What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is quite the score when the irons are not on. You must have been driving the ball well and the short game work seems like it is paying off.

It sounds worse than it was. The irons were not as "off" as just not on. I was hitting greens or just missing, but never really in a bad spot just not close enough to drop birdies. I did drive the ball pretty well today.

Broke 80 today with a 79! Tie a PB with my 4th time out this year. Played Highland Woods (white tees). Had at least 6 chances within 12 feet for birdie and couldn't convert. Oh well!

12 pars, 5 bogies, 1 double
10 GIR as well

Congrats Tim! Nice round.

Played a quick nine after our late Easter lunch. I was so full I didn't think I could swing a golf club! I ended up carding a 45 (+9) with a triple bogey in there somewhere. Just enjoying being able to get out on the course. I realized I need to move south!!!

What did you shoot today?

Had a decent round today and felt some pop in my back on the 5th hole. Instead of quitting I kept playing with 3/4 swings. Ended up shooting a 40 with 15putts.

Let's just say I was stupid for continuing. The pain in my lower back is unreal. Hopefully this isn't a pinched nerve.

Last edited:
44/41 = 85, this morning. Scores are better, earlier in the season than they have been in quite some time. Has me really looking forward to more rounds; hoping to break 80 for the first time in 3 seasons.

Was that at Cap Hills? How was the course?

Yea that was at cap hills. Course was in great shape for this time of year. Grass is looking green and the greens were receptive and rolling nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a decent round today and felt some pop in my back on the 5th hole. Instead of quitting I kept playing with 3/4 swings. Ended up shooting a 40 with 15putts.

Let's just say I was stupid for continuing. The pain in my lower back is unreal. Hopefully this is just a pinched nerve.

Dude I hope you get better very soon. A pinched nerve is no bueno

Didn't keep score but it wasn't good, got work to do as I had to play to take my medicine way too much today.

I had some good holes and some good saves today but overall scoring wasn't what I expect.

Dude I hope you get better very soon. A pinched nerve is no bueno

That meant to say hopefully this isn't a pinched nerve. Moving over to rant thread.

It sounds worse than it was. The irons were not as "off" as just not on. I was hitting greens or just missing, but never really in a bad spot just not close enough to drop birdies. I did drive the ball pretty well today.

Still very good JB. You have been posting several good scores lately and more importantly playing. I assume your back issues are behind you. Here's to a healthy 2014.

9 holes after easter stuff and shot a 47. I went from a hook miss to a slice with the woods and pull with the long to mid irons. Went from being stuck inside to OTT. This swing change to a fade is really not working out. I just want to hit it straight. Don't think I'll touch my clubs until next lesson.

42/43=85

fought pull hooks for the first 4-5 holes. Got them straightened out and had a helluva day scrambling, otherwise score would have been worse

Lots of good golf in here today

The round started with a fat wedge, three putt bogie on one and so it went. 45, 41, 86. The best part of the day, my future son-in-law made his first ever eagle today on a par 5.

+3 39/36 75. Best round I've shot in several years. Pretty crazy looking back at the card with 15 pars and 3 bogeys, lol. Not my best putting by a long shot with one 3 putt and 33 on the round.

HTC M8

Niiiiice Due. Great start to your season so far.

+3 39/36 75. Best round I've shot in several years. Pretty crazy looking back at the card with 15 pars and 3 bogeys, lol. Not my best putting by a long shot with one 3 putt and 33 on the round.

HTC M8

Nice round Duey!

40/41 for me today.

Inconsistency was the name of the game. I smothered 2 drives nearly 300 yards, and then had a bunch high on the face, or chunked off the tee box lol. Hit some great irons shots and not so great iron shots. Can't get my ball striking and yardages dialed in #frustrating.

40/41 for me today.

Inconsistency was the name of the game. I smothered 2 drives nearly 300 yards, and then had a bunch high on the face, or chunked off the tee box lol. Hit some great irons shots and not so great iron shots. Can't get my ball striking and yardages dialed in #frustrating.

Wish my inconsistencies led to an 81.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the mess that was my round yesterday, I needed another shot at it. After Church and lunch I went out to the first course I ever played. It's a muni and not really that hard. Played at 6,275. Slope is 113 and rating is 68.8. Par is 71. The goal was to react to the target and play golf rather than "golf swing".

Shot +5 76, with 39 on the front and 37 on the back. 12/13 FW and 29 putts. 9 count them, 9 one putts and 10 up/downs converted. It was pretty hard in the fairways, so I was getting some of the roll I have been missing this wet spring. I figured out my stupid driver swing from yesterday..... 80% is all it takes. The big take away was the 54* Bridgestone sand wedge. Really starting to get comfy with this club.

Easy course you say? Yes indeed. I needed nostalgia and confidence. I got it. It was a good feeling.

JM

46/47 at a tough Harborside International Portside course. Good for my handicap, but I still feel like I should be shooting better with all the work I've put in. Need to keep plugging away. Also left a wedge out there somewhere. Hoping it turns up or I've got to replace it in a hurry.

After the mess that was my round yesterday, I needed another shot at it. After Church and lunch I went out to the first course I ever played. It's a muni and not really that hard. Played at 6,275. Slope is 113 and rating is 68.8. Par is 71. The goal was to react to the target and play golf rather than "golf swing".

Shot +5 with 39 on the front and 37 on the back. 12/13 FW and 29 putts. 9 count them, 9 one putts and 10 up/downs converted. It was pretty hard in the fairways, so I was getting some of the roll I have been missing this wet spring. I figured out my stupid driver swing from yesterday..... 80% is all it takes. The big take away was the 54* Bridgestone sand wedge. Really starting to get comfy with this club.

Easy course you say? Yes indeed. I needed nostalgia and confidence. I got it. It was a good feeling.

JM

79 is a 79. I don't care how easy course is, you still have to hit the shots. Congrats on solid round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back