Team Callaway Collection

This years boxes feel more exclusive to me to be honest. The coins were not exactly exclusive to the Callaway Collection. Yet the polos. towels, and belt among others have been limited to us.

I also think its fine for people to be jubilent and critical of their boxes they receive. I hope people do it with tact, because I think most criticals like this should be done that way so places can actually use the feedback, but I also know that the internet is a different animal.

I will ask directly for people about the coins in boxes and find out why. I venture to guess it was to add to the collectible nature, but I honestly do not know. I will however make sure we have things for THP contests and plenty of them, because they are fun, quick and people like them.

I believe they got rid of the coins because most people when asked did not like them.

This years boxes feel more exclusive to me to be honest. The coins were not exactly exclusive to the Callaway Collection. Yet the polos. towels, and belt among others have been limited to us.

Forgot about the towel - like the towel - it's on my Big Bertha stand bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you 100%, and don't forget about hoodie.

Anyone think that Callaway bags this idea next year? They are in an impossible position in that no matter that they put in these boxes, the masses will not be satisfied.

Anyone think that Callaway bags this idea next year? They are in an impossible position in that no matter that they put in these boxes, the masses will not be satisfied.

That's my fear and I hope they continue it

I would. Dealing with Internet golfers is exhausting.

I think it stays around and they continue to make changes they deem necessary. And I will re-up my subscription.

Haters will always hate....that won't stop Callaway.

I think it stays around and they continue to make changes they deem necessary. And I will re-up my subscription.

There is one fear if I am in their shoes (and Im not in this instance, but am frequently with this sort of thing). The only people buying these are your guys that love the brand already. Meaning DeffNeedHo is not signing up, etc. Not that that is bad mind you, just the fact. So if you alienate them, you are removing a purchaser of hard and soft goods.

They have been for sure. I'm really not sure there's a way to appease both the collector and not, unless they asked in their signup survey what the person prefers. Even then, that kind of split ain't happening.

I am curious what's in the next box. Based on the last three, there's probably something apparel related?

There is one fear if I am in their shoes (and Im not in this instance, but am frequently with this sort of thing). The only people buying these are your guys that love the brand already. Meaning DeffNeedHo is not signing up, etc. Not that that is bad mind you, just the fact. So if you alienate them, you are removing a purchaser of hard and soft goods.

But how to do you satisfy people who want the world but don't want to play for it? It's $200 for 4 boxes. That close to $42 a box ($8 shipped via volume UPS acct). You know they aren't doing this for major profit if any at all.

Team Callaway Collection

Don't think it's haters will hate, it's just I think I can use $200 for a kick ars new Callaway stand bag each year instead of a green shirt, running man hat, alignment sticks and a belt. Callaway is still gonna get my $$$$ but not with this. Personal choice.

Don't think it's haters will hate, it's just I think I can use $200 for a kick ars new Callaway stand bag each year instead of a green shirt, running man hat, alignment sticks and a belt. Callaway is still gonna get my $$$$ but not with this. Personal choice.

And tee shirt, hoodie, dozen chrome soft, and still a TBD box.

Value of packages is worth more than $200 but they will never please everyone.

And yes....haters will still hate. :)

I remember back that on the card in the first box said this year's items would help us identify other Team Callaway members in public. The hoodie, the polo, the belt, the towel, the alignment rods, etc, were all one-of-a-kind items that only we members have. I think that's awesome! I have yet to see someone else with any of the items, but it's really cool to know we truly are receiving items no one else has access to! That's why I would look to pay for next year's stuff again- if it's one-of-a-kind items.

Same here Nate. I honestly haven't gotten that much out of this years boxes. I'd rather put the money toward something else.

And yet we're seen as haters. Hysterical. But people see past the point that we're still buying Callaway products.

It will absolutely stick around. Minimal expense and effort on the companys side and as long as there continue to be a demand for $200 surprises they have no reason to stop.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

And yet we're seen as haters. Hysterical. But people see past the point that we're still buying Callaway products.

I don't see you as a hater.

The point of haters was that no matter WHAT Callaway does, some people will still complain.

Plain and simple, you can't please everyone and those unhappy will voice their displeasure.

I don't see you as a hater.

The point of haters was that no matter WHAT Callaway does, some people will still complain.

Plain and simple, you can't please everyone and those unhappy will voice their displeasure.

Just like with the clubs they put out each year. Some like, some don't. Those that don't will wait till the next release. Doesn't mean they hate. Drink another vodkey brother!

And keep in mind, this is a limited edition thing. They will sell this out yearly whether I decide to continue or not.

I'm always one for looking for the value for my dollar and I've gotten that this year for ME as I'm fine whether it's an apparel focus or a collectable coin focus.

And keep in mind, this is a limited edition thing. They will sell this out yearly whether I decide to continue or not.

I'm always one for looking for the value for my dollar and I've gotten that this year for ME as I'm fine whether it's an apparel focus or a collectable coin focus.

You enjoy that value and I'll enjoy my Callaway stand bag brother. Either way you look at it, it's win/win for Callaway.

You enjoy that value and I'll enjoy my Callaway stand bag brother. Either way you look at it, it's win/win for Callaway.

Yep yep, agree completely!

And I want a new bag also. ;)

Just like with the clubs they put out each year. Some like, some don't. Those that don't will wait till the next release. Doesn't mean they hate. Drink another vodkey brother!

But you're not hating. To me haters are the people that bought in and have complained about the items and devalue what is inside the box but try to sell it for double what their valuation was.

I hope it comes back next year so I can have a chance to get in on it. I think it's pretty cool stuff. I know not everyone is happy, but I still think it is pretty neat.

I'm with the % that likes the content. I wasn't in in the first year so I can't compare. I agree they are in a catch 22 position, bit who isn't in retail. Comes with the territory. I don't consider anyone with a negative opinion voiced respectfully a hater. To each his/her own. I will be signing up again as I think the usefulness and uniqueness outweighs collectable issue in spades. That's just my opinion. Hope it continues. Ethan and David did a great job being tasked with making several hundred Internet golfers happy. Again my opinion.

Trying to decide if I should subscribe to this thread or the SLDR one.

:act-up:

Back