The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a blast yesterday with THPers and that was something I really needed. Been in a funk lately. Just seems like little things keep piling up and the home buying process have really drained me. So much good and fun are on the horizon but all I can focus on right now is the negative. I hate it.

One word: Indianapolis.

One more word: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

One word: Indianapolis.

One more word: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know buddy. I am really excited but things here are just weighing heavily on me and I just can't snap out of it. I think about my grandmother who has Alzheimers every day and it upsets me watching her just be a shell of the amazing lady she has been my entire life. My mother has alot of health issues and I am extremely worried about her but she doesn't do anything to make it any better. She is too busy worrying about everyone else. To top it off my best friends (soon to be ex) is now pregnant with the guy's child she was cheating on him with and my wife is still friends with her. My wife wants to throw her a baby shower because she threw one for us and I want nothing to do with it. My best friend is utterly devastated as he and her were trying to have a child for over a year before he found out she was cheating on him.

Needing 2 vehicles might be the death of me.

Found an awesome truck, haggled a price, then the sleazy car salesman tried to give a different price on paperwork.
He actually said he was surprised I caught it, I told him I'm surprised you tried to screw me when I was set to buy 2 vehicles from you.

Yes, the purchase agreement was ripped up just before I walked.

He calls my phone a little while ago asking me to come back in and work a deal.

Ummm.... I'll pass

To top it off my best friends (soon to be ex) is now pregnant with the guy's child she was cheating on him with and my wife is still friends with her. My wife wants to throw her a baby shower because she threw one for us and I want nothing to do with it. My best friend is utterly devastated as he and her were trying to have a child for over a year before he found out she was cheating on him.

There is so much WTF in that situation, it's not even close to being funny. Ouch.

There is so much WTF in that situation, it's not even close to being funny. Ouch.

Sadly I agree. Awkward doesn't begin to describe it.

Found an awesome truck, haggled a price, then the sleazy car salesman tried to give a different price on paperwork.
He actually said he was surprised I caught it, I told him I'm surprised you tried to screw me when I was set to buy 2 vehicles from you.

Ummm.... I'll pass
ooh that's low. I hate shady sales guys. Hope you find somewhere that doesn't pull that sort of move on you.

It's like I'm not going to read it?

Come on!

I guess any people don't. When my fiancé bought her car a couple years ago the sales guy wax surprised she wanted to read the entire contract.

A buddy of mine who sells new cars said An old trick is to get the muted to say how much they want to pay per month and then they can jack around the terms like 54 months as opposed to 48 to actually raise the price of the car.

He said it's amazing how many people focus on the monthly payment as opposed to the actual sales price.

Ummm.... I'll pass

Good for you in sticking to your guns. There are enough other dealers who will try and earn your business not steal from you.

The bag I used to pick up after Duke on his walk this morning had a hole in it. I think you can figure out the rant here.

The bag I used to pick up after Duke on his walk this morning had a hole in it. I think you can figure out the rant here.

Hot mess.

I really feel for you. Ugh!!! Think of the problem with my TWO rotties!!! I always carry 2-3 bags, and a couple of paper towels!! Not my idea of a good walk!

Morgan, those of us with kids understand, and just tell you that you're finger won't fall off. :)

Always double bag!

Moving sucks! I'm excited and terrified at the same time, lol. We've moved plenty of times, but after over 8 years here in Nebraska we are really depressed about leaving close friends and all the things we love here, but getting back to the family is a must. On the bright side, we have sold or are selling almost everything and replacing at the new place, so the move itself should be somewhat easy. I really hate the whole process.

Where are you moving to Due?

Moving sucks! I'm excited and terrified at the same time, lol. We've moved plenty of times, but after over 8 years here in Nebraska we are really depressed about leaving close friends and all the things we love here, but getting back to the family is a must. On the bright side, we have sold or are selling almost everything and replacing at the new place, so the move itself should be somewhat easy. I really hate the whole process.

You too brother! KellyBo and I have been working our arse off moving stuff to a rental shed (note: not woodshed) in our new town. We worked all weekend and will be back at it later today. We may be closing out house the same day we are suppose to be moving out to our new home so you can imagine the stress involved. We decided to move a bunch of the stuff pre closing so when the shat hits the fan we won't be scrambling around like a chicken with it's head cut off! :beat-up:

You too brother! KellyBo and I have been working our arse off moving stuff to a rental shed (note: not woodshed) in our new town. We worked all weekend and will be back at it later today. We may be closing out house the same day we are suppose to be moving out to our new home so you can imagine the stress involved. We decided to move a bunch of the stuff pre closing so when the shat hits the fan we won't be scrambling around like a chicken with it's head cut off! :beat-up:

I hear you, never an easy transition. We don't get in the new place until June 5th, but Liz starts her new job next week. So, she goes early to stay with her daughter while I take care of the move and start my job June 10th, lol. We are in flux to say the least.

I hear you, never an easy transition. We don't get in the new place until June 5th, but Liz starts her new job next week. So, she goes early to stay with her daughter while I take care of the move and start my job June 10th, lol. We are in flux to say the least.

Good luck brother and I will be thinking about ya when I'm lugging all that heavy stuff around :thumb:

Good luck brother and I will be thinking about ya when I'm lugging all that heavy stuff around :thumb:

You go easy on the lugging heavy stuff, last thing your knees need. Hire some young buck too dumb to know better, lol.

You go easy on the lugging heavy stuff, last thing your knees need. Hire some young buck too dumb to know better, lol.

Hell the knee is kinda ok now. It's the hip that is the culprit these days but no problem, you just grind on through it. We will be hiring some young strong bucks for the final really big stuff move. KellyBo and I have moved two beds, a ton of boxes, and some of the smaller furniture to date. We rented a Uhaul trailer over the weekend and hauled three loads of stuff. I will be sooooooo glad when I can set back in my rocking chair and sigh whewwwwwwww this is FINISHED!

Hell the knee is kinda ok now. It's the hip that is the culprit these days but no problem, you just grind on through it. We will be hiring some young strong bucks for the final really big stuff move. KellyBo and I have moved two beds, a ton of boxes, and some of the smaller furniture to date. We rented a Uhaul trailer over the weekend and hauled three loads of stuff. I will be sooooooo glad when I can set back in my rocking chair and sigh whewwwwwwww this is FINISHED!

Good luck, buddy. I'll be thinking of you. Enjoy the new place!

Lol I'm sorry to laugh but I'm laughing with you, been there haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back