The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Lessons are what have truly made the difference for me I wish just wish I would have started taking them ages ago. I am on my way to another one as we speak

Sorry missed this until now.

I agree 100%. I took one about 3 weeks ago and it did amazing things for me right away. Still have to work to ingrain the change. Bit at least I know what I should be practicing now instead of just "hitting balls"

With just over a month to go, you still have time for even more progress. You should be very excited about seeing the results at the MC

Last edited:
I haven't been scoring great as of late, but at the same time I think I'm on the edge of a great round. My game is in a better place than it has been in the past. Just need a round where I put all the part together. Going to switch it up and play a different course this weekend.

I feel good at the moment about my game, I'm playing better golf than ever in my life, and to be able to share the event with so many THP'ers will only make it even better. It's going to be some spectacular golf during that weekend.

Do you guys feel that the work you have put in is beginning to be over and it's time for a mental phase or do you keep going back the range hitting buckets just until the event?

I'll keep practicing and taking lessons until the event. Not planning on changes, but making sure bad habits don't creep in and reinforce the work I've done to this point.

As for a mental phase, I don't really know. In a perfect world I'd go out there and knock down some great scores in the weeks prior to the event, but playing once a week means I only have a handful of chances left for that. I'm just going to be confident that I've done enough and go play golf in MB. Nothing much else I can do.

I need to get in at least one more lesson before the event. Need to get back to striking my irons cleanly, and I just can't do it on my own. Just a question of finding a spare Saturday. If not, that's alright. Just go out, play my game, keep it in play. I know that I've made some incredible strides in my game, but I wish I was feeling a bit more "sprint to the finish!" and a bit less "Almost out of time!"

Golf, as it turns out, is not something you can cram for.

Not done working. Another swing lesson this week then probably 2 short game lessons and 1 more final tuneup all while hitting the range a few times a week.
Will play once a week for next few weeks then twice the final week of.
The last thing I want to do is be complacent

From now until Myrtle, I am going to keep doing what I have been doing. I prepped this way last year and like how my game travelled, so, theres that. My rounds will be similar to what I did last year, in being that I was out on the course tuning my game. Challenging myself to play different shots off the tee, if the course is clear I will put myself in a situation that I need to work on, etc.

It's go time.

I feel good at the moment about my game, I'm playing better golf than ever in my life, and to be able to share the event with so many THP'ers will only make it even better. It's going to be some spectacular golf during that weekend.

Do you guys feel that the work you have put in is beginning to be over and it's time for a mental phase or do you keep going back the range hitting buckets just until the event?

I have moved into a phase where I am practicing less and playing more. The daily grind so to speak is over for me and now I am just making some small refinements and working with my instructor to make sure I am ready to go come Morgan Cup Sunday.

Im more in the fine tuning stage, just making sure things arent reverting back to old form. I have a tune up lesson in a couple of weeks, its going to be more of maximizing strengths and minimizing weaknesses, maybe I'll convince my pro to play a quick nine and talk some course management with him. No swing changes, I feel like it's tough to make drastic changes one month out, but if he notices something with my grip or stance, ball position, etc that can be changed, thats something minor that can make a difference.

Still planning on taking a lesson or two and to keep working in general. I feel confident with a less or two to sharpen things up, I'll be in good shape for Myrtle. My game's in a better place than it was last year. I have the confidence that I can go low, which is something I haven't had before, but I'm not as consistent as I would like. I need to be able to bring it when my I don't have my best stuff.

I have moved into a phase where I am practicing less and playing more. The daily grind so to speak is over for me and now I am just making some small refinements and working with my instructor to make sure I am ready to go come Morgan Cup Sunday.
I like that idea Captain Beard, sounds like a combination for success!

Love reading this Cap!

Fine tuning for me. I was telling MichiganSlice tonight the only place I need work is working on my putting. I was happy with how I drove the ball as I only missed 2 fairways through 16 tonight. A few family vacations and then it's off to MB!

Ball in the hole dude. Ball in the hole. That is my game plan.

Still planning on taking a lesson or two and to keep working in general. I feel confident with a less or two to sharpen things up, I'll be in good shape for Myrtle. My game's in a better place than it was last year. I have the confidence that I can go low, which is something I haven't had before, but I'm not as consistent as I would like. I need to be able to bring it when my I don't have my best stuff.

Feeling the same really. I'm a bit disappointed I haven't hit the mark I made for myself, but confidence is up and I know the shots are there. I'm sure you and Nate are going to be a challenge for anyone on the opposite side.

I will rest on July 28th. Nothing changes for me. I don't see a reason to let up.

Last edited:
Keep up the hard work guys. Ready to see you all in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm grinding until the Monday before the event. I will likely take off Tuesday and Wednesday and then get it all started Thursday morning.

I'm not satisfied with where I am currently. I know it's not good enough to reach my goals.

But I'm going to keep getting a club in my hands and keep doing work. I'll be ready to go when the bell rings.

I'll be working on something right up to and including the practice rounds at Myrtle. Why would I stop? The pros work every day and even on days when they play. I've lost too much time due to surgeries and injuries already

Some days it seems there are more steps backwards than forwards. Keeping my eyes forward and the glass half full is difficult at times, but having great support makes the journey a better learning experience. I will be ready for the final exam.

Some days it seems there are more steps backwards than forwards. Keeping my eyes forward and the glass half full is difficult at times, but having great support makes the journey a better learning experience. I will be ready for the final exam.

Ya know, It is nice to have bounce backs, it lets you know you are a fighter and are resilient. Had one of my worst golf days Saturday followed by a decent and a great day the last two days. There is a lot to be learned from mistakes, I know that I find new areas to improve all the time. There is a lot to be learned in the grind even though it sucks when your knee deep in it.

Exactly how I feel dude. Good days, off days, but all working toward the ultimate goal.

My work won't stop, not until Sunday night, July 27th.

You'll be ready partner. Of this I have no doubt.

#DoWorkDotCom

We all have them brother. This journey is a lot like a testifying roller coaster ride that is thrilling at the same time

If every hole at TB and Caledonia was a severe dogleg left I would break hearts all day long. I owe it to my team, the competitors, and THP to figure this garbage out.

Back