THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved in the right direction from 12.0 to 11.5. Admittedly a small move, but, considering that I'm in the middle of lessons and some swing changes, any downward movement is encouraging. The changes feel good, and there are more to come. Just need to get in more reps and improve consistency.

Its much easier to figure out with a bag of M&M's to use for counting

Not so sure about that....pretty sure I would have eaten all of them before I worked it out

First revision of the year for me. Has one low round (the only one it's counting since I posted only five) and it's not an accurate reflection by any means. I'm at least four points too low.

Still a 17.4 this morning, which isn't surprising since I wasn't able to post any rounds in the last two weeks while focusing on practicing what I'm working on lesson wise. Funny how the handicap doesn't move if you don't supply more data.

I am back up at 17.4, which is where I left off the end of last season. I expected this to happen, as one of my best score from last year just dropped from my record. Still, the last few rounds I have posted early this season are better than where I was at the peak of last season. I'd expect my cap to drop quickly once the season really gets going here.

Up to 15.8. from 15.4 after 2 rounds. Despite the number going up I am making progress and playing much better which makes me happy.

Thanks to mother nature and another night a snow I've only managed a couple scores to post. I'm expecting at least 2-18 hole rounds this week and 1-2 9 hole scores to post. By next revision day I will definitely have concrete numbers to report.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Canadan
Revision #2
From 0.1 to 0.9

Scores posted include mostly high 70s round with one even par round. Winter rust is a bad thing, and I am genuinely prepared to never take another winter off again. The frustrations around the 'feel' portion of the game are something I do not enjoy dealing with at all. Talking with the wife, she is totally fine with me setting something up. I'll be shooting for the den (where we never go) but expect the garage with a heater to get some serious time late in 2014.

I'm fine though. My ball striking has actually been extremely good, just left. My short game is as creative as ever, I just got caught up playing a different green type/speed every day for a week and it played tricks on my head by the time I was through. Consistency is very important for my low numbers, and I really look forward to getting back to my home course to continue refining my game.

I'm not sure what my next revision will be. Some very low scores are falling on the tail end of my last 20, leaving me scrambling to retain some semblance of my 0.x handicap before the next revision. I'm ready to work hard at the range though. I genuinely cannot wait to spend time sorting out my iron game. This nasty dip crept in and I've completely removed it. Time to square up my body and stop turning everything left.

Holding steady at a 2.8 this revision..... One of those things where I feel like I am playing so much better than my handicap just havent gotten the scores to show yet

I was impressed that you gutted through Sunday after breaking your driver and playing in some tough conditions. When the weather turns (finally), you'll get there.

That means a lot Seth. I thought about it while I was typing the What Did You Shoot today post and did get a little proud that I didn't just phone it in from there. I am very confident that it will come. I also tend to play better when it is hottest. Tend to get a little more distance and my back stays much more loose. Thanks for the kind words.

JM

Mine was creeping up this spring. Started hitting a lot more varying shots during practice sessions and taking it a bit more seriously and it's dropped back almost 2 full points in the last couple revisions.

I found quickly that I could move back a tee box, shoot almost the same score, and basically drive down the hdcp. I played one course in town twice in three days recently; one white, one blue. 503 yard difference. 1 stroke difference in score moving back....for the better!

10.3 to 9.8 as trend was showing. Playing different and higher rating courses should help in keeping it as close to accurate as I can. Need more rounds to solidify movement.

I started out in this thread with a goal of going from a 10.4 to a comfortable 8. With today's revision, I've managed to drop my index down to an 8.9! Still not a comfortable 8, but I'm getting there.

It's hard for me to believe that it's gotten this low. I stayed around a 13 for years, then a couple of years ago it dropped down into the 11 range & stayed there for a couple of years.

Over the last 2 1/2 months, it has gone 10.9, 10.4, 9.9, 9.5 & now an 8.9. The only thing I can really attribute it to is a lot of work my short irons & wedges from around 40 to 100 yards. My biggest concern is that my upcoming move & job change is going to put the kibosh on what could have been the best scoring summer of my life.

12.7 to 11.7 for me, first big drop since the lessons have started. I look forward to it falling faster as time goes on.

Up to 17.9, what an ugly start to a season.

Still time to right the ship buddy!
I agree, but after lessons, two THP trips, multiple range sessions, and eight rounds, it's aggravating.

Handicap dropped like a rock, I've played pretty decent but didn't expect it to drop like this. 5.7 is where it's at. I understand it's a measurement of playing potential, and that's the key I guess. Realizing that potential each time out. I'm a little concerned with where it's at, but a weak part of my game is the mental side of things. Lessons and new fitted equipment have played a huge factor i do know that. I wouldn't of gotten close without many of the threads and conversations here that a fact too.

Down to 7.3 today. Some decent scores posted this revision, but nothing really low--I think I am just knocking some of the really high ones off from last year and thus the change.

Today, official handicap opens up in Michigan. To greet it: 3 inches of snow. Will be a few weeks before I get mine up and running, but I expect somewhere in the high single digits, maybe low doubles depending on how the next few weeks go.

Down to a 0.2 kind of in shock how things clicked so quickly. Going to be tough to keep this up and get lower.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I've got my handicap down to 7.1 from 7.5 during the past month, but I've played only 5-6 rounds, and on my home course, so I'm not sure how it will stick. Time will tell.

Dropped slightly from a 3.1 to a 3.0. I've only played 3 full rounds so far and only one since the last revision, but that one round was a confidence-inspiring 79 in some challenging conditions on a tough track. Lots of momentum heading into my first ever club membership purchase on Thursday!

Trending up to 1.8. Looks like concept is giving me shots now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back