The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha...did he show u my swing and say Derek taught u well?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Saw my first swing and said "Oh, there's the Derek Hartmann swing."

This thread revival for 2014 has been exceptional. Every time I see it pop up I want to work on my game.

Thanks for the motivation guys!! Hang in there with that back Wardy!

Nice dude!

I had planned a range session this afternoon, as well as Thursday. Instead I get rain all day and cant get out there. Will have to double the workload for Thursday.

Would you believe there are snowflakes falling down right now? It will never end. Still hoping to play this weekend.

Would you believe there are snowflakes falling down right now? It will never end. Still hoping to play this weekend.

We had that today too...get past Wednesday and I think we are home free. Looking to schedule a lesson for Thursday or Friday and then some range time this weekend and hopefully some short game work.

Dude, you got to tell it to quit that ish right now.

This has been hell for winter...

Just spent an hour hitting foam balls into a bucket. Trying to get the feel of those little chip shots around the green. Working on feeling the club just sweep the carpet. Focused on staying down and accelerating through the ball. Started out pretty bad. Bellying the ball. But as I got comfortable with my set up and posture things started to pan out. Worked on this with my 54 and my 50. These shots are something I want to be able to get tight to the hole. Par savers

Snow in the forecast tomorrow here. Ugh. Why.

Lets keep this one to actual practice and range stuff guys. Thanks.

Tonight I spent about an hour in front of the house working on pitches from 15-30 yards. The good news is I am making very good contact, and getting the ball moving where I am aiming. Bad news is I am having some trouble controlling the distance the ball is in the air. Barely missing a chipping net from 30 yards isn't really terrible, but I can definitely improve there. I stayed out until my fiancee got home from work, which was perfect timing, as my hands were starting to freeze.

I'll probably get some work on the putting green tonight. I was doing well this weekend getting the ball on my line, and I want to continue that.

After Sunday's range session I went back to the Paddock Dome again today to try to get back in the groove.
Some real good swings but had another attack of the shanks in the middle of the bucket.
I do not get where those come from out of the blue.

After Sunday's range session I went back to the Paddock Dome again today to try to get back in the groove.
Some real good swings but had another attack of the shanks in the middle of the bucket.
I do not get where those come from out of the blue.
URL]

Looks good Andy!!! I know you weren't happy with the practice session yesterday, so I am glad you were able to get back out there!

If has been a rough few days since beginning vacation and the practice range. Everyday I walk past my clubs and just want to snag them up and head out. Nonetheless Disney won out on both occasions.

So today I was able to sneak out to the putting range for about 30 mins which felt great. Looking to follow that up tomorrow with another round of golf.

Yesterdays range session was horrific. Not in terms of hitting balls, but the weather was stupid. Gale force winds and driving rain (Covered range) made it a pretty miserable 45 minutes!

I went through almost a whole large bucket of balls just chipping and pitching. On the plus side I think it did some good for my short game so its not all bad!

Managed to get some orange whip time in at least

Only hit about 60 balls last night, but really took my time with them. Concentrating on hitting to right field but keeping the club face more towards center field. I was really happy with how I hit the ball. I always seem to hit the first few pretty fat when I start a session, but after getting warmed up, I feel pretty good. Finished the night working on some chipping into the net, just trying to make sure I finish the swing with those short chips. I have a tendency to "give up" for lack of a better word once I make contact with the ball, and it leads to some pretty undesirable results.

I have a lesson scheduled Sunday morning and then I am going to spend some time on the range afterwards.

There's a few things I'm working on this year! First is tempo in everything I do (full swing, putting ect) Secondly, in trying to put in about twice as much time on my short game as I do hitting balls.

Yesterday I spent approximately 90 minutes working on my short game. I spent the first hour working on my putting with different drills. Anywhere from 3 feet to 15 feet is where I did most my work. I personally feel that those distances is where you're going to make up the most amount of strokes in a around. After that I spent 30 minutes playing a chipping game where you have to chip in them finish out each shot. Your goal is to try and make an up and down 7/10 times. It was super cold and windy but felt I got some great work done.

figures the wife is working 8am-4pm Saturday, and weather looks bad, would be nice to get a round in and some practice time on top of that.

I've been focusing on bowing my left wrist at the top of my backswing with the driver lately. I obviously don't turn my wrist over all the way because of physiological limitations of the right wrist when gripping a club, but it helps keep my left wrist flatter. This, with keeping my hands as far away from my body at the top as I can has helped tremendously. Since I realized what I was forgetting on the 16th hole of a Sunday round last week with bogeybrain and JaxGolfer2, I've only had three tee shots go high right, and only because I was trying to really get after it. I missed only one fairway on the back nine of my last round, and if the fairways were two feet wider wider I would have hit eleven on the round.

Got a great tip from the guru lee.. And went out today to a learning facility to work on my driver, that was awful yesterday.. I'm big about slam down .. But the tip that helped with everything was a simple one. I tried to hit the outside of the ball.. Not the inside .. That fixed path and bye bye to the weak push rights . Low line drive fade drivers.. Hard to hit the outside of the ball, as I was thinking I would pull way left . But it reality it made me hit it straighter and lower .. Worked with all the clubs today, but mainly wanted to improve on my driver from day before. Great tip that worked

Can't take swings while the back rests, so I'm doing some indoor putting drills and making sure the ball is starting on line and getting a solid end over end roll. 10 balls dropped, 10 perfect rolls. Put the putter away, not jinxing that. Stroke apparently is just fine, guess I'll work on alignment or something now

The good thing about my full swing being on timeout until Friday is that I have a lot of time to practice short game. One of my goals this year was to really improve my short game and it has been paying off so far. I'm no wizard around the greens but I'm in a much better place than I was a few months ago. Took one ball and a few wedges and a putter to the practice green this afternoon. I just kind of ho hum threw the ball around and tried to get up and down from wherever it landed. Did that for about an hour.

The good thing about my full swing being on timeout until Friday is that I have a lot of time to practice short game. One of my goals this year was to really improve my short game and it has been paying off so far. I'm no wizard around the greens but I'm in a much better place than I was a few months ago. Took one ball and a few wedges and a putter to the practice green this afternoon. I just kind of ho hum threw the ball around and tried to get up and down from wherever it landed. Did that for about an hour.

It's funny how hitting those solid little pitch shots can translate to the big swing. Good for you buddy and keep up the good work!

Nice, after we texted today I got the same question from Flog about the short game tips I got from JB. We will discuss them in detail on our next conf. call.

Nice, after we texted today I got the same question from Flog about the short game tips I got from JB. We will discuss them in detail on our next conf. call.

Great. I was getting ready to text you about those tips as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was very cold and windy with even some light snow flurries today, so no outside work got done. Had to settle for some work with the putter on my Accelerator Pro putting mat. But, that's okay because it always helps with my stroke. Tomorrow looks a little more promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back