Round 1 Matchups - 2014 Morgan Cup #THPMC

I just had a random thought about Saturday morning. Assuming this is the order that we are going off I'm glad to see a guy like Freddie teeing off first. I know my nerves will be firing on all cylinders but watching a dude as cool as Freddie step up will put me at ease a little bit. I remember seeing how nervous everyone was last year on the first tee and dude just walks up, tosses aside the fairway wood he brought up, and crushes his tee shot without showing an ounce of nerves. Not trying to put you on the spot my friend but it was something I was thinking about.

And if I'm asked to tee off first you will see the ultimate opposite of smooth and swagger. :)

Now I have to do something else...the pressure!!!!

The end result is going to be a bomb down the first hole. You know it, I know it, and the MILLIONS...... of people watching at home know it.

And if I'm asked to tee off first you will see the ultimate opposite of smooth and swagger. :)

You are smooth in your own way

-------------------------------------------------------

My vote is that Brad get the honor. The guy has worked his arse off, not that we all haven't. But there is something in the back of mind that tells me Brad should start this party out right! I admire guys that have nothing in the way of a golf game (not a big) because it was just a passing thought. Gets a set of irons and transforms into a man of discipline on the golf course and changes his game. This gets my blood flowing and I would honored to see this guy stripe it right down the middle. GAME ON!

Either of Cookie, Freddie, or Brad should get the honor. Brad, who has been working his butt off even with a newborn at home. Freddie who gives hours and hours of his time helping others. Cookie who is a veteran aroumd the forums and so friendly to everyone. Any of these guys deserve to start it off. I will be shaking with nerves as I enjoy watching these guys stripe it down the fairway

I appreciate the compliment Freddie, I will fill whatever role I need to to get the MC started off on the right foot. Four bombed drives down the middle are what I want to see. What a better way to set the tone then to see the top group smashing the crap outa the ball right out of the gate? Set the tone for the entire day and give confidence to the other 36 guys waiting to go.

I just had a random thought about Saturday morning. Assuming this is the order that we are going off I'm glad to see a guy like Freddie teeing off first. I know my nerves will be firing on all cylinders but watching a dude as cool as Freddie step up will put me at ease a little bit. I remember seeing how nervous everyone was last year on the first tee and dude just walks up, tosses aside the fairway wood he brought up, and crushes his tee shot without showing an ounce of nerves. Not trying to put you on the spot my friend but it was something I was thinking about.

I'll tell you what dude, some folks will be awful nervous lol on that tee if they're first to pull the trigger. No matter who it is it will be fin to watch as they pound one right down the middle. I'd let you go first lol, no, I insist!

I'll tell you what dude, some folks will be awful nervous lol on that tee if they're first to pull the trigger. No matter who it is it will be fin to watch as they pound one right down the middle. I'd let you go first lol, no, I insist!

Hell, I'm getting nervous just sitting here thinking about teeing off on that Saturday morning and it's still 2 months off! It won't matter when I tee off, I'll still be feeling more pressure than I've ever felt on the first tee.

Hell, I'm getting nervous just sitting here thinking about teeing off on that Saturday morning and it's still 2 months off! It won't matter when I tee off, I'll still be feeling more pressure than I've ever felt on the first tee.

Oh don't act like you are smacking it right down the middle like always

That's one thing I am thankful I have done is have to preform in front of a lot of people. It's work learning how to manage Nerves. I think it will be huge to whomever gets theirs under control first.

I have to say, there is no environment like the first tee of the Morgan cup. There are so many reasons to be nervous and all will be present. But in the end when you shut everything out and pick your target, it's you, the ball and that club. Swing away and then you'll come back to reality and hear the 20 plus behind you clapping and cheering you on.

So much cool and goosebump material in the last page of posts!

JM

That's one thing I am thankful I have done is have to preform in front of a lot of people. It's work learning how to manage Nerves. I think it will be huge to whomever gets theirs under control first.

Bro I'm right there with you lol, I've played on stage in front of a few thousand people and I can tell you that even though I was scared $hitless it was fun, the first tee already has my bladder spazzing lol, I may just pee myself hahaha!

Bro I'm right there with you lol, I've played on stage in front of a few thousand people and I can tell you that even though I was scared $hitless it was fun, the first tee already has my bladder spazzing lol, I may just pee myself hahaha!

I still don't remember what I did on the Sat. AM tee. It was very surreal.

Haha you dog, don't be afraid to hit me up for some if you need them lol.

haha I might need some. It's going to be exciting, never racking, daunting, and an honor on the first tee. Can't wait.

I still can't stop thinking of round 1.

There has always been nerves on the first tee and always will be.

But, after the first few swings the nerves and pressure went down with the free swinging format or scramble.

That is long gone and every stroke counts once you're off that tee box.

Crazy. Pressure. Nerves.

But I love it so damn much.

Yea and now I don't get the benefits of throwing you and Freddie out first since I'll be in the lead group on 10 (most likely). D'oh!

It's going to be very different. In ways, I think that's good though. The shock of going from an all-out scramble to best ball was sort of tough for me. All of a sudden you are responsible for your score. At least we'll sort of be able to ease into the second round now.

Haha, sorry about that tee split captain!

Morning round definitely prepared nicely for AS because you have to perform on your ball for your team. No throwaway shots after the tee box.

Awesome. Combined score is awesome. Accountability. Can't get over how much I love it.

Don't take this the wrong way.....but if you pee yourself at any point during our match we're going to have a serious problem. I think Six will have bigger problems seeing that he's riding with you. And no Six4.......you cannot ride with Best and I.

Don't take this the wrong way.....but if you pee yourself at any point during our match we're going to have a serious problem. I think Six will have bigger problems seeing that he's riding with you. And no Six4.......you cannot ride with Best and I.

Lol!! I'll hang on to the back of the cart while he drives if he pees himself!

There may be some of hat too lol although I will be the model competitor while on camera.

Back