The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Hard to believe only 100 days to go. I'm so excited for the MC, but I've got a lot of work to do before we get there.

Nervous energy is the best way I can describe it. Nervous that I wont get to where I want to be, but at the same time knowing I am doing everything I can to get there. Excited for the event in so many different ways.

I'd say this is where I'm at as well. I'm thankful that my team is so supportive through all of this so far. They keep reassuring me that the work I'm doing will lead to results but its not always like flipping a switch.

Just have to let that nervous energy motivate you to work harder. Get an extra range session in, extra lesson, extra hour around the short game area. You will be surprised how you evolve. For me, especially this year, it was like a light bulb went off after my most recent lesson, and my game has soared since. Keep at it guys.

Tick tock goes the clock, if you aren't excited, eager, anxious, and everything else in between...

You should be! :alien:

Couldn't have described it better myself! Shocked to see 100 days to go. I can't wait to get out to the course.

Man...100 days...we still have some snow on the ground and only a few courses open...but still a month earlier than last year :D MC preppin' big time!

I played a course Saturday that I hadn't played in several months for a scramble. It was definitely interesting, one because I hit from some very different parts of the course than where I normally end up, especially off the tee (we played from the middle tees due to the format, and we had some bombers on our team), so my second shots were certainly interesting in terms of hitting those touch shots from the 80-50 yard range, and secondly was a totally different putting surface. Slower and far, far more contoured than my home course. Definitely a different way to read the greens. Different speed, more break. Helped that I played with a scratch golfer and a couple of low handicaps. To say I learned a lot is a huge understatement. And to say I got a great view of how far I have to go, not just this year, but over the course of however long the good Lord lets me play this game, is an even bigger understatement.

But playing with some really skilled players aiming for low scores and willing to give advice to make it happen was really awesome for me. Like a 5 hour long playing lesson.

I can tell you it's a frustrating time for me right now. I'm working on swing changes that will make me a better golfer by the time for july. But, it's tough trying to tell myself my troubles now will be worth it.

Wow. It's really getting serious. Rules of the event announced and bridgestone staffers asked to submit their 14 club order by may 12th!

5/12?!?! Sweet!!!

Wow. It's really getting serious. Rules of the event announced and bridgestone staffers asked to submit their 14 club order by may 12th!

Nice!!!

I like how it's being done for you guys. You have just about a month to figure out all 14 slots in your bag. Should give you plenty of time to figure it out, as if you all don't have a clue at this point anyway.

...and with that announcement work ended early. Off to the dome for some club testing/comparison!

I can't believe we are already ordering our gear. Jesus time flew by this year.

Really awesome to see the Bridgestone guys getting their orders in already. July will be here before we know it.

100 days and ordering gear already. Hold on while I stop hyperventilating.

That's awesome for you guys. I can only imagine the added burst of excitement that gave you. Can't wait to see what you guys end up with.

You want to know what the Morgan Cup means? Want to know what it means to me? Okay, here goes nothing. It means the impossible is possible. It means that an event is so good and so perfect that it is often immitated and never will be duplicated. It means that some will do despicable acts and blame it on the event after the fact. You know an event is good when people talk about it constantly whether good or bad.

I had a dream and a vision and was told it couldn't happen. Don't ever tell me that. Anything can happen if one wants it bad enough. The journey to the event has changed. The tournament itself has evolved. Last year, most of the 32 participants put on a show worthy of the namesake. Its not about the quality of golf for every shot, but it is about the golf. All of the golf. By all of the players. I wont ever be the guy that dictates how one should or should not view this event and frankly get tired of people telling others how they should or should not plan for it. Everybody is different, but respect the name, the sponsors and the event and it all works out.

I can pin point when it changed my life. When I was sitting around waiting to play (I never wanted to play in it for what its worth) and I looked at a good friend and they knew we had no chance, because not everybody respected the event the same way the two of us did. I don't know where a lot of things came from in this event, but I have my gut feeling. It is an event that brings out the absolute best and the absolute worst in people. If you are genuinely a good person, it will bring out your best and I will leave the rest alone.

For me, the event is the pinnacle of hard work. I wish I could go back in time and do a lot of things differently, as I am sure we all do in every facet of life. There would be a lot of things we would change about this event that we have learned from the beginning, but one thing I will never change is the golf weekend. There has been so much misinformation put out about this event that I wonder why anybody would ever want to be involved, but at the end of the day, what we put out there, the sponsors put out there and the captains put out there are all that matters in the buildup.

