Live Update Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup Staff Sponsor Day

Sorry if I missed it here, but what's the Cleveland guys verdicts so far on all the prerelease gear?

All this gear looks off the hook. Outstanding job THP and volunteers!
Sorry for the late reply.

Amazing...awesome. ...Unreal

That is part of it

Today was a blast. Having been involved with the past two MCs here, I can say that Staff Sponsor day was leaps and bounds better than media day had been in the past.

Tomorrow, it all begins. Get ready for a wild ride, boys...

Best of luck to all the teams this weekend (and of course, an extra good luck and all the members' bounces to TeamCallaway)! As we always say here, you can't guarantee you play well, but you definitely are in charge of whether you have fun and are fun to be around!

Thanks Harry... We will do TeamCallaway proud.

Sorry if I missed it here, but what's the Cleveland guys verdicts so far on all the prerelease gear?

All this gear looks off the hook. Outstanding job THP and volunteers!

It's amazing. Flat out amazing.

This has been a simply amazing day, from the wonders of Staff Sponsor Day, to the fun on the few rainy holes, to the brothership and camaraderie of the wonderful dinner.

Callaway treated us staffers like absolute royalty. I know we hit on the clubs, bags, headcovers, and apparel, but two things I have been really surprised by are the X-Cage Vibe shoes (which were really comfortable) and the sweet Apex sunglasses with Transitions lenses in them (these were a complete surprise to all of us).

agemeny6.jpg

Have to thank Chad and Callaway Golf for treating us like rock stars. Forever a fan of that company. They just absolutely GET IT. Thank you just doesn't do it justice.

I love callaway. Wish these guys were on board when i was fortunate enough to represent them.

The volunteers have been incredibly awesome! There's a bunch of things that go in to making this event so special and so successful, the volunteers are one of the biggest parts of 5 his well oiled machine. Thank you guys for all your hard work and effort, this will be a success because of your dedication to it.

They've been amazing. And their work is priceless

This has been a simply amazing day, from the wonders of Staff Sponsor Day, to the fun on the few rainy holes, to the brothership and camaraderie of the wonderful dinner.

Callaway treated us staffers like absolute royalty. I know we hit on the clubs, bags, headcovers, and apparel, but two things I have been really surprised by are the X-Cage Vibe shoes (which were really comfortable) and the sweet Apex sunglasses with Transitions lenses in them (these were a complete surprise to all of us).

agemeny6.jpg

Love the looks of those glasses. The shoes are awesome as well.

Mr. Mojo has had a good day.

IMG_1953_zps481d7264.jpg

What a day! You Srixon fans are going to want to see these new clubs!!! Unbelievable!!!! These clubs came directly from Japan and we are the first people in 'Merica to have these clubs. What the Cleveland/Srixon guys (Keith and Alex) did to get us these clubs before the national release was above and beyond. Stay tuned for more about these revolutionary clubs.

Best of luck to all the teams this weekend (and of course, an extra good luck and all the members' bounces to TeamCallaway)! As we always say here, you can't guarantee you play well, but you definitely are in charge of whether you have fun and are fun to be around!

Don't break the rules!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, can't wait to hear more about the Srixon clubs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a day! You Srixon fans are going to want to see these new clubs!!! Unbelievable!!!! These clubs came directly from Japan and we are the first people in 'Merica to have these clubs. What the Cleveland/Srixon guys (Keith and Alex) did to get us these clubs before the national release was above and beyond. Stay tuned for more about these revolutionary clubs.

"Jealous" isn't sufficient enough to describe my current state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an absolute amazing range of emotions today. First and foremost I'm so sorry it had to be this way.... But I'm absolutely in awe that I'm actually here about to compete in the Morgan Cup! Are you kidding me???

These guys are all so excited and so anxious for this... It is so special each time you talk to another person who's going through this because everyone has a different journey here and everyone will enjoy it their way. I love everything about this event. I'm so honored to be back... I don't know if there's a video but when I bum rushed the room and it was announced I'd be playing I am not kidding you.... One of the greatest single moments of my life. What a great group of people... I love it!

Sleep well Morgan Cuppers... We got a big day tomorrow!

What an absolute amazing range of emotions today. First and foremost I'm so sorry it had to be this way.... But I'm absolutely in awe that I'm actually here about to compete in the Morgan Cup! Are you kidding me???

These guys are all so excited and so anxious for this... It is so special each time you talk to another person who's going through this because everyone has a different journey here and everyone will enjoy it their way. I love everything about this event. I'm so honored to be back... I don't know if there's a video but when I bum rushed the room and it was announced I'd be playing I am not kidding you.... One of the greatest single moments of my life. What a great group of people... I love it!

Sleep well Morgan Cuppers... We got a big day tomorrow!

It wouldn't be the same without you here, brother.

With Jakenation on board my allegiance to Team Paradise only grows stronger, go get 'em boys!

So in addition to all of the awesomeness, I must say that the volunteers were simply here's today. Part of a tour experience is having "people" that take care of things. Picture this: you have just been presented with all of the trappings on the equipment side of things. The plastic and tags are still on even. Then volunteers are everywhere you turn asking how they can help you. Water?....no problem. Need a trash can?......here you are! Scissors?......got it. How about a wet towel?.....here. Do you need me to take a picture of you and your gear?......Give me your phone and I'll do it.

Thank all of you so much for your selfless attention to detail and making every single one of us feel so special. You are the rock stars. You are all in possession of one heck of an IOU. You ALL ROCK!

JM

We're hanging out in our villa talking past Cups. Listening to Wicked Cool Bearded Man recall multiple years, and then roasting himself is absolutely hilarious.

What a great dude.

What a great thread, going to be an awesome weekend

Back