The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ, that is tremendous buddy.

CJ, that is tremendous buddy.

And I just read your a Mediterranean history nut!
I am a bit bummed that his cruise will not take him to Malta though, it is a cool place that I had the price ledge of visiting while in the Navy.

I haven't charged my phone since overnight Sunday and I still have 1/4 battery life.... I might not go back to a "smart" phone

Tuesday, my father will turn 70, and thus become the oldest male ever to live in our family.

Myself, my wife, my brother, and 2 sisters have done something that I truly believe will move this man, my hero to tears. And this packet came in the mail today.

Inside this packet, is a package including tickets for airfare from Detroit, to Barcelona, Spain. He will be staying 3 days in Barcelona before getting on a cruise ship and sailing 8 days/7 nights around the Mediterranean! Before flying home from Athens after spending 4 days there.

He leaves Wednesday, I hope he comes back!

This is a trip he had always wanted to take, and will be so with it!

I can't wait to see his face!

Thats awesome CJ. I did something for my Dad's 70th a few years back. I flew him up to Boston to meet a famous writer there, enjoy a Red Sox game in the press box and have dinner with the writer afterwards. Someone that was capable of talking about Boston sports from when my Dad was growing up in the 50s and 60s up there.

It seriously moved him and brougth us closer together.
His 75th is next year and I am working on ideas.

My HHJJ is THP. I'm 15 minutes into a 4 hour wait in line and this place will make it bearable.

Tuesday, my father will turn 70, and thus become the oldest male ever to live in our family.

Myself, my wife, my brother, and 2 sisters have done something that I truly believe will move this man, my hero to tears. And this packet came in the mail today.

Inside this packet, is a package including tickets for airfare from Detroit, to Barcelona, Spain. He will be staying 3 days in Barcelona before getting on a cruise ship and sailing 8 days/7 nights around the Mediterranean! Before flying home from Athens after spending 4 days there.

He leaves Wednesday, I hope he comes back!

This is a trip he had always wanted to take, and will be so with it!

I can't wait to see his face!

You are definitely going to make him a very happy man. Great job CJ.

My HHJJ is the tub and surround we ordered was successfully brought home today and put in my basement without destroying it. A major accomplishment. Even better that getting the tub, surround, and 6 pieces of drywall into the basement didn't result in anything being destroyed, and no arguments with my father whose truck and trailer I borrowed.

Perhaps the first time ever an event of this nature has occurred with my father without it becoming a battle of wills.

My wife is a badass.

People throw around the words "brother" and "family" on this site a lot. The best part is that I know people mean it. I have met many, many excellent people on here. Not just great golfers, but great people. Candidly, it's still amazing to me that a website focused on golf can attract and collect so many quality people.

Even when life gets a little real, I know that I can come here and interact with truly some of the best people that I know. All sorts of backgrounds, from all walks of life, and from all over the country (and some parts of he the world). It's just such an excellent community.

Thank you.

People throw around the words "brother" and "family" on this site a lot. The best part is that I know people mean it. I have met many, many excellent people on here. Not just great golfers, but great people. Candidly, it's still amazing to me that a website focused on golf can attract and collect so many quality people.

Even when life gets a little real, I know that I can come here and interact with truly some of the best people that I know. All sorts of backgrounds, from all walks of life, and from all over the country (and some parts of he the world). It's just such an excellent community.

Thank you.

Well said, Seth!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

In 12 hours Ill be waiting to board my flight for 9 days in Orlando. Disney World and THP, my two favorite things!

Got a call late last night that the woman who is selling the house we put the offer on a few days ago is willing to negotiate. Going back this morning to take another look and see if we can finally end this stupid search.

Good luck Rick, I know how aggravating house buying/selling can be. I think you will be posting again in this thread later today. :thumb:

Got a call late last night that the woman who is selling the house we put the offer on a few days ago is willing to negotiate. Going back this morning to take another look and see if we can finally end this stupid search.
Good luck!!!

Good luck buddy!

Good luck buddy! I hope it works out.

They always come crawling back

My HHJJ is a good one for me. My wife is 40 weeks pregnant with our second child. During the first, she spent the last 4 weeks on bed rest due to preeclampsia. Basically is just high blood pressure for her and a couple other things that can affect the baby. But this pregnancy was different. Her blood pressure has been awesome this whole time. Except for Wednesday. She went to her last check up and the doctor immediately send her to the hospital because her blood pressure was 185/115. Had her on iv fluids and monitors for two days and I was really worried but today she's back to normal and at home feeling a whole lot better! Only a couple more days until the baby comes and now I can just focus on being excited again

My HHJJ is a good one for me. My wife is 40 weeks pregnant with our second child. During the first, she spent the last 4 weeks on bed rest due to preeclampsia. Basically is just high blood pressure for her and a couple other things that can affect the baby. But this pregnancy was different. Her blood pressure has been awesome this whole time. Except for Wednesday. She went to her last check up and the doctor immediately send her to the hospital because her blood pressure was 185/115. Had her on iv fluids and monitors for two days and I was really worried but today she's back to normal and at home feeling a whole lot better! Only a couple more days until the baby comes and now I can just focus on being excited again

Did you tell the doctor that her high blood pressure was brought on by seeing the golf stuff on the credit card statement? Haha Glad you guys got passed that little scare. Good luck and can't wait to see some pictures.

Did you tell the doctor that her high blood pressure was brought on by seeing the golf stuff on the credit card statement? Haha Glad you guys got passed that little scare. Good luck and can't wait to see some pictures.

Hahaha could be it. And thanks Ricky I can't wait for Monday

My son had his first communion today, and did one of the readings during the mass. He aced it, and looked like a champ in his first ever suit. We had plenty of family over afterwards, including my 88 year old grandfather, who took great delight in telling me all about recently playing TPC Myrtle Beach and giving me hole by hole recaps of some of his recent rounds :) When he left with my grandmother (they live about 2 hours away) he told me I'd better get my butt out to see him with my clubs in the trunk this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back