The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I don't want to detract from the announcement but I did a search and now my curiosity is getting the better of me. I don't think an MC has ever ended in a tie but is there something in place for that, and if so, what is it?

I don't want to detract from the announcement but I did a search and now my curiosity is getting the better of me. I don't think an MC has ever ended in a tie but is there something in place for that, and if so, what is it?

I asked Seth and he said it was a shandy drinking contest to settle any ties. He might have been lying to me though, you know how lawyers are.

Team post count.

I asked Seth and he said it was a shandy drinking contest to settle any ties. He might have been lying to me though, you know how lawyers are.

Awesome?

Yep.

There is something and it will be outlined soon.
The irony is that I originally said something about post count, but was voted against although I was not serious.

Interesting twist, and I like it. Two 9 hole matches can really change how the captains choose the Sunday singles matches.

Great twist! And I am correct in saying that THP will be able to follow along with live scoring correct?

That the participants cannot and will not have mobile devices?

Interesting twist, and I like it. Two 9 hole matches can really change how the captains choose the Sunday singles matches.

I don't follow. How does this impact Sunday singles? Thought this was just the alt shot round on Saturday.

I don't follow. How does this impact Sunday singles? Thought this was just the alt shot round on Saturday.

If there is two points on the line for Saturday PM depending on where each team point wise you have to decide if you want to try and load up the front end of Sunday and grab some points and momentum or do you spread it out and preserve your lead.

I wasn't implying that Sundays format was changed at all.

Great twist! And I am correct in saying that THP will be able to follow along with live scoring correct?

That the participants cannot and will not have mobile devices?

That is correct.

If there is two points on the line for Saturday PM depending on where each team point wise you have to decide if you want to try and load up the front end of Sunday and grab some points and momentum or do you spread it out and preserve your lead.

I wasn't implying that Sundays format was changed at all.

Gotcha. That does introduce a bit of a wrinkle. Glad I'm not the captain, Wardy can sort out all of those fine strategy points.

Man, Saturday nights dinner is going to be freaking epic.

Loving the new change. Going to be some tight tolerances on two 9-hole stints.

Now this is interesting and awesome and can work both ways. Stay strong and long land soft with loft...#workit

That we shall do! Work it baby!

It's a nice twist to the whole round #2...love it, more points more excitement!

Try u shall
Succeed u will not

:)

ANNOUNCEMENT

For a number of years I have felt that too much of the team environment was stressed on Singles, so today we are announcing a change. The formats have been set and those will not be altered, but the 2nd round of golf will be scored differently.

Saturday PM Round - Alternate Shot
You will be playing your match twice.
Two 9 hole rounds will be played in match play rather than one 18 hole match.
This means that 2 points are up for grabs in each matchup rather than 1.

What this also means is that when you close out your 9 hole match, you are not required to play anymore until the 2nd match begins. Due to logistics, you will not be able to skip ahead to #10 on Caledonia most likely, but you will not be required to score it.

We will ask that if you do finish your 1st 9 hole match early, that you pick up the pace a bit until you reach 10 as to not hold anybody up. If you were to fall behind the group in front of you, and your 9 hole match has concluded, you will be penalized.

Makes each shot worth that much more

There is something and it will be outlined soon.
The irony is that I originally said something about post count, but was voted against although I was not serious.

How do you get out voted in a vote of two (you and GG) :D

No changes I can think of had I known in advance.

How does it feel? Now that we know who we are facing how does it feel? How much are those brains turning? Are you training the same or harder or easier?

Changes in the event have blind sided me and instead of playing in the AM I'm going to work on the swing. I am thinking maybe 10 rounds between now and the MC. At least 20-30 hours of putting and 40-60 hours of range time over the next 10 weeks.

I want a repeatable swing that will stand up no matter what changes we get. And I'm not positive more changes aremt coming.

Back