The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 degrees C today. 18 holes. Good times, good weather, good friends.

Yes, stupid metric system lol.

Thats why my thermostat at home is in Fahrenheit

After a frustrating evening after midnight trying to book our Fast Pass for my daughter when we go to Disney in September, I woke up at 6:30 to call up and yell at someone. I checked first and it was finally working. Booked all of the Fast Pass stuff for her. She is going to be so excited to see Anna and Elsa. She is literally dancing around the living room saying, "I'm going Disney"

What a great summer this has been and it's only getting started. Have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've been able to spend with my family this year.

36 in yesterday, 36 today, all with wife's blessing. (Free playing as a guest probably the reason)

But I'll take it!

Had a great Birthday, GF soon to be wife, bought me a MXM-V #9 for my birthday. Went to breakfast, 18 holes, dinner, couple drinks at the corner bar. Great 52nd birthday.

I've had a great weekend with my beautiful wife. We have had an amazing first year together. I couldn't be more thankful for her.

Found out this weekend that the woman I truly love, with all of my heart, whom I haven’t seen for six months because we split up after last Christmas, whom I thought I could get over and just couldn’t, feels the exact same way. I thought this whole year was going to be a total wash, but it’s looking better all the time now.
Now I can listen to this song again with joy instead of extreme sadness.

e2ynehy5.jpg

Man cave coming together at the new house

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Daughter got her IB scores back today. Fantastic pay off for her 4 hard years of high school in the International Baccalaureate program. She earned 24 credit hours from her test scores and will start college just 6 hours short of being a sophomore. Puts her in great position to graduate in 3 to 3.5 years.

I hope you all will allow a moment of personal indulgence. Certainly not worthy of a new thread, so I’ll just make it my HHJJ of the day.

This is my post number 10,000…a number that I never imagined that I would ever reach when I signed up for THP over five years ago. I know this is a bit cliché, but I want to use this post primarily to express some gratitude.

Thank you to Josh and Morgan for having the vision and follow through to not only create a place that I spend time every single day, but also for continuing to improve and innovate the way you all do, never being afraid to admit when something didn’t go as planned, and using those opportunities to adapt and improve. More importantly, thank you both for being my friends.

Thank you to the THP staff for spending so much of your personal time either testing and writing content or moderating the forum to ensure that the tone is kept mostly civilized and usually family friendly. As much as I love THP, I can’t imagine the time you all dedicate to these somewhat thankless tasks. You all are awesome.

Thank you to all the club companies and various manufacturers that have supported what has gone on here over the years. Whether it is seeing the value in sending in your product for a staff or user review, sponsoring an event, opening the doors to THP visitors, opening your vaults for events like the Morgan Cup, donating prizes for contests, or merely coming into the forum to take questions from us and supplying us direct answers, thank you for understanding what we are about and providing us access that we couldn’t get anywhere else.

Last, but in no way least, thank you to all my fellow forum members. Even with all the support I mentioned above, THP would not be what it is without the time you all spend here with me discussing all the “important” topics we discuss. I often think of us as a giant online fraternity, which only gets closer together as we meet at events. There are so many folks I have met through THP that I would have never had the fortune to know had it not been for our mutual love of the game of golf bringing us together here. Thank you all for being who you are.

This forum has given me so many cool opportunities, playing courses I would have never imagined, meeting people across the world who I would have never known existed, having access to people at golf companies who I would have never dreamed would talk to a mere consumer, and just having the best experience every single day. Everyone reading this is a part of that.

After a frustrating evening after midnight trying to book our Fast Pass for my daughter when we go to Disney in September, I woke up at 6:30 to call up and yell at someone. I checked first and it was finally working. Booked all of the Fast Pass stuff for her. She is going to be so excited to see Anna and Elsa. She is literally dancing around the living room saying, "I'm going Disney"
We (my wife and I) went to Disney with my niece for her third birthday. It was quite the experience. When she finally got to meet Bella, she threw her arms around her and said "I love you so much!" Then when she met Ariel, after greeting her the first thing she said was "Where's Flounder?"

Disney certainly knows how to bring the magic, and while the wife and I thought three years of age was a bit young, we were entirely wrong on that point. Kids of all ages love that place and it's IMO worth the price of admission. Enjoy your stay!

Great post Donnie. So very well said.

Nice post Donne :) We're lucky to have you here.

Getting fit for clubs today! First time in 3 years, I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

Have fun Amol. Going to make a purchase or sit on the info for awhile?

Have fun Amol. Going to make a purchase or sit on the info for awhile?

Probably depends on the prices quoted and the performance differences that I see between my current stuff and what I get fitted for. The driver and hybrids are probably getting the boot from my bag soon though.

Nice. Looking forward to the recap.

I heart Donne!

Donne is the man...plain and simple

I hope you have a great time today Amol and find that magic stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back