The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Two weeks from today I'll be packing. Can't wait!!

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Two weeks from today I'll be packing. Can't wait!!

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4
Wait you dont have your suitcase packed already. .. oops.

Wait you dont have your suitcase packed already. .. oops.

No....my wife keeps taking it for her travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work schedule allowed me to run through another 36 holes today in the heat of the day. Got up to 99 heat index and I felt it the last 4 holes quite a bit. I did a good job of staying hydrated, and I feel like I will be ready for the mental and physical challenge of 36 holes in the heat. Will probably have the chance to do a few more 36 hole days in prep including some THP'ers coming to DFW this Saturday. I have dropped the Diet sodas during the round and going with water and Nuun tablets (I add Mio flavor as well) and this is helping a ton! Have not had the heat cramps like last summer.

I keep a two week view of my calendar on the desktop of my computer, and today was the first day MC stuff showed up on there. I was grinning ear to ear. It's going to be such a great time, and I can't wait to get down there.

I sign out on leave a week from today, and after that, the home stretch really begins. 18+ holes a day, plus range work, to tighten down the last few screws in my game. Past couple of times I've made it to the course, my swing has been feeling easier. I feel...well, as ready as I'm going to feel, I think.

Man, Myrtle is going to be fun. I've been telling myself that for months, but now that we're getting close, that's becoming a pervading thought. The hard work is going to pay off, and it's just going to be a good time and some tough competition.

I truly cannot wait to see you all. Every single one of you.

Even Dean.

2 weeks from today I'll be off work getting ready to leave. Will play in league that night and then pack everything I need in my travel bag. The following day, I'll be at the airport at 5:30 (for a 7:00 flight, don't want to #CoersIt), and getting ready for a weekend that will leave me exhausted but in the best possible way.

Wish you guys would stop talking about where you'll be two weeks from now, when I'm still trying to focus on now. Okay, two weeks from now I'll be relaxing after spending the afternoon getting used to True Blue's greens. There might be a Shandy or two involved, especially if Seth is nearby?

15 days from right now I'll be drinking scotch convincing most of you that I could hit a hooded 4 iron through the open door of the bar, knocking that pelican of the post.

11 days, hop on a plane for Charlotte. 3-4 rounds around Myrtle Beach, then Wednesday morning first practice round!!

Crazy how fast and furious this is coming up.

REALLY fast man! REALLY FAST.

JM

I truly cannot wait to see you all. Every single one of you.

Even Dean.

You better be excited or else you have no way to get from CHS.

I swear.....7 months ago this event seemed so far away. A month ago it still seemed so far away.

Yet, here we are merely counting down 2 weekends to go between now and the ULTIMATE AMATEUR GOLF EXPERIENCE.

Absolutely.Effin.Unreal.

54 holes with the local crew for me this weekend and on a flight 2 weeks from THIS moment. I get chills just typing that. I'm ready....are YOU?

I swear.....7 months ago this event seemed so far away. A month ago it still seemed so far away.

Yet, here we are merely counting down 2 weekends to go between now and the ULTIMATE AMATEUR GOLF EXPERIENCE.

Absolutely.Effin.Unreal.

54 holes with the local crew for me this weekend and on a flight 2 weeks from THIS moment. I get chills just typing that. I'm ready....are YOU?

I was just thinking about this on the drive in. The next two weeks will have me playing golf with friends & being a part of the biggest golf event if my life. It really hasn't sunk in & I suspect it will hit me when the plane lands in MB.

In two weeks from now, I'll be waiting for one of my layovers... I'll probably be on tapatalk, reading this thread.

In two weeks from now, I'll be waiting for one of my layovers... I'll probably be on tapatalk, reading this thread.

Or posting on this thread about how you wished your layover was shorter :act-up:

Boys hit them long and straight this week. When I get back, I have 5 days till I go to meet Johnny Mojo to drive in. Can't wait to tee it up with you boys!

I am trying to contain my excitement, once I start going with it the ADHD kicks in and I'm like a frog in a blender lol, I can't slow it down.

I am trying to contain my excitement, once I start going with it the ADHD kicks in and I'm like a frog in a blender lol, I can't slow it down.

Just made me belly laugh in the airport!

jessiespano-1.gif

We have 14 clubs coming to each of us. Which do you look forward to gaming the most?

This will be my first year on THP following along in this epic event. 8 months ago I had no clue that the Morgan cup even existed. Now I get to follow along first hand and watch people I've talked to on here and met in person.

The first time I read about the MC and what it was about I was in disbelief. Who runs this website and how the hell do they pull off such an event? Then I read the criteria and immediately wanted to improve. Now y'all are stuck with me, I've moved in and am claiming residency.

In two short weeks THP is LITERALLY going to make dreams come true. I can wait to be part of the journey and cheer you all on through the eyes of the volunteers and participants.

We have 14 clubs coming to each of us. Which do you look forward to gaming the most?
My new 7i followed by the driver and a wedge

Back