The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Just wanted to say something quick since the Morgan Cup meant so much to me last year.... i went into the MC last year with only 2 goals to play some of the best golf of my life and to make sure there would be future Morgan Cups so that even more THPers could be apart of such an amazing event. I completed both of those goals and i had the best time of my life while doing so. It was an absolute honor to play last year and i'll still say that losing to Canadan and WCBM in the Morning round on Saturday was the best round of golf of my entire life and i've played a few. The Morgan Cup isn't always about winning or losing i mean everyone wants to win but honestly the Morgan Cup is the only competition where everyone that is there is rooting for the opponent to hit good shots. And that was one of the things i enjoyed most about it. Its a one of a kind event is so many ways. You have to try to embrace everything and enjoy it because before you know it you may be standing on a green giving your final interview of the weekend to Josh fighting back tears because you're mentally drained and its all over. So go out and get your games in shape and do everything you can to Rep this event so next year another group of your friends can be apart of the greatest golf event I and you will ever be apart of..... THE MORGAN CUP!

Morgan Cup prep continues, even on vacation. Playing Disney's Palm on Wednesday and then 2 rounds at LIITA. Every round matters.

Just wanted to say something quick since the Morgan Cup meant so much to me last year.... i went into the MC last year with only 2 goals to play some of the best golf of my life and to make sure there would be future Morgan Cups so that even more THPers could be apart of such an amazing event. I completed both of those goals and i had the best time of my life while doing so. It was an absolute honor to play last year and i'll still say that losing to Canadan and WCBM in the Morning round on Saturday was the best round of golf of my entire life and i've played a few. The Morgan Cup isn't always about winning or losing i mean everyone wants to win but honestly the Morgan Cup is the only competition where everyone that is there is rooting for the opponent to hit good shots. And that was one of the things i enjoyed most about it. Its a one of a kind event is so many ways. You have to try to embrace everything and enjoy it because before you know it you may be standing on a green giving your final interview of the weekend to Josh fighting back tears because you're mentally drained and its all over. So go out and get your games in shape and do everything you can to Rep this event so next year another group of your friends can be apart of the greatest golf event I and you will ever be apart of..... THE MORGAN CUP!

That's why I love you Buck!

It's pretty simple math isn't it. I practice and play the game I love for a shot at greatness come July.

Absolutely my brother

It's pretty simple math isn't it. I practice and play the game I love for a shot at greatness come July.

I love this post, partner. It's what it is all about. We may never have another shot at playing in something like this. I have loved every minute of this ride so far.

I love this post, partner. It's what it is all about. We may never have another shot at playing in something like this. I have loved every minute of this ride so far.

Whoa! I didn't realize you were still alive. There have been some bumps in the road, but overall this has been a great experience that everyone should get to experience. JB was right when he said we would be rockstars.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

one of my favorite things to do at this event.
My all time favorite memories for sure!
That's my teammate!!!

While playing with IceyShanks today, we talked extensively about the MC, and he was giving me all the tips he learned from participating last year. Hearing Kyle talk about the bonds of friendship that he formed last year, I want that in such a bad way! I know this is a competition, and I fully intend to treat it as such and try to bring home the cup, but I also can't wait to spend a magical week (ish) with 39 other participants and the volunteers, and most especially JB and Morgan. This is going to be unlike anything I've done before and anything that I'll likely ever do again, and hearing about it today from Kyle's perspective, I'm even more amped up about it!

I got a chance to feel a little real pressure today, and while it's surely nothing like the pressure I'll feel at the Morgan Cup, it should help a little in preparation. It was the first round of our Club 2-Man Match Play Championship, and I tried to imagine I was playing on Saturday morning in Myrtle Beach. I felt very confident in my swing because my work and lessons are starting to pay off. But, I have not been putting well on my home course because the greens have been kept very, very slow. Indeed, I didn't putt very well early on and that resulted in more pressure. But, instead of getting worried, I just got mad and focused even more. I finally did make key putts on 16 and 17 to close them out 3 up. I think there are at least four more rounds of match play in this tournament over the next six or eight weeks, so I should get a lot more opportunity to "feel it".

V.man and Neb! What great preparation for the MC! Those were awesome posts to read!

Bump because I love me some Buck. Thanks bro!!

I have a question for everyone, old and new. What has been different about this event prep vs other events you may have played in.

I have a question for everyone, old and new. What has been different about this event prep vs other events you may have played in.

The difference for me has been. I'm not only preparing for myself. I'm prepping for my teammates, the rest of the 39 guys, Josh and Morgan, my sponsor and the rest of the THP community.

When I feel like mailing in a day I think about the above people and get up and do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly can't explain it Freddie, every time I've been fortunate to play in an event I've been nervous and I'm nervous about the MC, but the desire to get better has never been greater for me than this year. Yes I want to win, yes I want to put my sponsors in the spotlight, yes I want to be a part of a 40 man team, yes I want to help the event come back for another year, but for some reason I want to better than I ever have been. It's inside me and I can't put into words where it came from or what it feels like but it's there.

The quick answer is EVERYTHING! First, the Morgan Cup is the “flagship” event for the forum I’ve come to love and feel a part of—an event in which I never dared dream that I might ever participate. The enormity of the sense of obligation I feel to Josh and Morgan, my team mates, sponsor, the other 39 cuppers and to the forum awes me every single day, and drives me to work hard not to disappoint them. I’ve never in my life had seven months to prepare for a single event, yet continually feel it’s going too fast and I’m running out of time. I could go on and on, but, enough said. Is this different than any other event I’ve been a part of? It’s The Effing Ultimate Golf Event Period. You bet you’re a$$ it is!

I've never played in an event that is on the same level as the MC. I've played in a decent amount of tournaments but have never been excited for them. I didn't do anything to change my prep for those tournaments. Not only are my teammates relying on me to play well but I think every other competitor is. No one wants to beat someone's "C" game.

To be honest I think Morgan, JB, all the OEMs and THP as a whole are relying on all of us to play some good golf. It makes me work a lot harder when I think about it that way.

Having been through the event before, I am much calmer and more methodical about my approach. I am really focused on eliminating my weaknesses and feel like I am finally improving in the areas that will make the most difference come July.

More prep than ever before. More lessons than ever before. More work on short game than ever before.

#JourneyToBetter

I hope you guys are adding physical conditioning to your prep work. It will be critical for your afternoon matches Saturday!

Practicing with a purpose

Taking lessons

Being more careful with club selections to ensure that I have a bag that can be utilized to the best of my ability, not just pretty or the sexy shafts, etc.

Trying to make weaknesses strengths in my game and become as mentally tough as possible

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

For me it has been lessons and practicing with purpose. No more just hitting balls off the range, but hitting them with the mindset of playing in a pressure situation.

It's hard to explain, but there is more at the finish line than is for a regular tournament.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Having been through the event before, I am much calmer and more methodical about my approach. I am really focused on eliminating my weaknesses and feel like I am finally improving in the areas that will make the most difference come July.

Erik hit it right on the head. I feel much calmer about my prep than I did last year. Im sure the nerves will be there on the first tee again this year, especially being the first group out. I've prepped much harder than last year and been more methodical about my practice routine. It's not just about going to the range and hitting balls, there are specific things that I work on.

Back