The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I think you've read one too many Rotella books, Freddie.

I think Panda has smoked too many Rotella's, if you know what I mean.

Good rule, though. It will definitely keep the pace moving. Things will resemble herding cats on Saturday if everyone tries to finish their round.

Good rule, though. It will definitely keep the pace moving. Things will resemble herding cats on Saturday if everyone tries to finish their round.

I knew it was just a matter of time before a Freddie "We'll be done early." comment was coming. This one made me laugh though, haha.

I knew it was just a matter of time before a Freddie "We'll be done early." comment was coming. This one made me laugh though, haha.

My mother raised me never to tell a lie. So I speak the truth, Cookie and I will close this out early. I know you don't like to hear and may be calling me out of name but I don't want to make moms mad.

Or closed out to many matches early, hmmmmm :D

Lol, the meek shall inherit the Cup!

I'm ok with the rule.

Announcement

Each year we make this announcement and each year someone decides they dont want to follow it. This year will be different. When your match ends, you are to leave the course. What I mean by that is if you finish your match on hole 15 lets say, your match is finished and 16, 17 and 18 are not to be played. We dont want to hear "well we are not slowing anybody down" or "I was going for my personal best". There are quite a few reasons for this and we hope people will abide by the rules.

If they are not followed, regardless of the outcome, points will be altered. Thank you.

Quoting cuz I side tracked the thread. Good morning

I like it, the round could go a little off pace on the remaining holes.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Announcement

Each year we make this announcement and each year someone decides they dont want to follow it. This year will be different. When your match ends, you are to leave the course. What I mean by that is if you finish your match on hole 15 lets say, your match is finished and 16, 17 and 18 are not to be played. We dont want to hear "well we are not slowing anybody down" or "I was going for my personal best". There are quite a few reasons for this and we hope people will abide by the rules.

If they are not followed, regardless of the outcome, points will be altered. Thank you.

With as much golf as there is to be played that weekend, this will help the competitors and the event. Fewer holes means more energy for the next round. I'll be upset about not getting my personal best (see what I did there?), but I will certainly abide by this rule when my team closes things out early.

Like the new announcement. With so much golf being played it will be good to not have that temptation to play more and possibly get a little rest

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Yeah, there is no reason to keep playing. Cheer on your teammates who are still out there or get ready for your next match.

You don't have to tell me twice. When we close out on 13 or 14 we will head in for lunch.

When we closed out that Saturday afternoon round, I think our entire group was ready to head towards the bar. That was a long stretch of holes coming in. I think this is a good rule, especially for this event.

When we closed out that Saturday afternoon round, I think our entire group was ready to head towards the bar. That was a long stretch of holes coming in. I think this is a good rule, especially for this event.

It was brutal during the second round on Saturday! I thought I was in decent shape but the heat and fatigue had me wobbling during the afternoon round. You guys are playing in August and it will be even tougher so you should take any rest offered.

Yeah, there is no reason to keep playing. Cheer on your teammates who are still out there or get ready for your next match.

This. I didn't get to do this last year as all of my matches went the distance minus 1 hole in 1 match. Hoping I get to cheer people on this year.

one of my favorite things to do at this event.

I think you regretted playing 18 on Sunday last year and not watching it get closed out on 17.

Funny I don't regret playing 18, but I do regret seeing it get closed out on 17 for the 2nd straight year

On the one hand, I totally understand, and I suspect I should try to conserve some energy, especially through Saturday.

On the other hand, I really like playing golf, even when I'm losing/sucking at it. I don't usually like leaving the course before 18...and even then, I like to head to the range.

Still, rules are rules. Easy enough to follow them, though depending on when & where, I might be a bit reluctant to do so.

On the one hand, I totally understand, and I suspect I should try to conserve some energy, especially through Saturday.

On the other hand, I really like playing golf, even when I'm losing/sucking at it. I don't usually like leaving the course before 18...and even then, I like to head to the range.

Still, rules are rules. Easy enough to follow them, though depending on when & where, I might be a bit reluctant to do so.
I think when you know you can go cheer on your teammates, you won't even think twice about it out there.

I think when you know you can go cheer on your teammates, you won't even think twice about it out there.

Especially on Sunday, nothing like it!

I would hope no one would take more than a second to consider going to support them team.

It's certainly something I expect from my Albatross guys.

Back