My feelings are well documented and I will hop off my pedestal to share some of them. I watch human behavior through this forum rather closely. I watch what people do, say and their reactions. Call it cold, callous or anything else, but stepping away and/or moving on was the only result possible after last year. And then it happened. 25 or so of the 32 participants from last year standing on the green 20 feet below me on the balcony saying "Thank You". It brings tears to my eye just thinking about it. It was not because of the thank you, the people involved or anything else. It was because of the spontaneity of the entire thing. It was because the event changed these people. Even if just a little, on that Sunday afternoon, THP impacted them.

We host events because we can. Not because we have to. They are not a big profitable business and we would be better served never paying for a tour van, never traveling to courses and never leaving the office...But we believe bigger, better and more is what spawns growth. Not growth on THP as much as growth of individuals. This event is more headache than reward at the end of the day and every change, every announcement and every turn we have someone telling us how we screwed up and are doing it wrong.

This July will be my personal crowning jewel of #THPMC and then I will worry about the future later. If you are in this event and think "Well, I am doing okay, but next year I am going to kill it", you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you are in this event and think that it will be here forever, you are incorrect. The Morgan Cup is here right now...And nothing THP ever does is mundane and/or stagnant.

So since I did nothing but rant in here and talk about history that is meaningless, I will now get to answering your question. What does the Morgan Cup mean to me? It means excellence. It means life altering, if only for one weekend. It means hardwork rises to the top. And most of all, it means the effin Green & White gets held high as 40 participants stand and know, they busted their ass for 6 gawd damn months and now its time for me and my wife to take over and reward them with the best damn 3 days they could ever imagine.

Get ready everybody, I dont say it a lot, but I will say it right here. This effin weekend in July will be the best THPMC that has ever been put on. This will be done so at the end of it all, I can turn and quote the Master of Ceremonies like no other, Kool Moe Dee...HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!!!!

#FranchiseRewritten

Wow!!

So much true and raw emotion in this post. Thanks for opening up and sharing it JB

It's hard for me who has only been around here for 9 months to believe anyone could have any complaints about the MC.

But then in realty anytime you have over 20,000 people gathered in one place, of course there will be differing thoughts. Differing is ok, that's how you improve things if you have an open mind and the differences are genuine.

What JB and Morgan have created is truly wonderful. And I will always feel part of it, whether or not I'm ever fortunate enough to make it to Myrtle Beach or not. Whether there is a MC beyond 2014 or not, I will feel blessed just to have been a part of the supporting masses.

My hat is truly off to all 40 players and captains. Most of us probably don't have an idea of the extent to which you have worked or some of the sacrifices you have or will make.

To me means the greatest forum members along with the greatest equipment companies are helping JB tell nay-sayers. What do you say now!!

It's beginning to move a little faster now, regulations coming out, folks beginning to order clubs, people working on their handicaps, and Captains settling teams down and focusing on the goals set. Sounds real to me!

It's beginning to move a little faster now, regulations coming out, folks beginning to order clubs, people working on their handicaps, and Captains settling teams down and focusing on the goals set. Sounds real to me!

Team Hackers has started taking scheduled naps as well.

My putter fitting and testing that started Friday has really made this a lot more real. I need to do my iron fitting once I find out what our parameters are regarding shafts and club line selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm that's cool to hear for you Bridgestone Staffers. Didn't know there was going to be any ordering thought it was going to be arrive at #THPMC and work with them and figure what clubs really work well with your game. Say I already talked with the Regional Cleveland Rep about what he recommends for me so Ill be ready. This just keeps on getting better and better in here!!!

Hmm that's cool to hear for you Bridgestone Staffers. Didn't know there was going to be any ordering thought it was going to be arrive at #THPMC and work with them and figure what clubs really work well with your game. Say I already talked with the Regional Cleveland Rep about what he recommends for me so Ill be ready. This just keeps on getting better and better in here!!!

No sir u place order and clubs show up that friday

Oh ok cool didn't know that guess I missed that part. So will there be other clubs there just incase something doesn't work out with you? Im guessing they will all have the club fitting carts there.
No sir u place order and clubs show up that friday

Oh ok cool didn't know that guess I missed that part. So will there be other clubs there just incase something doesn't work out with you? Im guessing they will all have the club fitting carts there.

Negative. What you order when your club orders are due is what you have in the bag. If you took a gamble on something and it's not working out, bad news.

Negative. What you order when your club orders are due is what you have in the bag. If you took a gamble on something and it's not working out, bad news.

QFT.....get fit! It has been said a zillion times. Not directed at anyone, but rather everyone. Out OEM's WANT us to be successful. THP wants us to be successful and have a great experience on this journey. Getting fit is but one piece of the puzzle. Please consider doing this if you have not already. It is part of the journey and part of doing it right IMHO.

So excited about this.......

JM

Everything you need to know about the ordering process will come directly from your tour rep (either JB or Morgan).

Fear not dude, you'll know exactly what needs to happen.

Back