The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been riding my bike again every night. It's taken a bit to get myself into a groove to do it each night, but it feels good to do it. I'm pretty happy about how I'm doing with it so far. Sometimes, it's the little things.

Keep at it dude!

Keep at it dude!
Thanks buddy. I was doing good last year, but let things at work get me down and out of my routine. I'm focused and determined to be in the best shape I can be, and bring the best game I can for the Gauntlet, so I'm really trying to work hard at doing better again.

I'm brand new to baseball coaching (ok, coaching in general) but we've got such a great bunch of kids that I think I'm being spoiled right from the get-go. Last night one of our pitchers had a meltdown on the mound, his dad's been away all week on business and wasn't able to make it back for the game, and baseball is this little guy's *thing* with his dad. He was upset and we had to take turns going out to the mound to help talk him through things. He pitched the last 2 innings and every kid on the team (we have all 7 and 8 year olds in a league that goes from 8-10) kept giving him support, cheering him on, fist bumps, you name it. Let me tell you, when he struck out the last batter and the kids had a solid win he must've jumped 10 feet in the air and the whole team pigpiled on him to help him celebrate. I was so proud of all those kids and just have this huge smile right now typing this up.

Heading up to Lane Creek to get in a round with my buddy Ole Gray, hopefully KellyBo will be up to making an appearance today too.

Heading up to Lane Creek to get in a round with my buddy Ole Gray, hopefully KellyBo will be up to making an appearance today too.

Looking forward to it buddy! KellyBo may be staying home to meet a contractor who is remodeling our bathroom. Maybe she can break away but not sure at this point.

Sometimes being a mechanic really has it's benefits and today is one of those days!

5 year anniversary today! 5 years, one great woman, two great kids, and more awesome to come.

This place!
The people, I cannot say enough.

Thank you.

#ResetButtonHit

Just got a call for an interview at a local course. Now that the school year is ending I want to find something to stay busy. I'm sure the pay isn't much and I'm not sure if employees have free/discounted golfing perks, but I'm still excited.

Question, is proper attire golf slacks and a golf polo for the interview?

Yep, slacks and polo should be perfect. Good luck!

Good luck! Which course?

For sure Tim. Dress for the job! Slacks and a polo sound perfect.

Thanks! Countryside in Mundelein

You close to there? We need to get together for a round some time. I'm ~20 minutes from there, in Ingleside.

You close to there? We need to get together for a round some time. I'm ~20 minutes from there, in Ingleside.

Yup about 15 minutes. I'm at 53 and lake cook rd in palatine. Let's plan something I'll shoot you a PM. I am busy the next couple weekends but we will get together

Yup about 15 minutes. I'm at 53 and lake cook rd in palatine. Let's plan something I'll shoot you a PM. I am busy the next couple weekends but we will get together

Yeah I'm always pretty busy, which makes it hard to plan things. But we got a decent grouping around here, should be able to get together some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back