The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anymore, we WIN! We have been telling them FOREVER that we back up to a fence we cannot change ours, but they didn't understand. They argued with me and said they wouldn't send someone else out. So we went to the meeting asked them to come out again, they did and within 2 seconds said "Oh it backs up to another fence, you are good."
U mean when you see it in person it's so stupid obvious. ..congrats

Dry fire practice. If the front sight n whatever you're using is flat enough, lay a dime on it while you dry fire. Just do it while you're sitting there watching TV. Focus on the front sight and don't let it move. You know the fundamentals. Solid grip, roll your shoulders, thumbs forward, trigger in the middle of the pad of the finger behind the nail and squeeze. Keep in mind that by the time you can react, the projectile is gone, so let it surprise you. Don't rush, let the front sight fall back on the target for the follow through and do it again. You've got this, John.

I did a TON of this, since I had a strong tendency in the academy to jerk the trigger. I would do just what he said, double and triple check the weapon was unloaded, then dry fire into a mirror over and over. I would even do it most nights before leaving for work.

glad that you got that squared away GG.

Yes, it's ridiculously obvious. There were 3 of them out here this time and it literally took them 2 seconds to say "It's fine." I kid you not, they walked over to the fence and within seconds said it's good.

Wife wants to move to GA. For no other reason than her sister lives there and says she needs a change. I'm not completely sold on the idea and its causing major issues at home. Ugh.

Wife wants to move to GA. For no other reason than her sister lives there and says she needs a change. I'm not completely sold on the idea and its causing major issues at home. Ugh.

Positive - Lots of THPers in GA and great golf weather!

In all seriousness though hope you guys work things out. Tough times at home are not a good thing.

Work is my rant. This project is so frustrating. The sub contractors don't seem to care about a variety of things from schedule, the fact that it's an occupied building and we need to work around there schedule or the amount of coordination it takes to get them into different areas. They don't read my schedules I put together every week and get mad when everyone is in the same area at once even when it's been on the schedule for a month. Everything is a battle and no seems to care that we have a bunch of areas that need to be done before the start of school.

The plumber is the worst, he can't manage his guys, his work, or the issues that come up. He is behind schedule everywhere and needs to be told where to have his manpower work each day.

Some of the subs are good, the electrician is good and the drywall guy isn't bad but that's really it.

Construction really is just adult baby sitting.

Plus I have a license test on Monday and I'm getting married in a month.

Work 12 hours a day, drive an hour each way to the job, and try to study. There just isn't enough hours in a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The worst part of opening a hotel as project manager for me was getting the subs to read the scope of work and be there when they were supposed to be there.

Lots of good ones out there who do care and do quality work if you're lucky enough to find them and are willing to pay a fair price.

I'm saying that more to my last owner not you. . Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Dry fire practice. If the front sight n whatever you're using is flat enough, lay a dime on it while you dry fire. Just do it while you're sitting there watching TV. Focus on the front sight and don't let it move. You know the fundamentals. Solid grip, roll your shoulders, thumbs forward, trigger in the middle of the pad of the finger behind the nail and squeeze. Keep in mind that by the time you can react, the projectile is gone, so let it surprise you. Don't rush, let the front sight fall back on the target for the follow through and do it again. You've got this, John.
Solid advice right here - eye on the front sight, controlled trigger pull, dry fire to practice...

At this HOA meeting we sat through, they just kept arguing, because frankly while hte neighborhood is young families, the board members have an average age of 917. I said we have illegal fences, in front of us, next to us and behind us, and you are telling us to change it. I told them I would not change my fence to expose an illegal fence. They were not thrilled with that response and GG got them to come back out.

I really hate it when I am in bed with 3 beautiful women and the LEAST attractive one wants me to do it again. I am 65 and my back get gets tired after 2 hrs or so.

Sometimes, people hold grudges for whatever reason, whether or not you did them any wrong. It's like a big black cloud hanging over. I just don't understand it. And it sucks because things could be a lot more enjoyable if it wasn't that way.

I hate "humblebrag"

Sometimes, people hold grudges for whatever reason, whether or not you did them any wrong. It's like a big black cloud hanging over. I just don't understand it. And it sucks because things could be a lot more enjoyable if it wasn't that way.

I know you've had a trying couple weeks, hang in there it will get better!

I know you've had a trying couple weeks, hang in there it will get better!
Don't get me wrong, it's been a blast and wouldn't trade the invaluable experiences for anything. Just this one thing that gets to me a little. But hey, I'll make changes and spin it into a positive.

Too much to do, not enough hours....

I'm with you there. Not that I want to be at work any longer than I really have to be, but dang I could use about 50 more hours in today.

My rant, in my haste to get a sponsorship for the car show I'm putting together, I completely missed a car dealership that is less than a mile from the location I'm doing the car show at. Now I want to contact them and see if they'd be interested in donating to the car show, but I'm not sure if I should tell them I already have a dealership as a sponsor, I don't want them to feel like they were a second choice. Stupid me. Lesson learned, Google Earth search next time before I start contacting people. :banghead:

Been looking forward to the Wilson staff event. I absolutely love Chicago and I love learning about companies I don't know much about. Sign ups are finally here and working on my entry and go check my calendar to make sure I am clear and there it is a work event the 10th and 11th that brings in between 8 and 11 thousand dollars. So now I can't even enter the contest. Another rant is I skipped entering the Gauntlet because I wanted this event so bad. This sucks

I am shooting a Glock 23 4th gen. I will definitely try that dime on the sight tip.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and the encouragement. I am not terrible, but just not where I want to be and that effects my confidence. I know that I can do it once I improve my shot dispersion.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

I really hate it when I am in bed with 3 beautiful women and the LEAST attractive one wants me to do it again. I am 65 and my back get gets tired after 2 hrs or so.

I will light a candle for you. Stay strong.

VIRTUAL_FIST_BUMP.png

The worst part of opening a hotel as project manager for me was getting the subs to read the scope of work and be there when they were supposed to be there.

Lots of good ones out there who do care and do quality work if you're lucky enough to find them and are willing to pay a fair price.

I'm saying that more to my last owner not you. . Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Typically we pick the subs we want so we have a good relationship. One this particular job since it is funded by the state, basically its lowest price wins the bid and its a public opening. So alot of the subs we have never worked with before and have no relationship. They know that they probably won't do work with us in the future and don't really care as much as our usual guys.

Me too, I actually did this with an avocado the other day. Cut it in 1/4 quarters and threw them on the grill and they were really good and none of the issues of making Guacamole

You know what wears me out? Making guacamole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back