The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I would hope no one would take more than a second to consider going to support them team.

It's certainly something I expect from my Albatross guys.

Albatross, TDC, whoever. Once my singles match is over, I'm looking right at my opponent and asking if we should park at a particular hole and watch the groups come to us, or stalk a group coming in? There are 38 other brothers of ours out there, they deserve to have their teammates and even "opponents" cheering them on.

I would hope no one would take more than a second to consider going to support them team.

It's certainly something I expect from my Albatross guys.

Not even a question. I'll be out there catching the action watching my teammates, however I go out last in the morning so more them cheering Marc and I on!

Funny I don't regret playing 18, but I do regret seeing it get closed out on 17 for the 2nd straight year
I enjoyed playing 18 with you dean.

Albatross, TDC, whoever. Once my singles match is over, I'm looking right at my opponent and asking if we should park at a particular hole and watch the groups come to us, or stalk a group coming in? There are 38 other brothers of ours out there, they deserve to have their teammates and even "opponents" cheering them on.
I hear they can't deny.

I genuinely don't remember what happened to my cart after I finished my singles match. The other half of my foursome played down 14 and I watched the captains come to the 9th green. It was awesome.

Then, the running/cart hopping/phone calling/text updating/Albatross searching began!

I see no problem with the rule what so ever

You don't have to tell me twice. When we close out on 13 or 14 we will head in for lunch.

Stop being generous with the gimme's. As first group out, we could still make it back for breakfast by 10:00. 11 holes shall do the trick.

I love you guys but you two may be in for a surprise saturday morning... confidence is great but i promise the first match at 2014 Morgan Cup will not be a cake walk!

I see no problem with the rule what so ever

I love you guys but you two may be in for a surprise saturday morning... confidence is great but i promise the first match at 2014 Morgan Cup will not be a cake walk!

Oh I agree. Will not be a cakewalk at all. Hope your playing TB during a practice round so you get to see the last 6 holes before Sunday.

I like surprises. Just make sure it's chilled and has vodka in it.

Thanks for playing!

Oh I agree. Will not be a cakewalk at all. Hope your playing TB during a practice round so you get to see the last 6 holes before Sunday.

Thanks for playing!

Class acts over on Team THP. Keep on squawking.

I'll be right there cheering on Team Paradise, along with each and every other competitor out there. #NoShadeSeekingHere

On the one hand, I totally understand, and I suspect I should try to conserve some energy, especially through Saturday.

On the other hand, I really like playing golf, even when I'm losing/sucking at it. I don't usually like leaving the course before 18...and even then, I like to head to the range.

Still, rules are rules. Easy enough to follow them, though depending on when & where, I might be a bit reluctant to do so.

Reluctancy leaves to points being deducted.
Lets say your match ends at 14 and you have people behind you trying to finish. Lets say they are faster golfers than you are. Should they be forced to wait on a match that is over and getting tight because a group in front wants to play a few extra holes?

It comes down to supporting the team, supporting the event and making sure that all 40 participants get to be a part of an outcome.

I genuinely don't remember what happened to my cart after I finished my singles match. The other half of my foursome played down 14 and I watched the captains come to the 9th green. It was awesome.

Then, the running/cart hopping/phone calling/text updating/Albatross searching began!

I believe it was commandeered. It came back eventually I guess? There were about 25-30 carts running a muck that afternoon!

I believe it was commandeered. It came back eventually I guess? There were about 25-30 carts running a muck that afternoon!

Seeing that many carts on one hole was pretty darn cool.

Funny you had no issue with it last year. How things have changed and quickly. I'm the same guy you called brother last as we marched to the title. Exact same guy that you stood next to. No we have no class.

Reluctancy leaves to points being deducted.
Lets say your match ends at 14 and you have people behind you trying to finish. Lets say they are faster golfers than you are. Should they be forced to wait on a match that is over and getting tight because a group in front wants to play a few extra holes?

It comes down to supporting the team, supporting the event and making sure that all 40 participants get to be a part of an outcome.

No, I totally understand the reasons behind it. I'm just saying I like playing golf. I don't like walking off the course while there might still be some golf to be played. Doesn't mean I can't also look forward to cheering up my fellow THPers as they play/finish their rounds. Wherever my round ends, I expect I'll step off the course and cheer on/follow the ground right behind me, no matter who's playing. I'll probably do that on Saturday if my second round ends before 18. I'm looking forward to that. I like watching golf almost as much as I like playing it, especially when I know and like who's golfing.

Its funny, when everyone else does it, its OK.

When we do it, its squawking.

Interesting indeed.

Its funny, when everyone else does it, its OK.

When we do it, its squawking.

Interesting indeed.

I think its great and only foresee it picking up at a frantic pace over the next few months.

There's no need for you guys to be talking about it in this thread. I shouldn't of even responded and for that I apologize. Should've gone straight to PM.

Seeing that many carts on one hole was pretty darn cool.

Being in that train of carts was awesome. Would imagine it could have been a bit distracting when they all rolled up cart after cart until they all got there, or was that something you just tuned out?

I think you're going to be in for quite a surprise Cookie, what some of us newbies lack in MC experience we certainly make up for in determination, precision, and hard work. I think you'll get out played.

I think you're going to be in for quite a surprise Cookie, what some of us newbies lack in MC experience we certainly make up for in determination, precision, and hard work. I think you'll get out played.

Hahahahaha, ok.

What started as funny trash talk with surprises as to what to mix with vodka and how many holes until breakfast has now turned into questions of class and me underestimating newbies and their focus or determination.

Wow is about all I can say and I will leave it at that.

Looking forward to July.

#micdropped

Don't play victim dude you should expect it back if you shell it out. Lighten up alice.

Don't play victim dude you should expect it back if you shell it out. Lighten up alice.

Thats what we've been saying the whole time.

Back