The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Like this change, especially not giving away the back 9 results. Talk about keeping people on the edge of your seat

Announcement

This event will not be delayed! While players will still not be able to have their phones on the course, volunteers will be responsible for posting live updates of the event as play is happening. We will limit it to words and save the images and video for the coverage, but up until the back 9 on Sunday, the forum will know what is happening and when its happening.

Including a score board update after each session with the teams and points earned.

Based on what I saw from the King live updates and how well that went over on the board, I was really hoping this would run over into the MC. Great idea guys! I think this will be a hit.

Going to be pretty cool to see the live updates and then be able to tie it into the videos to come later on.

I also like that it will be the volunteers that will be Live Updating. Obviously it's less for the participants to worry about, but it was also keep the thread less cluttered (for lack of a better term). 40 participants posting updates, or an organized 6 posting updates? I'll go with the 6.

I like the scoreboard change. I think it is smart and perhaps a bit overdue. It will make the event much easier to follow online. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like that it will be the volunteers that will be Live Updating. Obviously it's less for the participants to worry about, but it was also keep the thread less cluttered (for lack of a better term). 40 participants posting updates, or an organized 6 posting updates? I'll go with the 6.

Good points. I have always been one to focus and put my phone in the golf bag during rounds anyway--like this idea!

Everyone will know in real time while we're taking it to BigTime and JeffJohn.

#SorryNotSorry

#DoWorkDotCom

Dislike

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Everyone will know in real time while we're taking it to BigTime and JeffJohn.

#SorryNotSorry

#DoWorkDotCom

Taking what to us? Our waters and snacks to us when we ring the bell? Then yes, yes everyone will know that in real time.

He-He.......

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Taking what to us? Our waters and snacks to us when we ring the bell? Then yes, yes everyone will know that in real time.

He-He.......

Doug and I will be handing you boys all of the Shake N Bake that you can handle.

Double dislike. :alien:

Good thing I'm a charter member of Haternation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Announcement

Each year we make this announcement and each year someone decides they dont want to follow it. This year will be different. When your match ends, you are to leave the course. What I mean by that is if you finish your match on hole 15 lets say, your match is finished and 16, 17 and 18 are not to be played. We dont want to hear "well we are not slowing anybody down" or "I was going for my personal best". There are quite a few reasons for this and we hope people will abide by the rules.

If they are not followed, regardless of the outcome, points will be altered. Thank you.

Cool by me, rules are rules for a reason.

No worries here. When the match is over it's over.

Simple enough hope everyone can follow

Cool by me, rules are rules for a reason.

Completely agree! Not to mention JB has ran a few of these now and I think he knows exactly what's best for the event and everyone involved.

Announcement

Each year we make this announcement and each year someone decides they dont want to follow it. This year will be different. When your match ends, you are to leave the course. What I mean by that is if you finish your match on hole 15 lets say, your match is finished and 16, 17 and 18 are not to be played. We dont want to hear "well we are not slowing anybody down" or "I was going for my personal best". There are quite a few reasons for this and we hope people will abide by the rules.

If they are not followed, regardless of the outcome, points will be altered. Thank you.

I have no problem with this at all. Just for further clarification though, can you stay and watch another match, perhaps, or must we physically leave the course?

Seems simple enough. I like it

I have no problem with this at all. Just for further clarification though, can you stay and watch another match, perhaps, or must we physically leave the course?

Oh absolutely you can watch other matches. Just means that you are not to finish out the holes.

Oh absolutely you can watch other matches. Just means that you are not to finish out the holes.

Thanks for the Question Ken and clarification JB. Was wondering the same.

Good rule. You never see Phil say to Sergio. Nice match , let's play out the last 3 holes.

You don't have to tell me twice. When we close out on 13 or 14 we will head in for lunch.

You don't have to tell me twice. When we close out on 13 or 14 we will head in for lunch.

I think you've read one too many Rotella books, Freddie.

Stop being generous with the gimme's. As first group out, we could still make it back for breakfast by 10:00. 11 holes shall do the trick.

Back