What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39/40-79 (net 62!!) at Legacy Ridge today. Entire round felt great as I was putting for bird or par on all holes. No big numbers today was the key. Chipping in twice was extra special. The first was a routine little chip from just off the green to a pin 15 ft away. The second one was a big flop shot over a bunker that I couldn't see the hole. I knew I hit it good so I turned and picked up my clubs and walked to the green only to not see my ball anywhere. Surprise! Its in the hole! I hadn't totaled my card until I was on the 18th tee and I knew I was close to a PB. I needed a birdie to break it and I ended up in trouble off the tee and then missed the par putt to tie it. Still its the best I ever have scored at this tricky course. I wish OC was tomorrow because I'm pretty full of confidence right now. Getting into The Bridgestone Championship really put me back into a positive vibe.

7 FW
6 GIR
31 putts
3 birdies
5 pars
10 bogies

Now that's what I like to see, would have been better in person. Well done!

Today I learned that course length has nothing to do how well I play.

First round, tough course from the mens:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_16_at_16_32_58.png

Second round, easy course from the ladies:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_16_at_16_33_11.png

Today I learned that course length has nothing to do how well I play.

First round, tough course from the mens:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_16_at_16_32_58.png

Second round, easy course from the ladies:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_16_at_16_33_11.png

Totally true. All about controlling distance and direction

I don't know how I did it, but I shot a forty freaking two (42)! today!!!! On my usual front nine before work.

I had three pars, five bogeys, and one double bogey. Drive was working good enough, approaches were nice, and I know this might sound funny, but I feel like I am finally figuring out how to score. A lot of this is club choice when I just barely miss the greens on my approach shots. Whereas I used to try and hit a 56 or 60 degree wedge and hit the pin, now I am just using a little gap wedge or pitching wedge. I have discovered that I am VERY accurate and have a good touch with those two clubs around the green. I can usually get it within 10 feet or so and that gives me a legit one putt situation. I did have to use the 56 to clear a sand trap, but was able to do that just fine. Man I feel good. My score was so low that when I was entering it into the computer in the pro shop, it asked me to verify my score because it was lower than normal. That's a good feeling.

I don't know how I did it, but I shot a forty freaking two (42)! today!!!! On my usual front nine before work.

I had three pars, five bogeys, and one double bogey. Drive was working good enough, approaches were nice, and I know this might sound funny, but I feel like I am finally figuring out how to score. A lot of this is club choice when I just barely miss the greens on my approach shots. Whereas I used to try and hit a 56 or 60 degree wedge and hit the pin, now I am just using a little gap wedge or pitching wedge. I have discovered that I am VERY accurate and have a good touch with those two clubs around the green. I can usually get it within 10 feet or so and that gives me a legit one putt situation. I did have to use the 56 to clear a sand trap, but was able to do that just fine. Man I feel good. My score was so low that when I was entering it into the computer in the pro shop, it asked me to verify my score because it was lower than normal. That's a good feeling.

Congrats on the round dude!

Last night I got out for a very quick nine. Only had an hour and a half until sunset. Walked and carried my way to a terrible 51. Driving was bad. Irons were pretty bad. Putting was acceptable. I hadn't touched my clubs in about a week and a half and it showed. Was a good mental break though. Today I am playing with my best friend from high school, so that will be more fun.

Shake it off and have fun out there today bud!

39/40-79 (net 62!!) at Legacy Ridge today. Entire round felt great as I was putting for bird or par on all holes. No big numbers today was the key. Chipping in twice was extra special. The first was a routine little chip from just off the green to a pin 15 ft away. The second one was a big flop shot over a bunker that I couldn't see the hole. I knew I hit it good so I turned and picked up my clubs and walked to the green only to not see my ball anywhere. Surprise! Its in the hole! I hadn't totaled my card until I was on the 18th tee and I knew I was close to a PB. I needed a birdie to break it and I ended up in trouble off the tee and then missed the par putt to tie it. Still its the best I ever have scored at this tricky course. I wish OC was tomorrow because I'm pretty full of confidence right now. Getting into The Bridgestone Championship really put me back into a positive vibe.

7 FW
6 GIR
31 putts
3 birdies
5 pars
10 bogies

Would have liked to have been there buddy! Very nice

Shot 40/35 75 +4 at Las Sendas. The greens were so dry and hard it was almost impossible to stop a ball on them. It watched 4 great shots bounced high in the air and roll off on the front 9. I played everything a club short on the back and played bump and run type shots. Very difficult but fun day.

Played yesterday afternoon....perfect 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and just a touch of a breeze...........just wish my game was as perfect

44/45 = 89

8/13 FW
5 GIR
33 putts
2 bunkers
3 penalty strokes

Played an executive 18 yesterday that was a par of 56, shot a 66! Not bad for the first round of the year and lots to improve upon as I lost 3 balls throughout the round due to some nasty hooks and chunks. Highlight was on #18 par 4, 275 yards, with a narrow fairway and bunkers guarding either front side of the green. Landed my drive right at the tip of the green and had it roll up about 10 feet from the pin. Missed the eagle putt by an inch on the lowside, but still great to have a chance at eagle!

71470_10154181377675083_8242740736927687257_n.jpg

first time I hit 14/14 fairways today. didn't even notice it until tallying my scorecard at the end of the day. unfortunately only hit 9/18 greens and scored 83. three 3 putts and two penalty shots. ugh.

so I played again today and only hit 5/14 fairways. ahh...consistency. irons were awful, only 3 greens. I did shoot 80 though which is better than yesterday. mainly better short game and more up and downs. if only both would work together...

92...I have had three really bad days. I can't find the fairway off the T Box to save my life. My push has moved into my irons as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

92...I have had three really bad days. I can't find the fairway off the T Box to save my life. My push has moved into my irons as well.

Taking 10% off my swing always helps me to start hitting straight again and then you can just dial it back up when you've found your swing again!

Taking 10% off my swing always helps me to start hitting straight again and then you can just dial it back up when you've found your swing again!

Thanks. Going to try that tomorrow. My first drive was perfect and I made Par. Had a birdie lip out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

38/43-82. Could have been lower. Par 3's had my number today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74 with a double bogey, +3

​very good

+3 on 5 holes at sim golf. Never played before it was pretty cool except the putting that was jacked.

+3 on 5 holes at sim golf. Never played before it was pretty cool except the putting that was jacked.

That's been my experiences with sim too

What happened to the scramble I have been hearing about for 2 weeks?

New irons, Cobra Amp Cels, in the bag, shot a fairly solid 77 in 50° weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43/47 for 90 at Troy Burne. Best round of the year and shot to my cap. Was really a story of what could have been on the back as I had 3 penalties, 2 of which were stroke and distance. Feeling pretty good about it overall. Sitting right on the cusp of better scoring.

Played 36 on the same course today.

First round was a 40/41 81 and the second round was a 39/40 79. I feel like the first round I scored better than I played, and the 2nd round I played better than I scored.

Played 36 on the same course today.

First round was a 40/41 81 and the second round was a 39/40 79. I feel like the first round I scored better than I played, and the 2nd round I played better than I scored.

Two great rounds there!

46 and even in a little match play between me and a bag boy at the club. I was 1 up most of the match but his birdie was better than my par on #9. I was awful off the tee today and need to get that fixed. Short game is coming around but I still missed a couple of putts I should have drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back