Your THP Anniversary

Neb, you're a good egg.

Congrats buddy...kind of makes you go hmmm doesn't it.

Your THP Anniversary

Fantastic post Neb.

I'm so glad you got to be part of the MC. My story about joining was very similar to yours at the same time last year.

And you are right, Kevin is World Class, some people you just know that 2 minutes after meeting them. That's Kevin.

Last edited:
Great post Ryan. It was great finally meeting you in Myrtle even though we talked every day for the last 6 months. And I'm so happy that you played your ass off and earned that Morgan Cup. You put a ton of work in leading up to the event, and it showed in spades. I consider myself lucky to have you as a good friend.

I was fortunate enough to celebrate my THP anniversary yesterday in the absolute best of places, on the patio of True Blue golf course, and I received the absolute best present I could ask for, a Morgan Cup. I came to THP last year because of the Morgan Cup; IceyShanks' wife posted about it on Facebook, and after reading into it I had to check out THP. Fast forward 1 year, and I had the tremendous honor to participate and even win the trophy, but THP has meant so much more to me over the last year than just that.

A few things stick out to me that really illustrate how special this place is. First, was a random act of kindness that I received shortly after I joined. I saw everyone talking about how nice SeeMore putters were, and I started posting about needing to try one but not having anywhere local. I get a PM from this guy I've never even talked with named T2GRN18 asking for my address. I gave it to him and shortly after a shiny new SeeMore FGP mallet shows up to my door; a $150 putter out of the blue, and he won't accept any form of payment. That incredible act of generosity from Kevin made me feel accepted into the family and helped me understand a little more about what makes this place special. It's not getting a $150 putter, it's people offering their stuff to others freely because they are nice people. I got to meet Kevin this weekend, and he's even cooler in person than he is on THP, and I'm so glad I got to shake his hand and let him know how much his gesture meant to me so many months ago. There have been other gestures like this and I don't want to sell them short, but this first one really opened my eyes to the quality of people in this community.

Another moment for me was when Hawk was doing a review of the Adams Idea set. I don't generally get too invested in review threads because I absolutely don't need an excuse to buy more stuff, and don't generally know that much about equipment, but as a long-time Adams fan, I followed this review with increased interest. I asked Hawk questions and he went out of his way to answer them. A rock star like Hawk answering the questions from a nobody like me just made me feel valued in this community. There wasn't a class system in place, but all (non-troll) opinions are valued.

Finally, I got to attend my first event in Dallas, and met a number of great people. I regret that I didn't get out of my shell more and dive deeper, but still got to see what an event was like, and that really opened my eyes about why there are the inside jokes and the close friendships. This isn't just a place with people posting anonymously, but a place where there are real people behind those screen names and real deep friendships have been formed because of this site. I've now formed many of those bonds myself now thanks to the Morgan Cup.

Long story short, this place is special, I'm incredibly honored to be here, and look forward to being a member of this community as long as you'll have me. Thanks to THP and to all of you for making this a place that people want to be.
Love you man!!!!
hame4y5e.jpg

Nicely done Ryan. It was a pleasure to meet you this week. Here's to many more anniversaries here!

I was fortunate enough to celebrate my THP anniversary yesterday in the absolute best of places, on the patio of True Blue golf course, and I received the absolute best present I could ask for, a Morgan Cup. I came to THP last year because of the Morgan Cup; IceyShanks' wife posted about it on Facebook, and after reading into it I had to check out THP. Fast forward 1 year, and I had the tremendous honor to participate and even win the trophy, but THP has meant so much more to me over the last year than just that.

A few things stick out to me that really illustrate how special this place is. First, was a random act of kindness that I received shortly after I joined. I saw everyone talking about how nice SeeMore putters were, and I started posting about needing to try one but not having anywhere local. I get a PM from this guy I've never even talked with named T2GRN18 asking for my address. I gave it to him and shortly after a shiny new SeeMore FGP mallet shows up to my door; a $150 putter out of the blue, and he won't accept any form of payment. That incredible act of generosity from Kevin made me feel accepted into the family and helped me understand a little more about what makes this place special. It's not getting a $150 putter, it's people offering their stuff to others freely because they are nice people. I got to meet Kevin this weekend, and he's even cooler in person than he is on THP, and I'm so glad I got to shake his hand and let him know how much his gesture meant to me so many months ago. There have been other gestures like this and I don't want to sell them short, but this first one really opened my eyes to the quality of people in this community.

Another moment for me was when Hawk was doing a review of the Adams Idea set. I don't generally get too invested in review threads because I absolutely don't need an excuse to buy more stuff, and don't generally know that much about equipment, but as a long-time Adams fan, I followed this review with increased interest. I asked Hawk questions and he went out of his way to answer them. A rock star like Hawk answering the questions from a nobody like me just made me feel valued in this community. There wasn't a class system in place, but all (non-troll) opinions are valued.

Finally, I got to attend my first event in Dallas, and met a number of great people. I regret that I didn't get out of my shell more and dive deeper, but still got to see what an event was like, and that really opened my eyes about why there are the inside jokes and the close friendships. This isn't just a place with people posting anonymously, but a place where there are real people behind those screen names and real deep friendships have been formed because of this site. I've now formed many of those bonds myself now thanks to the Morgan Cup.

Long story short, this place is special, I'm incredibly honored to be here, and look forward to being a member of this community as long as you'll have me. Thanks to THP and to all of you for making this a place that people want to be.
I'm so glad you found the place buddy!

Great post Ryan, what a great first anniversary here on the greatest golf forum in the entire world. Congratulations on a great year!

My 5 year THP anniversary was this month. Not too many of us "old timers" around that are still actively posting. I've met some great people at THP. And, this place is definitely a part of my daily routine.

Can't believe my one year THP anniversary is coming up. Is it strange I feel like THP has actual made time speed up? I think it's from the wishing and hoping for the next event or round to come quickly. Super glad DRP introduced me and really thankful for all the folks I've met and friendships I've formed. Just a great place!

This would be six years on the nose today! What a ride it's been.

This would be six years on the nose today! What a ride it's been.
Congrats Smalls, what an asset you have been to THP. Thank you for all that you do.

Smalls you are da man bruther! Congrats on your longevity :clapp:

For me, last week marked my 1 year mark on THP. All I can say is it was such a great decision to join, met many great members, gained valuable information. The support and friendship is unmeasurable. Cheers to many more years and friendships made.

Last edited:
For me, last week marked my 1 year mark on THP. All I can say is it was such a great decision to join, met many great members, gained valuable information. The support and friendship is measurable. Cheers to many more years and friendships made.
My one year was in September. Flies by fast!

Thanks everyone. I love it here.

My one year was in September. Flies by fast!

For sure bro, seems like we just played RTJ last week. Hoping to tee it up with you again soon Nate.

For sure bro, seems like we just played RTJ last week. Hoping to tee it up with you again soon Nate.
Indeed it does. Never thought I'd make an event in my first yeah. Pretty darn cool. Hopefully we all tee it up again before long

I have made 4 years on THP today, I would have been here about 9 months earlier but I had been a member of a different golf forum for roughly 2 years and only had about 6 posts. After my introduction thread to that site, I posted a couple of questions and received a few very smart arse answers, foolishly I thought all forums would be like that and even though I had stumbled upon THP while looking for reviews I paid the forum no attention. For some reason after seeing several great reviews on THP I decided to visit the forums and man did that change my perception of how a forum should be forever.

Thank you THP staff and all of the THP family for making this the best website in the entire world.

Back