What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a slow 9 yesterday with multiple balls.
1. Driver was playable but not good. ~240-250 off the tee which is ~20 yards short for me. Everything had a shape to it and I played out of the rough a lot, but only one OB.
2. Putting is improving but it isnt back to what it was. The seemore has a few more starts left before I excersize the team option and send him down to AAA for a while.
3. My swing was not consistent at all- and what was consistent was the bad stuff. I am going to chalk it up to being physically (and mentally) tired the past several days.

A very shady 93. This course was way, way easy. It's probably like an executive double secret junior course or something. There was one par 5, a bunch of par 4's, and a ton of par 3's. I shot like crap and still did pretty well. The only thing that was "on" for me was my driver/3 wood play. Everything else sucked. It was a nice course around the Lancaster Area. It was called the Tree Top Golf course or something. I should have done much better, but I rushed myself too often for some reason.http://www.treetopgolf.com/

Shot a 90 at what used to be a pretty nice course that has gone to the birds. It doesn't look like they have watered the fairways at all and so it is basically tufts of dead grass laid on top of clay. Won't be playing there again. Hit the irons well but couldn't get off the Tbox and my putting was atrocious with 37 putts.

Shot an 85 today (44, 41). I am very proud of my 2nd round in the 80's in the past week. I was starting to think I would never see the 80's again. However, now I want to shoot in the 70's. LOL I think my putting is the main thing holding me back. We'll never be satisfied, will we?

She really did hit the ball solid today and it could have been four or five strokes better easy.... Now me on the other hand I am stuggling like a one legged guy in a butt kicking contest. I went back to my old flat swing and make a beautiful birdie on the last hole (par 5) Driver , 5 iron, and my patent little wedge stop and shop shot......... I am going to be one of those hard core change dudes. I am willing to change the 75 - 60 yd shot but give me the 45 yd in and I can almost put it in a trash can and stop it...... I am terrified of the the mid range wedge shot. My brain is short wired........... Hmmmmmm not sure I can do it???????????? Maybe I should putt it from that distance....... :sad:
I need my swing coach JB to get this train back on the Palm Springs Express :golf:

I am working Swing Shift tomorrow, so I plan on getting out early and playing 18 b4 work....

Now where to go....:confused2:

82 today (par 71), all in all a good score for me but I really hit the ball way better than I scored. I shot a 39 on the front and a somewhat disappointing 43 on the easier back 9. I'll definitely take the score but really had a chance to shoot something real good, I didn't make anything better than bogey on each of the last 6 holes. That's the disappointing part, but as I said, good round and gorgeous weather!!

once again i didnt score my round...
teebox was my enemy... driver misbehaved badly...
4w was crisp and pure...
hybrids for some reason i was flushing them today... they went 10-15yrds farther than i normally hit them...
irons were fun except for one shank that happened to find water that wasnt even in play...
wedges went straight as an arrow but i really need to dial in feel cuz they were short and long except one i almost holed out...
didnt have any 3 putts but should have had more 1 putts... too many lipped out...

i had to take a free drop by a water hazard cuz i 5ft long black snake was guarding my ball as if it was its egg or something

91 (48/43)
teebox was pretty good except for my 5w which is usually very consistent; driver was a consistent 260-270 with two drives of 290
hybrids for good escape clubs today
irons were very good today especially on the back 9
wedges were inconsistent until the 12th hole, chipping is still a sore spot with me compared to last year
putting was good despite inconsistent contact; only one 3 putt but had four 1 putts (33 total putts)

Overall I played a C+/B- game today.....definitely would've broken 90 today if not for 2 double bogeys on 2 par 3's

91 at Mamala Bay, and thats with a few mulligans... just overall was really bad. Been struggling with just about everything lately.

Shot my career low 84 today (par 71). Shot a 41 on the shorter, but par 36 front nine...including two missed putts less than five feet. Opened the longer, but par 35 back nine with two doubles, but rebounded with four straight pars en route to a 43. Had a playable but annoying fade on the driver all day, but the irons were working well.

Forgot to say that the Z-Star Yellow was 4 over for 7 holes. I switched from my normal Srixon Trispeed after the two doubles on 10 and 11. Seven holes on one ball and not a mark on it, and I loved the visibility of the yellow color.

Shot my career low 84 today (par 71). Shot a 41 on the shorter, but par 36 front nine...including two missed putts less than five feet. Opened the longer, but par 35 back nine with two doubles, but rebounded with four straight pars en route to a 43. Had a playable but annoying fade on the driver all day, but the irons were working well.

