Introducing Team THP - 2014 Morgan Cup

I do a little writing too, you just might have seen some of it.
Might need to share a link to the homepage for him... bazinga?

Just wanted to pop in here and say how much I love my teammates. Been having a tough go of it lately with my little girl being sick and some other stuff going on but these guys are always there for me, whether its a quick text or message or a phone call. These guys really are like the brothers I never had and always wanted. Sharing the Morgan Cup experience with them means more to me than words can express.

We are your number one fans Rickus.

Have got to give a shout out to my boys- Jman, DevRickus & MikeDean. Tied for the win (broken by tie breaker) at the Indy Invitational today and took him the win!

#TeamTHP coming in to form quite nice.

Well done, gents.

agreed, those fellas represented Team THP very well today. They should be proud.

Big props to those three. They have been working their arses off and it shows. Bravo fellas, bravo.

Have got to give a shout out to my boys- Jman, DevRickus & MikeDean. Tied for the win (broken by tie breaker) at the Indy Invitational today and took him the win!

#TeamTHP coming in to form quite nice.

Well done, gents.

Excellent work!

I have a brother, that I am very close to and very proud of. We are very different in age and personality but I love him with all my heart and there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. You guys don't know him but trust me he's a cool dude.

I also have 7 friends that I call my brothers. We are different on so many levels but share a common bond. They all differ in age, professions and reading skills. They all check their egos at the door or maybe they carry them proud, it makes no difference to me. I except these guys for who and what they are.

My Captain Ryan Hawk, I've gotten to know him over these months and my perception has changed. It was never bad, always good. But his leadership has raised the bar for me with him.

Dean is the silent one of the bunch. A dedicated hub and and friend. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and is loyal to a fault.

Cookie is the scream'n vegan and so much more. I've know this guys since the first MC. The forum was a different place he he rose above it and has stayed strong. I've been through a few spots with this man and have nothing but respect for him.

Jman hit the forum for me like a maniac with a knack for story telling in his reviews. I am a get to the point type of guy. James has made me appreciate the small details in life through his reviews. The guy is an open book to his friends and I appreciate that. You always know hwre you stand with him.

MikeDean I met two years ago in Atlanta and we have been fast friends ever since. The guy is as level headed as they come. He chutts from the rough and I'm ok with that (finally). He lived through the shanks and constant ribbing by myself and JB. He commuted, moved and held it down on THP. You can thank him for the great events we all love so much.

Ricky is the newb to team THP but it doesn't even feel close to that. The guy has redifined discipline in the dictionary. Lost over 130 lbs, dripped his handicap in major way but also learn how to play golf along the way. He loves his family as a good Italian man should and is a new home owner. I'm proud of this guy, more than I think he knows.

Ryan Johs my Puerto Rican brother from Alabama. I love this guy and I hope he knows it. We have shared some great moments over the last three years and I'm sure we share a sh!t ton more. Our schedules haven't allowed for a great deal of hang out time but we never miss a beat when we do. This guy just gets it done and is my boy.

These are my brothers on team THP. These are the guys I will attempt to secure the MC with. These are the guys that keep it going so the rest can enjoy this place. This is your team, the team the reps the forum you love so much. We may not be your favorite team but we are the team.

I'd fall short if I didn't show respect to my man Jake and the angry Mod, Smallville. Dan will get live from me after the MC but he too is part of team THP. And you know what we are an extension of JB and GG, we are all here for you. I love this family and all it's quirks, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

That's my Pandaman. Love ya brother.

Wouldn't change a thing Freddiebear. You all have done me very proud throughout this whole journey and I'll come out of this better than I was in many ways, all thanks to you fellas.

Introducing Team THP - 2014 Morgan Cup

Great Effin post Freddie. I haven't met one of those guys or you yet , but I can feel you nailed it with each one.

Last edited:
There are a whole lot of awesome dudes on team THP. I'm still planning on you guys losing, but you're all top notch guys, and I can't say a bad word about any of you.

The Panda with an epic post.

Love ya bro.

My man Freddie with a way with words like always!

Was just down at my parents and speaking of you (yes, they remember you).

Before anything else we are brothers both before and after this incredible event upcoming, but we move forward with a hop in our step and a single goal in mind.

