The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Not scared of anything. Excited to see my friends and teammates. I wish we had more time to spend together and to play more golf (always). Other than that, I think the event will be perfect.

Not scared about anything, Im happy with how Ive prepared and gotten myself ready, it's just a matter of going out and having fun, hanging with lots of cool dudes and putting on a great show for the sponsors and THP. So excited that July is here

For the most part, many of these answers are quite similar. What a great time this is going to be! Cannot wait to see you all!

JM

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? Scared, Im not scared. I am ready to get down there for a amazing time and ready to hit BOMBS off the tee and DROP some great putts.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? Probably more range time and lot more time on the green. Really working hard on the putter with practicing half an hour everyday.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? The way I am preparing myself is by playing positive out on the course and not getting pissed off. Tons of Optimism for OPTI-Coers1.0......

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? Talked with my teammates, and just sit back and stay positive. Keep all the negativity out of me.

I have a couple questions:

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? As of right now I'm not scared of anything, that may change on the first tee but I'll deal with it when and if it shows up

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? I think I'm good, I've worked hard to be where I am and am happy with everything.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? This is a good question but one I can't answer until I get in a match, I try not to imagine or project how I'll handle a situation on the course until it shows up or happens. I have to take everything one shot at a time

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? I don't get too stressed anymore, golf is one of those games that lays teaches us something new when we're playing and I look forward to the next lesson it has to offer lol.

I'll be anxious, but not scared. If someone is shooting at me, different. A 5ft putt? Priorities here..

I just went through and caught up once again, I envy each and every one of you, the work you guys put in, the way you've all been there for each other.

I have a couple questions:

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears?.

To be completely honest CJ, there isn't a whole lot I am scared of. I've worked my tail of for this and prepared myself for the moments ahead. I've always been the go to guy on the baseball team. Always the guy in the clutch. I suppose I'd be afraid of not getting that pressure moment. Not getting the moment to thrive and prove myself.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing?

More lessons. I've had 4 and still have 2 more lesson available in the six pack I bought. I'll probably get at least 2 of the 3 lessons I have left in before the cup. Mostly focusing on short game and course management.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match?

Playing twice a week in 9 hole leagues that are match play. I had a match I was down in all match and ended up battling back and birdied the final hole to salvage a push. One of the best feelings I've had in a long long time. If I'm in control I'm just going to continue to play my game and keep within myself.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days?

Grab a quick small snack for some fuel and HYDRATE. HYDRATE some more and focus on game planning with my partner Troutster if he can put up with me that much over the weekend lol.

Thanks!

Again, you all are freaking rock stars I am enjoying the heck out of this thread, I cant imagine how glued I will be to your updates!

My answers are in bold above.

I'll be anxious, but not scared. If someone is shooting at me, different. A 5ft putt? Priorities here..

I agree, anxious is probably the better word to describe my feelings. Honestly, once I get on course, I see those hoping away more than getting worse.

Thanks everyone for your time to answer. I cant imagine the level of excitement you have!
It will be here before you know it, and having never experienced anything to this magnitude in the game, I really appreciate the insight into your thoughts.

I wish everyone the very best of luck, play well, and in good health. This is going to be amazing!

Thanks everyone for your time to answer. I cant imagine the level of excitement you have!
It will be here before you know it, and having never experienced anything to this magnitude in the game, I really appreciate the insight into your thoughts.

I wish everyone the very best of luck, play well, and in good health. This is going to be amazing!

Haven't had a chance to sit down at a computer and answer your questions. I am not ignoring it. Will get it done shortly. Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm.

You guys have put a tremendous amount of time and thought into The Morgan Cup. You've probably spent a large percentage of every waking moment since finding out you were in thinking about prep, clubs, matches and so forth. Now my question is have any of you gone beyond waking moments? Who has been dreaming (while sleeping) about the MC? What was your dream?

You guys have put a tremendous amount of time and thought into The Morgan Cup. You've probably spent a large percentage of every waking moment since finding out you were in thinking about prep, clubs, matches and so forth. Now my question is have any of you gone beyond waking moments? Who has been dreaming (while sleeping) about the MC? What was your dream?
I day dream quite a bit about the mc but no actual dreams about it

I daydream quite a bit as well about it. I mentally think of different shots on each course during my rounds here. I'm ready to stop daydreaming and get down to business though! Thanks for always being a great supporter Barry.

I had a dream about getting picked before I actually got picked, but nothing about the event. I think because the event is still so unknown to me, my brain doesn't even know what to dream about. It does consume most of my waking thoughts though.

Barry, let me tell you something, when the contests were going on, I was dreaming of the #THPMC, and I STILL have the occasional dream about it.
I know this was directed to the participants, but seeing as how you asked, I wonder if people who are not in the event ever have this dream.

I haven't yet.....will be interesting to see if I do over the next 3 weeks.

My dreams usually consist of playing some great golf with my friends kinda boring I know

I've definitely had dreams about it too CJ. I've actually had dreams of shooting the action on camera as well as separate dreams of putting out on the 18th. All very vivid and all making me wake with a smile. One dream will come true for me in a few weeks!! The other, I truly hope comes true in the future if the MC returns for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No MC dreams for a while, I did have a fee before but for the last weeks, no golf dreams at all.

I know this was directed to the participants, but seeing as how you asked, I wonder if people who are not in the event ever have this dream.

I have and it hurt not to be able to put in for the open spot here recently. OC was my test to see if my work had paid off and my scores and play said it did. I didn't work as hard in the last 6months as I would have if I had been in the MC but I'm definitely capable of shooting the scores to be there.

My dream of being in the MC may not have came to fruition but the drive to play better golf because of the MC is still there.

To those who are coming down to their final drive keep it fun, keep it light. Working hard is fantastic but not at the cost of loosing the fun, joy and friendship this game and the MC has and will continue to give you for life.

Barry, I don't spend too much time thinking about the weekend like I did last year. I did the week after 1st round match ups came out but that faded fast after a few days. I haven't had any dreams either.

The event was so unique last year and didn't match my pre-event expectations. It went above and beyond so I expect this year will meet or exceed my memories from last year.

To be perfectly honest I've thought more about last year and the time I had. It was a great weekend!

Barry, I don't spend too much time thinking about the weekend like I did last year. I did the week after 1st round match ups came out but that faded fast after a few days. I haven't had any dreams either.

The event was so unique last year and didn't match my pre-event expectations. It went above and beyond so I expect this year will meet or exceed my memories from last year.

To be perfectly honest I've thought more about last year and the time I had. It was a great weekend!

It was an amazing weekend! Much like this will be!

I did have a dream that ATLGolfer was playing in the group behind me in his underwear. Does that count?

Other than that, it's been about playing good golf and pushing my opponents to play hard each hole.

I did have a dream the other night which was the first one I have had since selected. It was in singles play and I was playing Freddie. I hit a ball in the water and reached in my bag and had no balls and had to forfeit my match..... Will make sure I have a few extra sleeves to prevent this

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I did have a dream that ATLGolfer was playing in the group behind me in his underwear. Does that count?

Other than that, it's been about playing good golf and pushing my opponents to play hard each hole.

That's just weird...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back