The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sick & tired of being not considered and left out. I know it seems childish, but it is gotten old. Don't know why I even try to be considerate of others when it is rarely returned.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

EFF those people John. You are an awesome person. If people don't appreciate that then you don't need to waste your time on them.

I echo Dev's sentiments. You are a great guy John and if people don't appreciate being around you - it is their loss. Hang in there.

Are all Prius drivers horrible drivers and are required to go under the speed limit?? Ugh.

Yes...Yes they are

If I could go back in time and eliminate two individuals, I would eliminate Hitler and who ever invented the popcorn ceiling.

If I could go back in time and eliminate two individuals, I would eliminate Hitler and who ever invented the popcorn ceiling.

I'd eliminate Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips.

Personally I would have gone with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd

Trying to take it down? I did that a couple months ago.

Argh, the xbox is on the fritz. Wanted to play with my nephew yesterday but it would keep giving me a disc error in the middle of the game, no matter which game I tried. Time to look on ebay...

Argh, the xbox is on the fritz. Wanted to play with my nephew yesterday but it would keep giving me a disc error in the middle of the game, no matter which game I tried. Time to look on ebay...

Have you tried clearing the cache? Mine did the same thing and for some reason this lady had me try that and its worked ever since haha. There's a few steps so pm and I'll walk you through

Have you tried clearing the cache? Mine did the same thing and for some reason this lady had me try that and its worked ever since haha. There's a few steps so pm and I'll walk you through

Please do! Thanks!

I removed a lot of that when we bought our house, but before we redid the paint and floors. It was a complete PITA. Then when we had some insulation work done one of the workers stuck his foot through our ceiling in the one room that still had the popcorn. Had to get someone in here to re-spray it, which stunk, but they paid the bill for it.

I wanted to before we painted the nursery. I know a guy who will do it and smooth out the ceiling for cheap and does good work (he has done a couple of rooms for me already, and honestly the money it costs me is well worth it from keeping me from all that frustration). Wife thought it looked fine. Now that the nursery is painted, she doesn't like it. We are trying to paint it which is IMO more frustrating than all get out.

Last edited:
I wanted to before we painted the nursery. I know a guy who will do it and smooth out the ceiling for cheap and does good work (he has done a couple of rooms for me already, and honestly the money it costs me is well worth it from keeping me from all that frustration). Wife thought it looked fine. Now that the nursery is painted, she doesn't like it. We are trying to paint it which is IMO more frustrating than all get out.

It really wasn't that hard to remove, I was surprised, the only parts that were tough were the bathrooms, they had used a water proof mud that was a pita. But yes painting it is a pain.

My rant, I've had to turn down two offers to play golf this weekend. The first came from one of my favorite golfing buddies who I never play with, and the second was just now for a course I've been wanting to play, with another buddy I haven't played with in a long time.

73 degrees yesterday and wake up to 37 degrees and snow...

73 degrees yesterday and wake up to 37 degrees and snow...

Thank goodness, would be at the range and not doing my taxes. Obviously still not doing my taxes yet...

Ungrateful people. Last 3 weekends I have spent at my grandmother's house helping my sister clean it out so she can move in. Been listening to my sister be nasty to everyone including me my parents and my grandmother who has Alzheimers. I am at my boiling point.

It really wasn't that hard to remove, I was surprised, the only parts that were tough were the bathrooms, they had used a water proof mud that was a pita. But yes painting it is a pain.
Agreed, for the most part it's easy to take down even though it makes a mess. The part that's a bit difficult (at least for my house) is that I swear they used some sort of concrete (ok maybe not, but it feels like it) to cover up the joints. That stuff is thick and impossible to remove and equally difficult to sand down. Once I found out how quickly the guy recommended to me could take the whole thing down (he has a sander attached to a vacuum unit) and put a new flat ceiling up, I was sold. There are certain things I have now accepted in life that I either can't, or won't, do and that it's easier to just pay someone to do it for me. Replacing my ceilings is one of them. We need to remodel the kitchen soon, and the first guy to walk in the door will be that guy to strip and replace my ceiling.

My rant is masters related. Why do the networks start coverage so late on the weekend. I enjoy watching more than just the last group or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rant is masters related. Why do the networks start coverage so late on the weekend. I enjoy watching more than just the last group or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Augusta National that controls it.

Went to the course to practice putting...forgot my putter at home -.-

Tap Tap Taparoo

Went to the course to practice putting...forgot my putter at home -.-

Tap Tap Taparoo

True story, I went to play a round after work to find out I forgot to put a putter in the bag that day, I wanted to play so bad I putters with a hybrid the entire round.

True story, I went to play a round after work to find out I forgot to put a putter in the bag that day, I wanted to play so bad I putters with a hybrid the entire round.

You forgetting a putter is almost comical hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back