Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

talked to my buddy who is a CG/Srixon rep in this area.

the reason for the delay in shipping is the 545 and 745 iron heads are on back order as well as 9.5 head in the 545 driver.

talked to my buddy who is a CG/Srixon rep in this area.

the reason for the delay in shipping is the 545 and 745 iron heads are on back order as well as 9.5 head in the 545 driver.

I guess they really didn't expect this type of demand.

I guess they really didn't expect this type of demand.

for sure. he was telling me over the weekend that one of his accounts here has double digit orders for the irons all on back order and that has been the case since the release.

the manager of that store said these irons are just outperform the other irons. he said the fitters will have them sit off to the side then let the person getting fit hit what they came in looking for and some other stuff then near the end the fitter will tell the person give these a try and people just have been blown away at how good they are.

for sure. he was telling me over the weekend that one of his accounts here has double digit orders for the irons all on back order and that has been the case since the release.

the manager of that store said these irons are just outperform the other irons. he said the fitters will have them sit off to the side then let the person getting fit hit what they came in looking for and some other stuff then near the end the fitter will tell the person give these a try and people just have been blown away at how good they are.
Just_Hacking and I went to PGASS last weekend and they said they had two broken demo irons. I wonder if people just beat them to death and snapped the heads off! LOL I didn't ask, so I don't know. But sounds feasible if this many people are hitting them.
I still can't get over the tracer lines on my monitor during my session.

Just_Hacking and I went to PGASS last weekend and they said they had two broken demo irons. I wonder if people just beat them to death and snapped the heads off! LOL I didn't ask, so I don't know. But sounds feasible if this many people are hitting them.
I still can't get over the tracer lines on my monitor during my session.

funny you mention that because when i did my fitting at the PGASS in Orlando the 545 fitting system broke. Turns out there is an issue with the screw and they had to be replaced. wonder if they never received their new screw or fitting system.

they performance in these things are amazing. Kevin was commented sunday how good they sound even though my swing wasn't great and ball striking was suffering.

Think my buddy today just found himself a new set of irons. He almost didn't let me put em back in my car. He used mine the entire back 9 and was in love. Another #JourneyToBetter story happening in front of me.

You're a madman!

Why the move from 545s? Just curious what the 745s do that the 545s don't

Why the move from 545s? Just curious what the 745s do that the 545s don't
I wish I had the game for the 745, they're beautimous. Alas I don't.

I can't recall if I hit them or not...probably was too scared to

My heart wanted the 745s, but after my experience with the Apex Pros and knowing I'd not have nearly as much time devoted to practicing as I had previously, I knew the 545s were the right choice. And the best part is I hardly had to give up anything in the 'looks' department

My heart wanted the 745s, but after my experience with the Apex Pros and knowing I'd not have nearly as much time devoted to practicing as I had previously, I knew the 545s were the right choice. And the best part is I hardly had to give up anything in the 'looks' department

I agree with this. Spent some time with the 745 at a demo day, and there isn't a ton different at address between the two sets. They do look absolutely FANTASTIC in the bag though.

Honestly, they play really similar to the 545s for me so it came down purely to aesthetics. The 745s just look great over the ball and they have a little bit of a slimmer profile compared to the 545s, which I really like.

Welcome to the 745 club. Proud member since July 2014.

Welcome to the 745 club. Proud member since July 2014.

You could really say you're a charter member. You, Keegan, and Graeme.

You're the early adopter dude!! I'm just happy to be following in Big Time's footsteps. :)

Doing the combo set is a great idea and interested to see what you think of it. I still get a little confused with people's intimidation with the 745's compared to the 545's. The 745's are thicker and bigger than my old Callaway X Forged irons and are on par if not slightly bigger than the APEX irons. They are not small looking by any means.

Have fun with 'em!

Well, I'm definitely not intimidated. Just a realist brother. There is a big difference in how these clubs are designed to perform when you miss the center of the face.

Doing the combo set is a great idea and interested to see what you think of it. I still get a little confused with people's intimidation with the 745's compared to the 545's. The 745's are thicker and bigger than my old Callaway X Forged irons and are on par if not slightly bigger than the APEX irons. They are not small looking by any means.

Have fun with 'em!

I would say they are on par with the Apex Pros, not the Apex. The v-sole is large but the topline is still pretty thin. Personally, I think it is the best of both worlds and I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision going with the AP2s.

As a sidenote, I found it interesting that Shane Lowry has 745s in the 6 - 9 iron and 545s in the 4 and 5 irons. Surprised that a tour pro would use the 545s. That being said, I think a combo set would be wonderful.

Well, I'm definitely not intimidated. Just a realist brother. There is a big difference in how these clubs are designed to perform when you miss the center of the face.

Why are you missing the center of the face then????? :D

Guess that's the difference then because I feel these are one of the most forgiving forged irons I've hit, even on my misses. But maybe the 545's gives that 10% more coverage area and/or sweet spot difference that the 745's don't which helps you and others. At the end of the day people go with what works and looks the best to them

Why are you missing the center of the face then????? :D

Guess that's the difference then because I feel these are one of the most forgiving forged irons I've hit, even on my misses. But maybe the 545's gives that 10% more coverage area and/or sweet spot difference that the 745's don't which helps you and others. At the end of the day people go with what works and looks the best to them

I think it goes beyond that, but I don't doubt what you are saying. It's all relative and you're looking at things like the X-Forged as comparison, where I'm looking at things like the SpeedBlades or AP1. Just different worlds completely.

Totally agree with the last part and I'm not harping on you for playing these or any similar irons. Just was a comment in response to your original one. I've played irons like this for extended periods of time. I just miss too often to get the most out of them.

I assume you are talking about Apex Pros? There's a huge difference in offset to begin with, not to mention larger blade size and thicker top line.

Finally got my shipment notice. My new 745's should arrive on Monday!! :banana:

Can't wait to get these on the course next week and break them in before the KC Invitational.

Cace, I am calling you Mr. Irons now. hahaha

I just bought a set of 745s. I get them on Friday. I will be putting them head-to-head against my 714 AP2s. Winner stays in the bag. Loser heads to the marketplace. (My wife may have had something to do with the loser-marketplace decision...)

745's are great sticks, but the J15DF beat them out IMO. Longer and just a touch more forgiveness

Back