It's coming....and soon. We WILL be ready. Hope the other teams are for their sake.

Wouldn't change a thing Freddiebear. You all have done me very proud throughout this whole journey and I'll come out of this better than I was in many ways, all thanks to you fellas.

Do you know my college sweet heart, that's what she called me

Great post, Tad!

I would say that I loved that post. But I prefer to be silent about it hehe

Something you talked about though, there are guys who checked their ego at the door and throughout the process I learned more about you guys that I didn't know before. Been a great journey.

Thanks Freddie. Love you brother.

Freddie....huge props for keeping it real bro!

Man freddie you have such an awesome way with words. The bond that this team has is something that cannot be duplicated and it had been an honor being apart of this amazing team.

The Morgan Cup brings out the competitive spirit in us all, that is for sure.. But going through this journey with these guys, the THP Staff, my brothers has been something unlike any other. I've leaned on these guys through some tough transitional times I have had, and they always build me back up when I feel I am breaking down. They have encouraged, they have lifted me up, they have been there when I needed them to, but more than all of that, they gave tough love when I needed it. When things werent going the way I wanted them to, or things werent 100% rosey, I got a shot in the gut that I needed to sack it up and get it done.

There is no denying that these guys are my brothers. Through thick and thin. We share a bond that can not be describer in words. We are on the same page, and have a goal in our sites, and at the end of the day, we are there for one another.

Thanks boys, for doing what you do.

Winding down this amazing journey and I figured I'd make a long sappy post that few will read lol. Needs to be said though.

I'm am filled with pride for this team on a daily basis it seems. It's not always something put on the forum either, but whether it's a commitment to practice, getting out of a comfort zone, playing well, being a good father/spouse, a representative of this great company, or whatever - you all have made me beam with pride more than you'll ever know. Thanks for that. It's been an extremely rewarding experience to observe and be a part of your personal growth over this stretch of months. Something I'll always find personal satisfaction with. It's not always been easy, but it's been an experience I wouldn't trade for a second.

It's been a unique ride for us at times, right or wrong. I knew that it would be that way coming in. I knew we'd probably not be a fan favorite and looked at a little differently, and that's not always easy, but I accepted that. Sometimes we let it get to us and embraced the stereotype in ways that weren't exactly the best, but that's just the way things work and a day in another person's shoes will always tell the whole story. I am deeply thankful to see how well you've all come together as a team given the challenges presented to you. It was something I missed the last time around and it was my second overall goal as a captain, so having all of you unite like you have does make me smile. There have been times where things weren't perfect, but above all I wanted to make sure that we dealt with things head on like men do. I've said a few times to each of you that we can't change who we are, but we can accept and enjoy each other for who we are. We succeeded there and came out better for it.

Thank you for all that you've done my friends. I only hope that I gave you everything you wanted out of this experience - or at least close to it.

To the other participants -

I do think it's important to say that although we may come from a slightly different place than most the other 32 participants, we are certainly no different than all of you. Some of us may seem larger than life, or maybe you don't see eye to eye with every one of us, but that's the way the world works. The truth is we're just hacks trying to balance our lives, the forum, and our games like everybody else. We're not the Yankees. We're not whatever evil sports team that comes to mind. We are just Team THP. Cut from the same cloth as all of you and ready to enjoy this experience with you. Like you all, we hope to and expect to win the Morgan Cup, but don't mistake that for anything other than the same feelings you have about your team's chances for success. We post a lot, we like to make jokes (even at our own expense), we like to brag sometimes, but that's who we are. I always say that I wouldn't joke with you if I didn't like you. Hopefully you all can accept us just like we accept all of you. Have a little fun with us, because that's why we are all here on a daily basis.

Once this is all over, I can tell you unequivocally that each of us will still be here, doing what we do. Posting, helping, writing, giving tips, making jokes, entertainng some, annoying others, attending events, and just enjoying THP. This place is a part of us and we're not going away. We hope you all do the same. Relish this time, remember who gave you this great opportunity in your life, and focus on all the things that make the Morgan Cup great.

When we tee it up we're looking for two things - a win and a good time. We hope that you all are doing the same, because that's what the 2014 Morgan Cup is all about. Let's come together in the spirit of some friendly competition and may the best team take home the prize.

Back