid in his lungs, his heart beat was better, the doctor seemed very pleased. We go back in 4 months for another ultrasound, and in the meantime we just have to monitor him.

The big thing right now is getting him past the 6 month mark. I couldn't ask last time because I was too upset, but I asked the vet this time what his life expectancy was. He said it's hard to tell, but on average a dog with his condition is about 6 months to a year. HOWEVER, in his experience, if they make it past 6 months with no issues, then he has seen many dogs live out their natural life as long as the meds keep working and we take care of him properly, which we know we do.

So, we just need to get past that 6 month mark. Right now, he's right on track, I couldn't be happier.

I was searching for this post and finally found it, albeit a day late. Yay Duke! I'm so happy for the little guy. It's so great that the meds are working. Now, hopefully, he'll just get better and better as days pass, and live out his full life. Great news!

Spent the day with my daughter today. Promised her since I was going to be gone last weekend that we would go have fun, just the two of us, today. Aquarium, park, lunch and ran some errands, just Lily and I. We had a blast, and it was just an all around awesome day to have. Wouldnt trade it for the world.

That is awesome Kyle...hope you all are having/had a wonderful time.

Spent the day with my daughter today. Promised her since I was going to be gone last weekend that we would go have fun, just the two of us, today. Aquarium, park, lunch and ran some errands, just Lily and I. We had a blast, and it was just an all around awesome day to have. Wouldnt trade it for the world.

I spent the morning with the 3 year old after we took the 5 year old to school yesterday. It really is awesome to get one on one time with the kiddos.

That is awesome Kyle...hope you all are having/had a wonderful time.

I spent the morning with the 3 year old after we took the 5 year old to school yesterday. It really is awesome to get one on one time with the kiddos.
It is dude, it absolutely is.

My HJJJ is my wife. Tonight we celebrated out 6yr anniversary, together for 13yrs, early because next week I'm in LC for the Invitational. She continues to be my rock and foundation to allow me to be the man that I am. She has given me two beautiful daughters & lifetime of memories. I am truly grateful to have her in my life & would not want it any other way.

She will never see this, but I just felt compelled to share with my THP family.

My HJJJ is my wife. Tonight we celebrated out 6yr anniversary, together for 13yrs, early because next week I'm in LC for the Invitational. She continues to be my rock and foundation to allow me to be the man that I am. She has given me two beautiful daughters & lifetime of memories. I am truly grateful to have her in my life & would not want it any other way.

She will never see this, but I just felt compelled to share with my THP family.

Congrats on the anniversary, Mike. Sounds like you've got a great woman.

Early in the morning (but around 11PM EST) our second daughter was born. 7.4 pounds and 1'7" of healthy girl power.

Surreal.

Early in the morning (but around 11PM EST) our second daughter was born. 7.4 pounds and 1'7" of healthy girl power.

Surreal.

Congratulations dude! That's great news.

Surreal.

Hope both ladies are doing well! Congrats!

Surreal.

Surreal, and humbling too I bet. Congrats all around to you and the family!

Thanks guys...everybody is feeling well, happy and somewhat tired. :)

Surreal.

Congratulations Henri!! Great to hear and glad everyone is well.

Congratulations CH!

Congrats Henri!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Surreal.

Congrats Henri!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back