Amazon Prime Day - July 15th

I have never amazon'd anything let me get this straight, I have to have Amazon Prime to buy this TV? What is Amazon Prime?

My guess is the TV will be sold out in seconds. It always does on Black Friday.

What an overhyped utter failure this has been. Tupperware and granny panties FTW. Rolling things out over periods of time is fine but at least put up what will be going on sale when. They are dropping the ball big time and are absolutely getting hammered all across social media. Still no mention of the TV's or Fire Stick anywhere other than in ads for what they will be selling.

Glad I wasn't losing my mind bc I thought I was in the over 60's Prime Day sale page when I saw what was available. Lol

What an overhyped utter failure this has been. Tupperware and granny panties FTW. Rolling things out over periods of time is fine but at least put up what will be going on sale when. They are dropping the ball big time and are absolutely getting hammered all across social media. Still no mention of the TV's or Fire Stick anywhere other than in ads for what they will be selling.

was just a) looking for the "deals" and b) thanking God I decided not to get up at 3am!

I'm actually thankful they haven't rolled out the headliners yet because I still have a chance at them. I was afraid they would go on at 4am and I would miss out.

Game Golf deal going live at 8AM Central it appears. Nothing I have to have but keeping an eye on what pops up today.

I'm actually thankful they haven't rolled out the headliners yet because I still have a chance at them. I was afraid they would go on at 4am and I would miss out.

Yeah well what about the people, like stupid me, who woke up at 3am because they said 12AM PDT? Not exactly fair. They should have done it at 12pm PDT and at least made it at a time where most normal people were awake and either at work or available.

Yeah well what about the people, like stupid me, who woke up at 3am because they said 12AM PDT? Not exactly fair. They should have done it at 12pm PDT and at least made it at a time where most normal people were awake and either at work or available.

While I understand the frustration, keeping it a secret so to speak drives viewership through the site throughout the day and may get folks to order other items besides the "hot" ones we are discussing. Smart move IMO from a business perspective if the negative (customer unhappiness) doesn't outweigh it.

I didn't wake up on purpose, but my usual tendency to wake for no reason happened today at 3:47. I figured, wth, got up, and was completely bummed out by what I found on the site. IMO, they should have had a big blockbuster deal at 3 or 4AM to at least reward those up at that hour.

While I understand the frustration, keeping it a secret so to speak drives viewership through the site throughout the day and may get folks to order other items besides the "hot" ones we are discussing. Smart move IMO from a business perspective if the negative (customer unhappiness) doesn't outweigh it.

Go check social media. They are getting absolutely hammered. I completely understand your point about the hot deals and ordering stuff other than those but there is no reason that couldnt have been done midday vs midnight pacific time. Having people get up on the east coast at 3am to find granny panties and tupperware is going to immediately trigger a negative reaction. All day yesterday they were touting all these great deals and really pumping up the TV's and Fire Stick and then they are nowhere to be found even in the upcoming deals.

Just logged in, and dammit I missed the deal on the tupperware :bulgy-eyes:

Go check social media. They are getting absolutely hammered. I completely understand your point about the hot deals and ordering stuff other than those but there is no reason that couldnt have been done midday vs midnight pacific time. Having people get up on the east coast at 3am to find granny panties and tupperware is going to immediately trigger a negative reaction. All day yesterday they were touting all these great deals and really pumping up the TV's and Fire Stick and then they are nowhere to be found even in the upcoming deals.

To be fair, they were going to get hammered regardless. Nothing they could have done would quiet the angry vocal. It happens every single large sale, such as Black Friday.

It's called #PrimeDay not #PrimeHour or #PrimeMorning for a reason.

Patience grasshopper. :alien:

So which granny panties did you get? :angel:

To be fair, they were going to get hammered regardless. Nothing they could have done would quiet the angry vocal. It happens every single large sale, such as Black Friday.

Usually there is a mixture of people that are happy and the vocal majority is negative but go do a twitter search on @amazon and its 99% negative right now. People are not happy about waking up early and finding nonsense stuff for sale. Also, anything that is remotely worthwhile is sold out almost instantly. Not sure what there stock levels are on these items but if those TV's sell out immediately, which I am sure they will, people are going to riot. I dont even care anymore, I'm just gonna try to grab a fire stick but the extra $15 isnt worth me killing myself all day checking every 5 minutes.

Usually there is a mixture of people that are happy and the vocal majority is negative but go do a twitter search on @amazon and its 99% negative right now. People are not happy about waking up early and finding nonsense stuff for sale. Also, anything that is remotely worthwhile is sold out almost instantly. Not sure what there stock levels are on these items but if those TV's sell out immediately, which I am sure they will, people are going to riot. I dont even care anymore, I'm just gonna try to grab a fire stick but the extra $15 isnt worth me killing myself all day checking every 5 minutes.

It seems fairly normal for big sale events.
People get really mad at a place for putting things on sale.
I get that people want stuff, I mean I really do. I also didnt think their marketing of this was all that good and it should have kicked off where the majority of their users are based on sales, but I dont get the true anger at a place that is merely offering another day of sales.

This day last year, people could have just bought the TV at regular price.

CJ8_IBEWcAAGoeY.jpg

$3 off a shoehorn!! Woot woot!!

Do you know how HARD it is to find a LONG shoehorn? Hell yes, no more bending over. I'm getting 2 and 4 spares.

Back