The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on twitter and laughed. Didn't realize Ole Gray was covering Basketball now. Funny thing I know Patrick Stevens very well. When I see him next I'm going to ask him if he had OG's permission to use that

There really is no safe place anymore in this world:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/shooting-brigham-womens-hospital-boston/story?id=28348752

A doctor was shot today at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, authorities said. The suspect entered the hospital asking for this doctor by name, Boston Police Commissioner William Evans said at a news conference at the hospital. Police received a 911 call at 11:07 a.m. that a doctor had been shot on the second floor. Hospital president Dr. Betsy Nable said they would not be providing further details about this doctor. Police soon found a man matching the suspect's description dead in an examining room.

"They found who we believe to be the suspect inside an examining room with what appeared to be at this time clearly a self-inflicted gunshot wound," Evans said.

The shooting occurred in the Carl J. and Ruth Shapiro Cardiovascular Center on the second floor, authorities said. The Boston Police department tweeted that the "situation [is] under control," and that the gun has been recovered.

"There has been a shooting in the Shapiro building, and the suspect has been apprehended," the hospital said in a statement earlier today. "The Shapiro building is no longer in lockdown. More information will be shared as it becomes available."

What the hell? He shot the doctor he asked for, then shot himself? What on Earth?

Wow, sometimes you just wonder what goes on in people's small little brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing good in this entire incident is that they were already in a hospital so the doctor could get immediate medical attention. Still a horrific tragedy, but we can only hope that the doctor will make it due to the fact that he was already in a hospital. So sad.

The only thing good in this entire incident is that they were already in a hospital so the doctor could get immediate medical attention. Still a horrific tragedy, but we can only hope that the doctor will make it due to the fact that he was already in a hospital. So sad.

Holy Crap, that's 10 minutes from my house! Brigham and Women's is a top hospital around here. Very scary indeed. What is the world coming too.

Eff this world sometimes.

This world gets scarier every day, people are going nuts!

On another note, why is it so important to judge what clubs others either like or play, I'll never understand the theory behind it nor the waste of energy that goes into judging someone elses gear.

On another note, why is it so important to judge what clubs others either like or play, I'll never understand the theory behind it nor the waste of energy that goes into judging someone elses gear.

Preach brother!

Smile and wave!

JM

That's because your gear sucks. Whatever it may be. hahaha

Apparently the doctor had treated the shooters mother recently. But there hasn't been any official statement on notice on the local news that I've seen. Nuts.

Does anyone have experience with armadillos? I saw one in my front yard last night when I was letting the dogs out before bed, and I woke up this morning to a completely wrecked yard. This thing destroyed my front yard, it actually looks worse than the tire tracks left from the forklift on the side yard.

Does anyone have experience with armadillos? I saw one in my front yard last night when I was letting the dogs out before bed, and I woke up this morning to a completely wrecked yard. This thing destroyed my front yard, it actually looks worse than the tire tracks left from the forklift on the side yard.

Yes ma'am we have plenty around here. You need to get rid of it anyway you can. He probably won't be back in your yard for a while now that he has already gone through it but set a trap, shoot it , call animal control or a pest service whatever it takes. They will destroy your yard as you can tell.

Check this out Morgan, should give you a few options to consider: http://www.247wildlife.com/armadillotrap.htm

And that sucks....I'm sorry to hear after everything with the backyard.

I'm no help to you Morgan, we just shoot them here. They're pests and yard demolition machines.

Shoot it. Best way to deal with it & you send a message to the other Armadillos that you mean business

Seriously get that thing caught bc the damage they can do is brutal.

Kill with the fury from fence-gate inside you!
We just realized we have moles, so.....

Well, I definitely can't shoot it because we are not gun people. Nothing against guns, but we do work and live together, it's not a good idea for us to have a firearm in the house haha.

I read some home remedies about spraying your yard with cayenne pepper. That little bastard really did a number on our yard, it's nothing but overturned grass and dirt now. I back up to a preserve so I know animal control won't do anything, because it's part of nature. Eff nature, I hate it!

I just had a mental image of JB running around the yard trying to shoot it

Exterminators are your friend.

Up here in nj the menace is deer. So many in "hunter less" NJ you can't plant a flower, or drive at night without seeing a herd of the tick-vectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back