Couples on the Cover of THP: The Magazine

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We are very excited to announce that the cover and inside interview for the summer issues of THP: The Magazine will feature Fred Couples :clapp:

This was something we had been working on for a while and we are so excited to have him on our cover. This will be a great interview. :banana:

fred-couples.jpg

Boom Boom! That is so cool I don't even know what to say. I may be his biggest fan! If I sent my old Boom Boom driver could you have him sign it, lol? How soon can I order mine, hehe.

You gotta ask him about the no socks thing. Thats so strange. Very cool, GG, looking forward to it!

Great job you guys! Looking forward to it.

We are extremely excited about this as Freddie Couples is one of my personal favorites and a huge name in the golf world. Last issue we had Jim Furyk, a top 10 player in the world who is playing great golf now. Being a new publication we were not sure what to expect, but the players and the industry have enjoyed the magazine quite a bit and we are so excited to have Freddie on board for an interview and the cover.

I am pumped! Freddy is one of my favorites of all time. What a coup for THP.

SWEET!!! I really dig his shoes and his swing.

Maybe I should have picked him for the Players.

Sweet deal. Can't wait to hear about his swing.

Place your bets on Freddie in the coming weeks!

That's.Just.Awesome. Freddie is one of my faves as well! I know some of the ladies in my office will be 'excited' when they see this issue on my desk.... (no offense Mr. Furyk)

flying right elbow freddie !!! not mentioned alot but that right elbow that comes out and up is really what lets him get back down into the slot ... not textbook at all and usually teaching professionals caution not to do but totally worth emulating even if just to sense that it feels like ... makes the swing smoother ... launches the ball higher with steeper attack ... but keeps it coming down from the inside ... smooth tempo makes it look (and feel) like hes swinging a whip ... couples swing reminds me of the adage ... swing the most flexible shaft you can control ...

Ironically he plays a ridiculously stiff shaft. We are proud to welcome Freddie to Team THP.

Edit: Freddie shaft info.

Driver = Fujikura Speeder 665X
Irons = True Temper DG X100

Last edited:
Very Cool!! Freddy seems like an awesome guy from what I've seen in interviews. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say!

what a great thing for the magazine! perhaps one of the most popular golfers in the past couple of decades. freddy appeals to all ages and all genders and is playing some wonderful golf these days.

i love the pic of him, is that gracing the cover?

We are not sure which image we will use for teh cover yet. I like that one too.

We are not sure which image we will use for teh cover yet. I like that one too.

hmm, how about having a couple of options and letting the people vote for the cover pic of boom boom? that would be good fun.

I don't know if it's a cover thing or a macho guy thing or whatever but don't these guys ever smile for sit down pictures?

Awesome!! Can't wait for the next issue to be out :)

hmm, how about having a couple of options and letting the people vote for the cover pic of boom boom? that would be good fun.

That would be cool! Great idea!

I vote for that cover pic as well!

Unfortunately that is something that the designer really likes to work with and incorporate it into the them of the magazine.

Top notch, THP. Well done.

Unfortunately that is something that the designer really likes to work with and incorporate it into the them of the magazine.

not unfortunate at all JB, i understand that completely. just throwing an opinion out there. i keep my thp magazines stashed away in a comfy little spot and i can't wait to add this one to the collection.

so, when do we get to start submitting questions to boom boom for the interview.

what a great thing for the magazine! perhaps one of the most popular golfers in the past couple of decades. freddy appeals to all ages and all genders and is playing some wonderful golf these days.

i love the pic of him, is that gracing the cover?

next time you're out at the range just for kicks swing like him and let that right elbow fly out (but you have to make sure you get decent shoulder turn too) and it's really amazing that it almost automatically drops the club onto plane on the downswing ... nearly effortless ... its why he has such a high swingspeed ... he can go at it as hard as he wants and really never worry about coming over the top per se or getting stuck behind ... only problem he ever has and will admit it (and is killer though if you do fly the elbow) is not turning the shoulders ... if there's one thing i'd tell anyone to try who's struggling with their swing it's to turn that shoulder and fly that elbow ... and it's nearly magic to see with enough repetiton ...

Back