The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Yep, it's here! This time next Sunday we will be going mano a mano with the cup on the line. This is going to be a ridiculously good time.

My flight is in the morning 24hrs away and to say I'm excited is an understatement

I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised to see people arriving (Outside of castor) 4 days or 5 days early.

I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised to see people arriving (Outside of castor) 4 days or 5 days early.

Well I am flying into Memphis tomorrow which takes all day to get to Memphis and then driving down with my Partner JohnnyMojo so he doesnt have to do the 12 hr drive by himself. So I really am not there till late tuesday night.

Newb excitement?

Freddie and I were talking at work on Friday that we have already checked out of work. Can't keep concentration on anything other than the Morgan Cup. We would leave tomorrow if we could. Going to be a FANTASTIC weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddie and I were talking at work on Friday that we have already checked out of work. Can't keep concentration on anything other than the Morgan Cup. We would leave tomorrow if we could. Going to be a FANTASTIC weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to work monday or tuesday forget about it. Mentally checked out agreed!

If I had to work monday or tuesday forget about it. Mentally checked out agreed!

It's an art form. And a requirement, unfortunately.

See you guys soon.

I've been sitting here all morning trying to figure out how I can leave tomorrow instead of Tuesday morning. Sadly, it looks like I'll just have to wait until Tuesday. See y'all soon.

Hard to believe that this long journey has reached these last few days. Got to make it through two more days of work before I'm headed that way.

Safe travels gentlemen, can't wait to see old friends (not a birthday dig at you JB) and make new ones.

Wife wanted me to have a few days to relax, kid less.

Wife wanted me to have a few days to relax, kid less.
Me and tyno did that with our families last year. We were just talking about how much fun that was. Was a great way to relax and unwind before all the fun started

I'm spending a few days with my parents before heading down to Myrtle Beach. Proving good for my mind and body to get a couple of days off, not to mention adjusting to the humidity.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm spending a few days with my parents before heading down to Myrtle Beach. Proving good for my mind and body to get a couple of days off, not to mention adjusting to the humidity.

I might as well be the bearer of bad news for you friend. You never adjust to the humidity. You just learn to tolerate it a little more. When it's high enough that you're sweating through the glove and can't really get your hands dry, there's nothing you can do there really.

Sitting here watching the open and dreaming about next Sunday and our singles matches. Thinking WOW we will have this treatment and coverage of our round. My wife is signing up for THP so she can follow along as she already follows on Social Media(have a feeling there will be a lot of that). I am excited but sad at the same time I love the feeling I have right now and dont want this to end.

I might as well be the bearer of bad news for you friend. You never adjust to the humidity. You just learn to tolerate it a little more. When it's high enough that you're sweating through the glove and can't really get your hands dry, there's nothing you can do there really.

Truth.

Oh, I know it. Grew up here in Virginia, but life in Arizona has made some adjustments necessary.

Yep. being from Arizona, some think the monsoon season is "high humidity". It's not. I will take 110* with 30% humidity all day long versus the swamp of high 80's and 90% humidity.

Oh, I know it. Grew up here in Virginia, but life in Arizona has made some adjustments necessary.

Yep. being from Arizona, some think the monsoon season is "high humidity". It's not. I will take 110* with 30% humidity all day long versus the swamp of high 80's and 90% humidity.

We'll all make it through it. I would recommend bringing an extra towel to just wipe yourself dry as best you can. Shirt sleeves can only do so much.

It's going to very much like 2012, it's been the kind of hot and humid where your dripping from taking out the trash lately and the forecast is more of the same. I went through 3 gloves in 9 holes yesterday afternoon.

It's going to very much like 2012, it's been the kind of hot and humid where your dripping from taking out the trash lately and the forecast is more of the same. I went through 3 gloves in 9 holes yesterday afternoon.

Usually two is my rotation and that's primarily during a driving range session where it stays on constantly. During the rounds, I would be very surprised if I went through more than two. I don't keep my glove on for very long before or after a shot.

Me neither, I take it off after every shot.

Just hit my last golf ball till Myrtle Beach. It's a bitter sweet feeling.

For people who tend not to play in such humid conditions, would you suggest taking gloves off between shots?

One more 9 hole round for me tomorrow for league, then that's it for me.

For people who tend not to play in such humid conditions, would you suggest taking gloves off between shots?

One more 9 hole round for me tomorrow for league, then that's it for me.

Absolutely yes. If the inside gets wet, it's very difficult to let it dry out. You'll constantly feel a slick sensation even if the outside of the glove is dry. That's no bueno.

Back