JB Holmes Wins Wells Fargo Championship - WITB

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The man has been through a lot in his career, including brain surgery. Today he won the Wells Fargo. Here is a look at WITB.

Driver - TaylorMade SLDR 12* w/ Diamana shaft.
Fairway - TaylorMade SLDR 15.5 w/ UST Elements
Hybrids - Tour Edge Exotics 2 & 3
Irons - TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-9
Wedges - Cleveland 588 RTX MB RTG 48, 54, 60
Putter - Odyssey #7
Ball - Srixon - Z-Star

This is such a cool story! I'm so glad he was able to get the victory. The bag is quite mixed. I honestly thought he would have more Cleveland/Srixon equipment. Wedge ps are interesting for sure. Going with the RTX as the PW then jumping up to a 56.

A few things stand out. 12°! Is that opened or at the marked loft?

An Elements shaft in the wood? I'm going to have to go check Jman's review.

Tour Preferred MCs - woot woot!

Nice to see JB get a win.

Good for him! I've always liked JB Holmes.

JM

Great story and one heck of a mixed bag there, congrats to JB!

Good win for JB! Like the fact that he plays a 12° driver.

Such a great win for a guy who had been through so much. Great mix there and look at him bagging some TEE hybos!

Enjoyed watching J. B. win even though I didn't have him on my fantasy team. It would be hard not to root for him. A feel good story for sure.

Do those Z Stars gave dimples on them.

He he

Pretty happy for JB Holmes to get the win.

#journeytobetter

12° driver eh? Loft up indeed.

Odyssey is having a pretty solid year. Interesting mix of clubs in that bag.

Wow great to see JB Holmes pull it off. Man figured he had a full bag full of Cleveland/Srixon gear. But hey whatever works to win is all that matters.

Good for JB Holmes, really glad he got the win and that's is quite the mix of equipment in the bag.

Using Tapatalk

Really happy for the guy

Man he was killing the ball today, I'm glad he got the win he earned it.

So interesting to see him playing a 12degree driver. Wasn't he playing something crazy like a 6 degree when he was on the Ryder Cup team? That's what low spin will do.

Welcome to the 2015 Masters Mr. Holmes

I was hoping to see him playing the new Srixon irons but still cool to see TM get a win.

Glad to see him play well and get the W. Definitely a win multiple manufacturers can (and have) take some joy from.

Really happy for JB! Good dude who works hard.

In looking this over I assumed he played more cleveland srixon stuff

Cool bag there. Love seeing the driver at 12*, and the fact that the pros are using MC's makes me wonder why on earth they even manufacture MB's.

Cray happy for him, its been a crazy cray road for him.

Glad he got the win. Quite the eclectic bag there. Very cool to see!! Thanks for the WITB!

Back