The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG and Holy Crud, I just had a potentially horrifying thought.
I interviewed for a government DoD job while I was in Indy last week.
IF I get it, I hope I can accrue some leave time by Sept 4th.
#$&&#!!!!!

(not a rant yet...trying to stay calm)

If you get it, just let them know you have a previous commitment. As golfinFF said, you'll accrue 4 hours of annual leave every PP, plus most government facilities offer compressed work schedules (CWS) with working 8 nine hour days and 1 eight hour day and every 10th day off being the most common (some places have 4 ten hour days and every 5th day off). If you are allowed to work a compressed schedule you can always ask if they'll let you work your day off for Comp Time in lieu of overtime. Not everywhere will allow it, but never hurts to ask.

Good luck and hope you get it.

OMG and Holy Crud, I just had a potentially horrifying thought.
I interviewed for a government DoD job while I was in Indy last week.
IF I get it, I hope I can accrue some leave time by Sept 4th.
#$&&#!!!!!

(not a rant yet...trying to stay calm)

Wait.. who will put my adapters on if you leave? (Seriously, good luck!)

Good luck T0AD! We'll miss ya buddy however you got to keep the food on the table and job security is high priority.

If you win an awesome prize, and it is slightly damaged when you get it, but still functional, is it a jerk move to contact each company associated with the contest to see if you can get a replacement?

Sometimes you need a good friend to talk some sense into you.
Thanks Dev. I needed that.

Good luck T0AD! We'll miss ya buddy however you got to keep the food on the table and job security is high priority.

Wait.. who will put my adapters on if you leave? (Seriously, good luck!)

Whoa, whoa, where do you think I'm going? I'm certainly not moving back to Indy! It's beautiful and all, but it snows there. The job is just on the base here, no biggie.

Started a second part time job to expedite paying off some debt because I'm stupid and racked up a lot of debt.

Won't leave much time for golf this year, but will be worth it, especially if it means possibly being able to join some THP events next year.

Good for you man, very impressive of you taking responsibility and putting in the work. Hope it goes well and you make it to an event next year. Nothing like it.

Sometimes you need a good friend to talk some sense into you.
Thanks Dev. I needed that.

Ricky is good people. It's a fact.

Saw some absolutely amazing things today. Blew my mind. Game changer for my company.

Sounds exactly like Chad after a Callaway sales meeting !!

Good for you guys. It's always nice to see your company moving forward.

the earliest I've ever had to be at school is my last day of it... what kind of logic is that..

the earliest I've ever had to be at school is my last day of it... what kind of logic is that..

Getting you prepared for the workforce!

Being somewhere by 6:30 does!

ehh. they're tempting us with food.. that's the only reason most people will come at all.. whatever workplace offers breakfast every morning, that isn't at a restaurant or fast food place, I would definitely get there at 6:30 for food every morning (if it's good food)

Yesterday I was in a pretty rough spot. Struggling to get motivated and without motivation, creativity dies. So does the want to get organized, get structured and prepare for some rather large things. I got a PM from someone that I responded to with some rants, knowing that person as a friend would understand the change in message.

They understood the rant. They helped me understand that I needed to move past it. Thanks to that person. I wont embarrass them, but their name rhymes with Schmev Dick Mus. So thank you SchmevDickMus for listening.

Well done Ripus

This is for MikeDean441. Because I am a nice guy and I know he forgot the words.

mother effer

Effing John Denver.

Is it just me or does the guy who knocks on the window look like a longer haired MikeDean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back