The Power of Twitter...

buster

Reaction score
Handicap
2-5
..continued to see some interesting posts and followed one over here from twitter.. am a former Sr Exec (3x CEO) who gave it up to caddy.. don't caddie anymore but play 3-4 times a week..mostly at Salinas Country Club with the Club Pro (playing) who is a 14 time winner as a pro.. (mostly mini/Canadian tour).. occasionally work on strategy with him and others and try to keep it under 75... have been a voracious tester of equipment ..learned the game nearly 20 years ago from a former LPGA tour Pro who endured my commitment to doing things right as I took 2-3 lesson a week for three years and hit enough balls to go from absolute rank beginner to single digit in 3 years.. have been as low as 2.8 and fairly consistently shoot low 70's or 85...am really pleased with my set-up and just went to the n-dur grips to control grip pressure better... am 58 years old and feel the miles but love the sport.. feel blessed to enjoy something as much as I do Golf and think the Game's biggest problem is slow play, poor player maintenance and very poorly run equipment companies and golf courses..two rules: play it as it lays and leave the course in better shape than you found it.. we'll get along great! got lotsa great stories!! Have looped for 3 pros and many top ranked ams.. live near Pebble Beach and have toured the glorious turf hundreds of times.. would love to play Augusta and the Old Course sometime..look forward to getting to know you guys over here.. have been a tireless contributor on other forms.. mostly banging heads with the 12 index guys who waste their time with blades...:clown:

Welcome to THP.

Stories work well here and you'll have plenty of ears. Welcome to the Paradise!

Welcome to THP.

Hello, buster.

Welcome to THP, buster!

I have yet to tweet.

perhaps one of the coolest introduction ever. i can't wait to hear more from you. i'm a little lower than a 12 hcp and proudly play GI irons! enjoy your time here, it's ridiculously fun.

Welcome to THP!

The Power of Twitter...

Welcome to the board. Lookin forward to hearing more from you.

welcome aboard Buster! share the knowledge!

Thanks Guys.. Cool...well today was lousy weather for US Open Qualifying at Bayonet and I knew a lot of guys playing but was focused on two Buds (one pro and one Am) who played and braved the 20+ mph frigid winds (well for California anyway).. have not caught with the pro yet but my Am bud made it through (the only Am to do so).. we talked a lot after and he figured out real quickly on the first hole that the greens were very hard and dry and to respect par and not start pushing the issue at all... had a couple of doubles on the front trying to be aggressive and had to settle into the routine.. patience.. have watched and played with this fella for many years and he's maturing well... tough conditions make it hard on everyone and I sat by the 15th green (where Jack once walked off the course before the remodel) and watched 4 groups come through.. the smiles and frowns.. friends and coaches.. I truly love this game and all the smells and sights.. the US Open is the greatest event in golf because it is now really Open (thanks to Bethpage - Pebble is public only if you are wealthy so it doesn't count in my book) and is played on a rotation of course.. I love the qualifiers..reminds me of the Ams and q-school.. always make a point to go out to see them.. always meet someone.. find a new trick.. practice tip.. etc.. the game is really so deep..BTW: Jack would hate what they have done to this great old course.. designed by a General with a bad slice.. it had what was known as "combat corner".. starting on 11 there were a series of doglefts (the General was a lefty).. they course was designed with the help of a fella who was stationed at Ft Ord.. a very talented player named Ken Venturi who coached the general in the fine art of setting everyone up for a big bet and press at the turn..

welcome fellow twitterer.. ;)

Hello and Welcome to THP!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Back