Thats a strong round, nice going!

91 (48/43)
teebox was pretty good except for my 5w which is usually very consistent; driver was a consistent 260-270 with two drives of 290
hybrids for good escape clubs today
irons were very good today especially on the back 9
wedges were inconsistent until the 12th hole, chipping is still a sore spot with me compared to last year
putting was good despite inconsistent contact; only one 3 putt but had four 1 putts (33 total putts)

Overall I played a C+/B- game today.....definitely would've broken 90 today if not for 2 double bogeys on 2 par 3's

Bombing the driver again I see! Were you gaming the Nike VR?

Shot a 98 today... 1 birdie, 2 pars, and the rest were bogey or worse. My woods and putter were the only clubs wanting to do the work today. Short game was decent, but not great. My irons were my downfall. Probably 70% of my shots were fat because I was too agressive at swinging down at the ball. Sounds like I need a session or 2 at the range to get me figured out before I head to the course again.

Shot an 85 yesterday... 3 birdies, 3 Doubles, and Triple. Rest bogies and pars. I really really can not putt. I had 16*2 putts, a 1 putt (from 3ft), then a 3 putt. 36 putts uggh.

I was...by far the best club purchase I made this year. At least you can verify that I can poke that driver 290ish lol. It's great when you're hitting a wedge into the green with your second shot on a short to mid-range Par 4. I'm this close to adding a 56* Niblick to assist with <60yd shots that don't require a flop shot of some sort. I think that'll help that area of my game which is a weak spot right now for me.
Bombing the driver again I see! Were you gaming the Nike VR?

I was...by far the best club purchase I made this year. At least you can verify that I can poke that driver 290ish lol. It's great when you're hitting a wedge into the green with your second shot on a short to mid-range Par 4. I'm this close to adding a 56* Niblick to assist with <60yd shots that don't require a flop shot of some sort. I think that'll help that area of my game which is a weak spot right now for me.

uncle daddy loves his new 56 niblick. the 75 yard and in has always been his nemesis and he's gotten so much confidence with that thing now. it's a true testament to how well the niblick works. i've played 100's of rounds with dad, and to finally see him be able to chip/pitch with confidence is great!

I shot an absolutely brutal 85 yesterday. Rating 73.1, slope 123. 5 doubles, 6 singles, a birdie, and six pars. Absolutely brutal. Going from greens that putt like carpet, to greens that put like concrete, I really need to do something before i play again.

Because I have been playing so bad Me and 3 buddies have been playing a texas scramble format, we start ourselves at +4 teeing off of the first hole and see if we can work our way back to even par at the end of 9 holes. Using texas scramble format.

Yesterday we just missed it and finished with +1.

Because I have been playing so bad Me and 3 buddies have been playing a texas scramble format, we start ourselves at +4 teeing off of the first hole and see if we can work our way back to even par at the end of 9 holes. Using texas scramble format.

Yesterday we just missed it and finished with +1.

that sounds like a great idea... lately i havent been scoring(trying to get that mental block outta my system)... im going to try this with a few of my buddies instead of playing a bunch of non scoring practice rounds

that sounds like a great idea... lately i havent been scoring(trying to get that mental block outta my system)... im going to try this with a few of my buddies instead of playing a bunch of non scoring practice rounds

Its great Russ, the main thing for me is its a confidence booster, if your buddies mess up a shot and its up to you to come in the clutch and pull it off, you get a huge satisfcation on your game and a big confidence boost.

Its great Russ, the main thing for me is its a confidence booster, if your buddies mess up a shot and its up to you to come in the clutch and pull it off, you get a huge satisfcation on your game and a big confidence boost.

this is exactly what i need then... thanks for the idea

Played "Pine Forest" in Summerville, SC this morning.

After starting double double thanks to driving woes, I locked the driver up and finished out the round with my 3-wood off the tee. Ended with a 79, with 9 straight pars. Not too shabby without the big stick!!

Shot an 89 today. It rained hard this morning but cleared by noon so I jumped in the cart after work for a quick 18 holes. I had a 42 on the front and then a 47 on the back. I hit a lot of chunky muddy shots...ugghh. Our greens needed to be cut and were wet so I left too many putts short.

Re: What did you shoot today?

Played Arizona Grand Resort. We are on a mini staycation. Shot 96. Played with my bro. 51 on the front 45 on the back. Sank a 30 footer from the fringe. Lol. Too bad it was for par. Will play again tomorrow with my other brother. Love hittin the course with my family. It was a tough course too. Lost 3 balls on my first 2 holes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back