The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's weather was brutally hot and humid. At one point, I went inside and fell asleep sitting in a chair for 45min. Best nap ever.

Hit about 8 buckets, trying to keep my head from moving all around the place. Failed something miserable on some, hit it well on others

Had a pretty solid range session today where I was hitting nearly every club well, but I tried playing through some holes in my mind and all of a sudden I lost it for a bit. Chunked 2 straight with my 910F despite striping about 10 balls in a row with it while I was just practicing shot shapes. Amazing what the brain will do when you introduce a little pressure... :banghead: I really think learning to get past that pressure is what will bring my game to the next level, because I have all the shots on the range.

Sidenote though, I'm really excited to try out my CB3's when they get here this coming week. A couple of thinned 5 irons where I really paid for it with bad results and some definite vibrations through the grip showed me what I'm missing in GI irons.

My range time is pretty much dried up until The Morgan Cup, I start a new job tomorrow and I'll be strapped for time. I will say that I worked pretty hard this spring and early summer but playing yesterday I saw no fruit from my labor. I'll try to get some chipping and putting time in but I'm pretty disappointed right now.

My range time is pretty much dried up until The Morgan Cup, I start a new job tomorrow and I'll be strapped for time. I will say that I worked pretty hard this spring and early summer but playing yesterday I saw no fruit from my labor. I'll try to get some chipping and putting time in but I'm pretty disappointed right now.

Marc, I have no doubts you'll be in great shape! Head up, no regrets!

What a really nice range session this morning. I only hit a handful of drivers and they were lasers. From there I worked on mid irons, which were mostly well struck though I was putting a decent draw on the ball at times. Then I worked on scoring game, hitting one full iron shot followed by a partial shot to a target. I probably finished the last third of the bucket in this manner.

Went out for a good bit of range time, focusing on driver and consistency with my swing, irons (specifically long irons) and wedge game.

Continued success with the SLDR 14* makes me happy. Being able to play this with confidence is something that I need. The last few months with this one has been a complete turn around from where I was to start.

Long irons have never been my thing, but some more practice with them has me finding better results with them. My short irons continue to be exactly what I need them to be. Really looking forward to moving to a set of irons without heavy mid launching shafts in them.

Wedges, well...what was once my strongest point if my game, seems to be snapping back in to form. I rely on a 54* for so many different shots, and finding that comfort and reliability with my wedges again has me excited.

I've never been much if a range rat, but the last few months spending more time On the range has led to some pretty impressive results.

I love it Ryan, I also LOVE hearing you feel the short game coming around. Great work my friend.

Im done too Marc. Maybe a coup,e of small buckets this week if the rain holds off, but no golf until MB. This weekend had some good in it, but not what I wanted it to be as the last weekend of golf before leaving. I have accepted that this weekend does not define my prep and I am as ready as I could have been. It is going to be an epic finale to an epic journey at The Ultimate Golf Event......PERIOD.

It's time buddy........

JM

No range tonight thanks to mother nature. Likely getting out tomorrow night or Wednesday morning....or both!

Back at it tomorrow. Iron work and more short game. Also the 80 to 90 yard shot was off today so will work on that tomorrow as well.

Practiced full shots till the WC started. Stopped to eat lunch and watch that, then did short game work till about 6:45.

Life has slowed down.

Time for some swings in the yard!

After doing a bunch of things around the house I got out the range around 5 PM. Hit a medium bucket to keep the swing going then worked on the shirt game until 7:30. With rain in the forecast until Thursday I had to get it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After doing a bunch of things around the house I got out the range around 5 PM. Hit a medium bucket to keep the swing going then worked on the shirt game until 7:30. With rain in the forecast until Thursday I had to get it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on you for getting it in. I wasn't able to get out today (wife wasn't comfortable with leaving the house empty all day with the roofers here, so guess who got stuck here while she and the kids took off) and it's looking like I'll have zero range time until next weekend at the earliest. Time for some indoor mirror swings and putting distance work.

Made it out to the range today and the goal tonight was getting that driver to back to working. Seems like my driver is amazing for a week then it's slice city. At my lesson last Thursday my instructor told me that I was getting infront of the ball, not releasing enough, and to much weight forward causing me to slice it. Well we worked on that and could tell it was coming back to awesome drives. Well tonight got two large buckets and just grind away and got it to back working. Going to be back at it tommorow with Bhilln at the range and play nine holes hopefully.

Solid range session tonight. Really working on the feel of staying behind the ball and letting my wrists work. Not a whole lot to report. Most contact was really solid and most ball flight was really straight. Swing's feeling good.

Solid range session tonight. Since my last time there, I have been trying to keep my wrists out of the swing before impact. Out of the 2 buckets I only hit 4 shots I was not pleased with. Ball striking was really improved, all clubs were solid. After I spent time chipping amd pitching with all my wedges, different lies and angles. Very impressed. Lastly I spent time putting from various distances, solid as always. I feel good about my game, seeing good improvment lately.

Just walked in the door from traveling back from Florida only to depart tomorrow evening for work. I have a session at the range in 6 hours to work on short game. #lastweek

Ain't no rest for the wicked. Back grinding after being sick for a few days. Short game practice during lunch. Tried some new things that really have me excited. Sucks when time runs out and you have to go back to work!

Back to the grind after a weekend away, spent some time after work on short game, short game, short game. Feeling more and more comfortable with using that simple putting style stroke...the less moving parts the better. Afterwards putted for a while. Glad I am getting out in this humidity before next week in MB.

I really wish I had a little more time to practice. The only golf in my weekends right now is when I take my 2yo over to a little field by the house and chip around little plastic golf balls with him. Hoping to get him over to a putting green in the next few months. Right now he just doesn't show too much interest and I am not going to try and force it on him.

Played a fool around nine holes in Wisco yesterday with my boy. Hit the ball better than expected for taking as much time off as I had. A short drill session tonight. Feeling pretty loose and stress free about the game right now. It is what it will be. One last lesson tomorrow night, mostly to say I used them all before the event. Going to try to do some more drill sessions over the next week. Just to keep myself moving and my tempo rolling. Need to hit a putting green a couple nights as well. Playing a tougher course over the weekend mostly b/c the greens will be similar to the Fish Club greens.

Practiced at the range today with Maddog for about 3 hours or so. Really good range session and everything is starting to really peak. All aspects of my game are looking very very strong!

We got out the course yesterday for some on course practice as well. Hit some shots I don't typically see just to get a feel for them. Played some alternate shot for a few holes and we were both looking great!

yza5emy8.jpg

a7e2usas.jpg

ysagatej.jpg

zevymegy.jpg

ary2u9um.jpg

Leaving tomorrow, but will get another 6hrs worth of work before leaving.

amu3ede7.jpg

I made a mess over several days haha

Leaving tomorrow, but will get another 6hrs worth of work before leaving.

amu3ede7.jpg

I made a mess over several days haha

They're going to have to bring in a pallet of sod to make that right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back