The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks buddy, but I have one word for you...

Annabelle.

The rest, while infuriating and enraging, doesn't matter. I know you know that, but it's true. That little girl makes it all better dudeski.

I know man and I love our little family. But its just frustrating and somehow I always end up being the bad guy with them. Its like my mother and sister are best friends and I am on the outside looking in. It just sucks for Anabelle. I dont even care about me.

I know man and I love our little family. But its just frustrating and somehow I always end up being the bad guy with them. Its like my mother and sister are best friends and I am on the outside looking in. It just sucks for Anabelle. I dont even care about me.

It's their loss dude, not hers. That's an awesome little girl.

It's their loss dude, not hers. That's an awesome little girl.

I know that but she loves my nephew so much and never gets to see him because they are always going places with him and never invite her. Its just frustrating. I mean how sad is it that her babysitter is more of a reason for us to stay around than her own family?

I know that but she loves my nephew so much and never gets to see him because they are always going places with him and never invite her. Its just frustrating. I mean how sad is it that her babysitter is more of a reason for us to stay around than her own family?

I hear ya dude. I'm just repping my Monty Python life thought, always look on the bright side of life

2b89ab615484a176a00aa97a4948993f.jpg

I understand what your saying though dude, it's lame, it really is.

That's tough Ricky. I've been in a similar situation with people who I thought were close friends. We would find out things were being done or trips being taken without an invite. I know it's not the same, but these were friends I considered family so it hurt & disappointed the same.

We just realized that our family is all we need. It's a tough way to go about things, but saves the disappointment & hurt. Like James said, you have your wife & that beautiful little girl. Anytime you want to get away and spend time with people who care, you have an entire community here that would gladly welcome you.

(Texas winter >NJ winter )

Just got a text from my sister inviting us tomorrow. I politely said no, we made other plans and got a nasty message back. Shocking! I am the bad guy yet again.

Just got a text from my sister inviting us tomorrow. I politely said no, we made other plans and got a nasty message back. Shocking! I am the bad guy yet again.

You're so mean. You meany head.

You're so mean. You meany head.

I know right. "No thanks. I assumed you guys had plans because we didnt hear from you so we made alternate plans. I am sure Lorenzo (my nephew) will enjoy that" I mean could I be more of a jerk??

She must be reading this thread

Take this as me in NO way saying you are wrong.
But your rant was about them thinking about you and inviting you.
They did so. Saying no thank you to them might look like an insult and not wanting to be involved.

Family is hard, because everybody is emotional. THe good news is they did exactly what you wanted them to do which was ask.

Take this as me in NO way saying you are wrong.
But your rant was about them thinking about you and inviting you.
They did so. Saying no thank you to them might look like an insult and not wanting to be involved.

Family is hard, because everybody is emotional. THe good news is they did exactly what you wanted them to do which was ask.

I was talking to my father about it this morning and he called them and asked why we werent invited. Magically I get a text message 10 minutes later. I am doing everything I can to not start a big fight going into the new year. I would have preferred to tell her how I really felt but went with the nice approach.

I know right. "No thanks. I assumed you guys had plans because we didnt hear from you so we made alternate plans. I am sure Lorenzo (my nephew) will enjoy that" I mean could I be more of a jerk??
You're not a jerk, it's frustrating to deal with people who knee-jerk react to everything.

With that said, if your daughter really loves hanging out with your nephew maybe you can send the following text to your sister:

Listen, I'll talk to the wife tonight and see if we can get out of our plans so the kids can hang out tomorrow. It sounds like they'll have a good time.

Then if you can swing it, do it. If not, no biggie but at least you tried. When certain family can be real winners, it often takes the maturer party to step in and make the sacrifices. It doesn't make it fun, nor fair, but if it breaks the cycle of a-holishness and your daughter and nephew are allowed to build a strong family relationship because of your efforts, I'd say it'd be worth it.

Sorry Ricky. You would think with all that Annabelle has been through, her grandmother and aunt would want to shower her with love.

It's a shame as the old saying goes, we can't choose our family.

Wishing you and family nothing but health and happiness in 2015.

Found out about some things that went down at the office last week while I was out for a few days. Starting to feel like it's definitely time for me to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stinks dude, 2015 is a new year, start it off the way you'll benefit the most.

I dont know if its the holidays or what but I am just down in the dumps. Tired of my family never thinking about me and my wife and daughter. Always making plans and going places and never even think to invite us. They made plans for New Years and never invited us. This past Saturday it was in the 60's, they decided to go to NYC and see the tree and Rockafeller Center, never invited us. My mother and sister are planning a trip to Disney to bring my nephew in January, no invite. Just really tired of it and all the excuses and then when I say something about it, I am the bad guy because they are so busy and I dont know what they go through..blah blah blah. The sad fact is that my daughters babysitter is more of a reason why we are still here over my parents and sister. We could live anywhere and just have them face time her and it would be the same. When we do see them my daughter wants nothing to do with them and I hear the snide remarks they make under their breath to each other. Mind you we do live a whole 20 minutes away....

Sometimes family just leaves more questions than answers buddy, I feel for you .

Sorry to hear about the family drama, Ricky. It's tough when the effort seems to be a one way street, especially when there are kids involved. Hopefully it gets better.

Sorry to hear about the family drama, Ricky. It's tough when the effort seems to be a one way street, especially when there are kids involved. Hopefully it gets better.

Could I make more of an effort? Probably but I am just tired of being the only one who tries. Especially around the holidays.

Been to the docs this morning about my back and have got some extra strength painkillers as I have got a slipped disc, so gonna have to take it easy

Good luck with your back.

I LOVE extra strength painkillers!

Could I make more of an effort? Probably but I am just tired of being the only one who tries. Especially around the holidays.

I totally get it. Eventually you stop wanting to make an effort because you realize you're the only one that is. The situation breeds indifference. Hopefully they would come around once they realized it.

My wife's computer is infected with some kind of virus.
Time to go hunting.

Hey Ricky...

Florida is nice. Not only is it nice, its not a communist haven. Its arms are open.

Been to the docs this morning about my back and have got some extra strength painkillers as I have got a slipped disc, so gonna have to take it easy

Feel free to send a couple of those in the mail. I seemed to have done the same thing this morning or pinched a nerve in my back. Either way, AHHHHH

I dont know if its the holidays or what but I am just down in the dumps. Tired of my family never thinking about me and my wife and daughter. Always making plans and going places and never even think to invite us. They made plans for New Years and never invited us. This past Saturday it was in the 60's, they decided to go to NYC and see the tree and Rockafeller Center, never invited us. My mother and sister are planning a trip to Disney to bring my nephew in January, no invite. Just really tired of it and all the excuses and then when I say something about it, I am the bad guy because they are so busy and I dont know what they go through..blah blah blah. The sad fact is that my daughters babysitter is more of a reason why we are still here over my parents and sister. We could live anywhere and just have them face time her and it would be the same. When we do see them my daughter wants nothing to do with them and I hear the snide remarks they make under their breath to each other. Mind you we do live a whole 20 minutes away....

That's just wrong, Dev. If there's anything you need, let me know. I'm just a short drive away. Let's try to get out for a brew this weekend.

That sux Ricky but I know what you mean. Not so much with my parents but pretty much my dads whole family is that way with my dad as well as me and my siblings. Hang in there and let's hope 2015 is a better year

The battery on my Pilot just died. It tested as good about two weeks ago at the dealership. Argh. Oh well, at least I've got AAA to come give me a jump.

The battery on my Pilot just died. It tested as good about two weeks ago at the dealership. Argh. Oh well, at least I've got AAA to come give me a jump.

Put an interstate mtp in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back