#THPLegacy - What Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea get it out in the open and let everybody chew the fat. :thumb: I think this will draw many people in who may have felt they were not in the circle.

I think it's going to work well. Being involved in one of the high end events on this site is incredible, but every time I've been involved I've felt a sense of pride and opportunity to drive the site conversation. That is something I can see Legacy participants embracing well.

....and on top of that, I'll be the first to say that opportunities to meet my teammates at the various events pre-MC (or in this case legacy) created the best relationships. If you guys who get in want to get to know each other, try and get into an early event together!!!! What an experience.

All kidding aside, this event is about creating your legacy here on THP. JB made it abundantly clear, that this event will be different. Getting the forum involved and keeping people in the loop on the forum is very important. We want everyone to feel like they are part of the event. I think the challenges along will the way will go a long way to doing this as well. Looking forward to getting the process started and seeing who will be part of my team.
Not much I can add here...well said sir

I think it's going to work well. Being involved in one of the high end events on this site is incredible, but every time I've been involved I've felt a sense of pride and opportunity to drive the site conversation. That is something I can see Legacy participants embracing well.

....and on top of that, I'll be the first to say that opportunities to meet my teammates at the various events pre-MC (or in this case legacy) created the best relationships. If you guys who get in want to get to know each other, try and get into an early event together!!!! What an experience.

^ This. Once you meet one of those teammates, it's like meeting with a long lost family member. You find yourself having more dedication and focus to push yourself to make the forum better, plus make your game a little better too.

Chew the fat huh?! Now I want some thick apple wood smoked Bacon with just the slightest little fat stripe in it! Thanks OG!

JM

Now you got me hungry! :hungry:

One quick announcement

In years past some events had team chats, group text chats and a whole lot of other things. THPLegacy will not have that. If the goal is that and that is what you are looking for, this event is the wrong one. We have spoke to the captains and they have agreed. The event is hosted by THP and will be held on THP.

The goals of the team building should be about bringing people in and talking with them, not bringing them away and talking about them or away from them. While I know some people love those, they will hopefully not be part of this event.
Very cool to hear this, will be fun to follow along for everyone, not just those involved.

"The goals of the team building should be about bringing people in and talking with them, not bringing them away and talking about them or away from them."

Nicely said, JB.

I get the motivation. I know the Team DotCom chat is gigabytes of inside chat and joking around, but also contained a lot of things that could have made the forums much more interesting. I know DotCom didn't get a lot of attention prior to the event and maybe that could have been different if we had been a more public team.

I get the motivation. I know the Team DotCom chat is gigabytes of inside chat and joking around, but also contained a lot of things that could have made the forums much more interesting. I know DotCom didn't get a lot of attention prior to the event and maybe that could have been different if we had been a more public team.
And like many others it didn't stop at the event. Hard for a community to embrace an event when the participants don't either.

The goal here is to bring everybody together to make it about their thp legacy.

Really like the announcement this morning and the direction this event is taking. THP has a family feel to it and being all-inclusive is what families should be all about. The more the entire community can be involved in every event, the better it is for the forum IMO.

One of the many things I enjoyed about #TheKing is that even though there were two teams battling for one title, it seemed to me like we were one big family once we arrived (and somewhat before). Hotels, cars, extra rounds and room assignments were a big mesh of both teams and it really didn't matter. We all had fun (well, I did) no matter which team that person was on and it seemed like that continued throughout the event whether it was on the range, back at the resort, at dinner or at the 7-11 picking up Gatorade.

If other team events have lacked this cohesiveness and this will prevent that from happening then I am behind it 1000%!

This would be the event of the east coast in my book, I would love to be one of the ole coots, ole farts, whatever you want to call me just call me.

love the announcement and if the support for the guys playing in this is anywhere near what thegrandaddy was, everyone will feel like they are part of it.

All in all its a good idea. If the purpose is to pull the curtain back and let everyone see the inner workings of a team, this will definitely have the result.

I'm certain there's always some banter that people won't really be interested in (e.g., pants color or who is brining the chips with them), but the easy solution is for readers to just skim over those parts.

The other aspect will be how the teams will discuss strategy. Certainly the groups won't want to broadcast to the opponents how they plan on playing the event. It will just be critical for the teams to meet in person (and be really productive) when they arrive at the venue. The captains will have to be prepared as well, but the Legacy has two excellent planners who will be focused on strategy instead of their individual games. Should work well.

The other aspect will be how the teams will discuss strategy. Certainly the groups won't want to broadcast to the opponents how they plan on playing the event. It will just be critical for the teams to meet in person (and be really productive) when they arrive at the venue. The captains will have to be prepared as well, but the Legacy has two excellent planners who will be focused on strategy instead of their individual games. Should work well.

Sadly we know that 95% of all of the texts and chats had nothing to do with strategy.
We have a plan in place that should give them the best of both worlds.

Almost reads like there was a compliment in there

Then I re-read it as "there are 2 guys so awful at golf they were asked not to play"

But some good stuff in there

Then I re-read it as "there are 2 guys so awful at golf they were asked not to play"

I was talking about the other guy (depending on which one of you read my post).

Your THP legacy has planning all around it bro -- It's no surprise people will fear your abilities off the course.

Ricky, dont click on the spoiler please, it contains my strategy

Spoiler
win

Pfttt. How archaic. I'm going will postal mail.

You clicked it, you were asked to, obviously you are a captain that cannot be trusted one bit

Such trash talk, get it out there guys!

You clicked it, you were asked to, obviously you are a captain that cannot be trusted one bit
Can't have that from your captain! "Fear The 441"

Pfttt. How archaic. I'm going with postal mail.
I expect one of you captains to figure out a cypher to post coded messages in plain site to discuss strategy. Also, the only reason I know what a cypher is is because of the movie national treasure...

I expect one of you captains to figure out a cypher to post coded messages in plain site to discuss strategy. Also, the only reason I know what a cypher is is because of the movie national treasure...
What about???
cypher.jpg

I'm not smart enough to decipher any codes my Captain may use.

But I'm smart enough to know this will be one special event and that Id love to be part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back