Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Post round handshakes, where do you stand?

I prefer to take my hat/shades off and thank my playing partners with a good handshake or low five or fist bump and a smile/laugh.

Sidebar: I see these guys brush their hands through their hair, often times sweaty hair before the handshake -- Are you conscious about that? I think it's gross haha!

I agree with Dan on both points. It is a nice way to end the round me thinks.

I leave my ball in the cup and just turn my back and leave. :)

I think it's good etiquette to take your hat off and make sure your hand is clean and shake hands and make eye contact.

Leave the hair as it was following hat removal then shake hands with a smile. All your points are spot on Dan.

Post round handshakes, where do you stand?

I prefer to take my hat/shades off and thank my playing partners with a good handshake or low five or fist bump and a smile/laugh.

Sidebar: I see these guys brush their hands through their hair, often times sweaty hair before the handshake -- Are you conscious about that? I think it's gross haha!
Hats off and handshake and an encouraging word for sharing a round....

I think you know where I stand on it. :D
Fist bump please.

Usually, but not always hat off. Definitely always a hand shake and a thanks for a fun round (even if it's not).

Leave the hair as it was following hat removal then shake hands with a smile. All your points are spot on Dan.

Or left hand through the hair haha!

Hats off and handshake and an encouraging word for sharing a round....

Get that new age casual angled shake chest bump or chest pat hahaha! Some good stuff there.

I go with hugs.

One word...Purell

I like shaking hands though at the end.

I always take my hat and shades off and shake hands...............then pose for post round photos while standing on the 18th green :D

MorganCup2013Round1_zpsd6dde307.jpg

I always take my hat and shades off and shake hands...............then pose for post round photos while standing on the 18th green :D

My good man, I've got our handshake locked into YouTubes for life. A special moment at a great event with great friends.

95% of the people I've played with, hats off and handshake. 4% hat doesn't come off. Never noticed shades. 1% or less stalk off in a huff or run off in a rush.
It was always just an etiquette thing to me. You fix your divots, repair ball marks, rake bunkers and shake hands.

And I sweat like a hog, so a little more sweat/grease from hair is no biggie and its all coming off once I hit the clubhouse anyway. I'm a little more leery if you've been off watering the bushes every second hole.

Handshake. .hat and glasses off

Usually, but not always hat off. Definitely always a hand shake and a thanks for a fun round (even if it's not).

Yep, always be courteous even if the other guy(s) were not fun to be with. I can always enjoy the course and soak in the views. Of course you can always play with THPers and that way it will be fun. :smile:

I have always ended the round with hats off and a handshake. I've only had issues when I play as a single, and get some weird looks if anyone is nearby.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Always hat off (and shades if wearing them) and a firm handshake. Handshake in my view is a gentlemanly thing to do in business, friendship, and sports, I'm old school.

If somebody makes it through 18 holes with me, they have earned a hatless handshake

Definitely hat's off and a hearty handshake/good round.

Hat off, hand shake and eye contact. I hate playing alone so bad I want people to know I really enjoy teeing it up with them.

Hat and sunglasses off and a handshake...

Then a pat on the butt when they turn around...j/k

Hat off for me too, it doesn't bother me if they don't though, everyone's different.

Hat off, handshake/fist bump, always.

The round will usually start with a hand-shake and introductions as well, but at that point the hat stays on.

I always remove my lid and glasses and shake hands after the round. A few years ago in my MGA, we started ending every communication to the membership with the comment "Hats off if you mean it". The implication is obvious, and it remains still today. Most members follow the custom whether it is in a tournament or casual round.

Back