The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I don't want to hit anything else but those clubs JB and GG are sorting through. I would leave my gamers now at home if I wasn't playing everyday next week.

Packing starts tonight.

Already started packing today, hehe, figured I'd get most of it out of the way. Taking my backup set of irons as they are closer to the right lie angle for me. Packing things into my golf bag and I'm feeling butterflies of excitement in my stomach.

I don't want to hit anything else but those clubs JB and GG are sorting through. I would leave my gamers now at home if I wasn't playing everyday next week.

Packing starts tonight.

Already started packing today, hehe, figured I'd get most of it out of the way. Taking my backup set of irons as they are closer to the right lie angle for me. Packing things into my golf bag and I'm feeling butterflies of excitement in my stomach.

That was one of the things I had thought about when the change was announced for this year that you guys don't get to use the new clubs but for 9 holes and a range session on Friday. One of the things I enjoyed most about my time last year was talking about the different clubs before I ordered them, then ordering them and waiting, then once I got them taking them out to a course I really knew and could compare versus my existing set. It also allowed me to talk with the different people about Bridgestone as a club manufacturer vs. just a ball manufacturer. Having the time to get used to the clubs was tremendous and getting to play practice rounds with them at True Blue and Caledonia was a nice bonus as well. It will be interesting to see who can adjust the fastest and make their new clubs perform best. I am certain with the group of golfers involved that should not be a big challenge for any of them. I do not know what I would of done if such a rule was in place last year; trying to fly with two golf bags full of clubs and luggage would be a daunting challenge for sure.

Regardless of what clubs u get and if u have or haven't had to try them before you still have to make golf swings. I think the adjustment period people have mentioned before is completely blown out of proportion and #internetgolfing at its finest. A day at the range and 9 holes will be plenty

That was one of the things I had thought about when the change was announced for this year that you guys don't get to use the new clubs but for 9 holes and a range session on Friday. One of the things I enjoyed most about my time last year was talking about the different clubs before I ordered them, then ordering them and waiting, then once I got them taking them out to a course I really knew and could compare versus my existing set. It also allowed me to talk with the different people about Bridgestone as a club manufacturer vs. just a ball manufacturer. Having the time to get used to the clubs was tremendous and getting to play practice rounds with them at True Blue and Caledonia was a nice bonus as well. It will be interesting to see who can adjust the fastest and make their new clubs perform best. I am certain with the group of golfers involved that should not be a big challenge for any of them. I do not know what I would of done if such a rule was in place last year; trying to fly with two golf bags full of clubs and luggage would be a daunting challenge for sure.

The flip side to the changes is that it really allowed us to fully focus on the process of improving our general game so that adjusting to our clubs would not be a big deal. Completely understand the desire to talk equipment (and there will be quite some time to do so after the event too) but focusing on my personal journey has helped me on and off of the course.

Plenty of equipment talk throughout since orders came later. The entire change has been a MUCH more positive experience for the community and frankly this event, as has been mentioned many times previously, is nothing like any prior.

The past is just that, history and it was a wonderful history, but the dawn of a new day is here and that is the freaking 2014 Morgan Cup, the final chapter in this epic series. The changes were made, have worked out exactly as planned and are bringing new life in the final stages. The journeys have been awesome and the people involved made a real effort to become the best they could be.

THis is the Ultimate Golf Event Period and as the curtain closes, these 40 golfers are going to put on a show unlike anybody has ever seen. They have embraced it, they have enjoyed it and its time for the reward of a lifetime.

The flip side to the changes is that it really allowed us to fully focus on the process of improving our general game so that adjusting to our clubs would not be a big deal. Completely understand the desire to talk equipment (and there will be quite some time to do so after the event too) but focusing on my personal journey has helped me on and off of the course.

No doubt, this is a great event and 40 journeys to get there make is that much more special.

And what a show it will be. Hope everyone brings plenty of sunscreen and popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of equipment talk throughout since orders came later. The entire change has been a MUCH more positive experience for the community and frankly this event, as has been mentioned many times previously, is nothing like any prior.

The past is just that, history and it was a wonderful history, but the dawn of a new day is here and that is the freaking 2014 Morgan Cup, the final chapter in this epic series. The changes were made, have worked out exactly as planned and are bringing new life in the final stages. The journeys have been awesome and the people involved made a real effort to become the best they could be.

THis is the Ultimate Golf Event Period and as the curtain closes, these 40 golfers are going to put on a show unlike anybody has ever seen. They have embraced it, they have enjoyed it and its time for the reward of a lifetime.

I agree. A lot of speculation about what we would get fitted for, trying out a lot of new gear, trying to get as dialed in add possible meant going a bit more into the fitting process. I know I would not have gotten the fitting I got if I had said to myself I'd figure it out on the course.

While that bag is mostly full of sticks I haven't hit yet aside from my fitting, I am very confident that bag will suit me well, and I can't think of hitting other clubs afterwards.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

I have such a peace about my game right now. I have a sense of calm about what is about to occur in a week.

I'm excited for all the newbs in this event. I'm excited for the forum because we are going to put on a show like no other. I'm excited for the vets that get to compete in this fine event for the last time. I'm excited for JB and GG because this hair brain idea will rock once again, to many's chagrin.

We get to play the best gear from the best sponsors in the game. We get to play two of the nations top course. Sport some of the best threads and steps. And match games with some fine people. We are a blessed bunch and I'm excited!

Another quick annoucement.

We have covered this one before but want to say it again. You will/must play the 14 clubs that you receive on staff sponsor day. There will be no "I hit mine better so I want to change" or "I have the same club so nobody will notice" kind of thing happening.

If it is found out that this takes place your matches will be forfeited. This rule is black and white.

Don't worry, JB. That won't be an issue for #TeamCallaway :)

200.gif

So is everyone excited or what? #THPMC

I would say I'm pretty excited. A living room wall lined with staff bags may have something to help fuel that fire

Snl-so-freakin-excited.gif

Don't worry, JB. That won't be an issue for #TeamCallaway :)

I can't wait to replace my 14 2013 Callaway clubs with 14 2014 Callaway clubs. Really can't thank Chad enough for all that Callaway is doing for us staffers.

Two more days of work before driving over on Wednesday. Not sure I've ever wanted a weekend to end as quickly as I do this one.

Regardless of what clubs u get and if u have or haven't had to try them before you still have to make golf swings. I think the adjustment period people have mentioned before is completely blown out of proportion and #internetgolfing at its finest. A day at the range and 9 holes will be plenty

Most of us would be adjusted by just picking up a club.

Last round of golf played before the Cup next week. Felt really good and not much more I could have done to get where I'm at now. Coming in confident but I know that all changes when JB calls the first group to the tee box Saturday morning. Can not wait for that feeling again!! Pure energy rush!

I'm cracking up over here. Well done Chad & fupresti.

Omg weather talk....nooooo

For JB.

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

Even Ron Swanson gets excited for the Morgan Cup.

Back