What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange day yesterday. Shot 41 on the front totally distracted by work stuff. I actually topped 3 shots. I was lucky to shoot what i did. It could have been WAY worse but i parred both par 3s and 5s.

Then shot even on second nine with 2 birdies, 2 bogies and 5 pars.

Kept playing and was 1 over for 14 more holes.

Moral of the day: Get out of my own head and just play.

Shot a 85 today 36 putts.

Little bit of a setback round today.

I played with a couple friends on a course at the lake. Beautiful track, but the greens were pretty crunchy and dried out. Crazy fast, and wouldn't hold much.

I ended up with an 80 (Par 70). 39 freaking putts. Four three-putts. One one putt. 13 two-putts. Just a really frustrating day on the greens. I can't remember hitting so many solid putts that not only didn't drop but released 3-4 feet. Just crazy.

Otherwise, it was a pretty good round. A couple loose shots, a couple mental errors. But overall pretty solid playing from tee to green.

Definitely some positive takeaways. But man that putting drove me nuts today.

Where'd you play? Somewhere on Lake Oconee?

Where'd you play? Somewhere on Lake Oconee?

Cuscowilla. It's a fantastic course, but the bent hybrid greens are fried. It's just too hot to maintain them. I think they are replacing the greens later this year.

It was an adventure on the greens today! Haven't putted that many times in a long time. I'll chalk it up to the greens though.

Cuscowilla. It's a fantastic course, but the bent hybrid greens are fried. It's just too hot to maintain them. I think they are replacing the greens later this year.

It was an adventure on the greens today! Haven't putted that many times in a long time. I'll chalk it up to the greens though.

You werent wearing your bluetooth device I bet.

We will call it 40 tonight, lol! Started 1 by hitting the pin on my chip to make a par. Then went to 2 up through 6 when I sank a birdie putt on 7 that died into the hole. 8 and 9 were just silly as we joined another 2some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played a quick 9 on the back 9 of my home course. Carded a 38 2 over. 7 pars 2 bogeys. Pretty boring round, but I'll take it all day long.

Nice work buddy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

46/42 it was a nearly perfect day for golf, except for the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95, which I am not real proud of but some very good things came out of this round. I took a lesson on Friday and I was hitting the ball about 10-12 yards further with my irons. I could not make the adjustment quick enough on the course and going long of most greens is basically jail. I just didn't get up and down like I needed to.

95, which I am not real proud of but some very good things came out of this round. I took a lesson on Friday and I was hitting the ball about 10-12 yards further with my irons. I could not make the adjustment quick enough on the course and going long of most greens is basically jail. I just didn't get up and down like I needed to.

I know the feeling, and when get those distances dialed in, it all clicks buddy!!

I tend to learn alot more from a bad round than a good one. We are all working on improving and it's all part of the process. Just keep grinding and you will be where you want in July.

I know the feeling, and when get those distances dialed in, it all clicks buddy!!

Scorecard just looks like it grabbed somebody else's by mistake. Most of my misses off the tee were dead pulls to the left when I had been missing right. The irons were dead straight and perfect flight but a club or more longer than I have ever seen. Never been so happy about a score like that.

So many good things can come out of a round like that. With as much work as you've put in this year, you are gonna be a tough but to crack in Myrtle.

So many good things can come out of a round like that. With as much work as you've put in this year, you are gonna be a tough but to crack in Myrtle.

I am really looking forward to it and I do feel better prepared than ever before. Something clicked at my lesson just like it did Sunday before my final round which led to some of the best golf I have ever played. My index is going to look awful but that is ok. #sandbagging

Yesterday I had my best round of the year so far - shot a 38/38-76 (4 over) with 2 doubles and 4 birdies. The swing change I started last fall and better course management have really started to take effect. I can see par or better on the horizon!

Ugh game is struggling right now. Shot. 52/51
103. Played from the blues. Struggled off the tee

Using Tapatalk

My game started in terrible shape this year to start - I found not keeping score and just moving around the course did wonders for dialing myself in, since I wasn't trying so hard to break the arbitrary number of 100. It'll get better!

Mixed bag today with more bad than good, didn't hit one decent tee shot all day and everything else was hot and cold.

Abandoned coming up the 18th due to weather, there was a river across the 18th green running on to the fairway.

The good - two pars and a birdie (or nett eagle as I'll be referring to it :D ), five single putts (31 putts thru 17), new wedge techniques from lesson shows a lot of potential, a number of decent approaches, scrambled a few holes despite poor tee shots.

The bad - stableford event but failed to score on 6 holes, had 30 points across 12 holes but even net bogeys on the other 6 would have given me good score, net par would have been 42 points. Was a 12 in there which was the result of 4 topped shots, an unplayable and two thinned wedges - oooops.

2014-05-25%20card.png

I had the same problem yesterday. So many longer iron approaches that I just killed over greens with little chance to get up and down from there. Hopefully the distance stays once I make the adjustments for it...

I had the same problem yesterday. So many longer iron approaches that I just killed over greens with little chance to get up and down from there. Hopefully the distance stays once I make the adjustments for it...

That is my hope as well. I just couldn't make the adjustment yesterday. I felt like if I took less club I would be 20 yards short of the green. Then bam 15 yards over. The subtle changes had me hitting the ball with much better contact. Just need to put in the reps to try and activate that muscle memory.

+5 for a 76 with two penalties.

That is my hope as well. I just couldn't make the adjustment yesterday. I felt like if I took less club I would be 20 yards short of the green. Then bam 15 yards over. The subtle changes had me hitting the ball with much better contact. Just need to put in the reps to try and activate that muscle memory.

You guys need to use ya range finders properly :alien:

It was an adventure on the greens today
! Haven't putted that many times in a long time. I'll chalk it up to the greens though.
That was a good round at Cuscowilla Seth. Those greens are always an adventure, I always say each green has two elephants buried under them. Some kind of fun if you are out of position on them.

Had an 87 with 44 putts. I had 12 GIR but about 2/3 of them resulted in 40 feet plus birdie putts. This was also the first round that I have tried a reverse grip with my putter. The putting felt good but I had lots of bad reads and distance control issues on some of the long putts. All in all I was pleased for the first round of the year despite that many putts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back