The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how he did rotors and pads for that price, but I'll take it. I know the guy, (play golf and pool with him), so he always tries to do me right.

That's a good price for sure. He probably cut you some labor as well. I went to school for Auto repair etc and eventually went a different direction because of the bs I saw in the majority of the shops around me. It's so nice to have honesty in a repair shop

That's a good price for sure. He probably cut you some labor as well. I went to school for Auto repair etc and eventually went a different direction because of the bs I saw in the majority of the shops around me. It's so nice to have honesty in a repair shop

Sure is, I'm pretty dumb about todays cars, he could easily charged me twice that and I'd have never questioned it.

Sure is, I'm pretty dumb about todays cars, he could easily charged me twice that and I'd have never questioned it.

I know and that's the problem. It's when they take advantage of people that gets me. I couldn't stand seeing it anymore so I left the field. Now to be fair it's not everyone but I see it far too often especially in smaller repair shops.

First lesson scheduled for 2:00 on Sunday. Boom!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396658088.003119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinner and drinks w/ the wife tonight.

Awesome to get out of the house together rather than just spend another friday night at home.

I know and that's the problem. It's when they take advantage of people that gets me. I couldn't stand seeing it anymore so I left the field. Now to be fair it's not everyone but I see it far too often especially in smaller repair shops.

I find the exact opposite of this to be true actually.

It's more the Firestone's, Meineke's, Midas, etc that use the throw enough crap at the wall and see what sticks business model.

I find the exact opposite of this to be true actually.

It's more the Firestone's, Meineke's, Midas, etc that use the throw enough crap at the wall and see what sticks business model.

I agree those places are sometimes awful. Your local small shops could very well be nice so kudos to you but speaking from experience, ive worked at plenty of small shops that are simply awful and very dishonest.

Edit: My whole point and conversation with him was that its just nice to finally find a nice honest place haha

I agree those places are sometimes awful. Your local small shops could very well be nice so kudos to you but speaking from experience, ive worked at plenty of small shops that are simply awful and very dishonest.

Edit: My whole point and conversation with him was that its just nice to finally find a nice honest place haha

Yep. Finding someone you can trust to work on your vehicle is paramount.

Yep. Finding someone you can trust to work on your vehicle is paramount.

No doubt about it man. Wasn't trying to sound like most little shops are dishonest / nasty everywhere, I should of said the ones in the small country town I grew up in are hahaha. Yikes I could tell you stories.

No doubt about it man. Wasn't trying to sound like most little shops are dishonest / nasty everywhere, I should of said the ones in the small country town I grew up in are hahaha. Yikes I could tell you stories.

Yep unfortunately it's another profession where the majority give the entirety a bad name.

There are honest mechanics out there.

Yep unfortunately it's another profession where the majority give the entirety a bad name.

Definitely unfortunate.

working at Dick's is a blast for a college student

The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Good day!

Last edited:
Awake at 5:30. Still dark out. Golfing with THPers in a little while. Absolutely a HHJJ.

About to drive 2.5 hours into South Georgia to get beat up by a hard course in the rain.

But with 8-10 THPers so it's all good. :)

About to drive 2.5 hours into South Georgia to get beat up by a hard course in the rain.

Ah, but the golf gods have blessed us on this fine day. Rain chance at 20% or below until 4pm and virtually no chance for thunderstorms.

It was meant to be. Drive safe buddy, see you on the other side in a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give that camera a good work out, love seeing pics of THPers having fun. Drive safely and have fun!

Above freezing temps all day today.... first time since the fall that this has happened.

Snow melting. Lunch with a friend. A nice day for once. A bit of BBQ tonight.... what else could make it better?

the girl that I've been trying to date for over a year is now my girlfriend (as of yesterday).

cue victory dance.

We've know this other couple for a few years, and I have golfed with the husband a few times. Today was the first time we "double dated" for a round. Good times with some good people.

We've know this other couple for a few years, and I have golfed with the husband a few times. Today was the first time we "double dated" for a round. Good times with some good people.

KellyBo and I need to slip up to your neck of the woods one of these days :thumb:

Sounds awesome, Smalls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back