Newb living in Germany

Wingnut

Reaction score
Handicap
10 ish
Moved form PNW to germany about 3 months ago. I never really had a handicap before but I was told if I did not have one I could not play in Germany until I did. Germany is a strange place to play golf, it's almost like the people here take it was too seriously, like it's work, they just don't seem to have fun playing the game. I am not talking bad about German people, I have met some very nice people here they are just a little uptight about the game.

In a attempt to post more often I have decided to take you on a tour of my course here in Herzogenaurach Germany. I will take some pictures of the course holes and take you around 18 with me. I hope I can post pictures here before my 10 posts.

So stay tuned........

Wingnut

Welcome to THP

welcome to thp wingnut. looking forward to the pics

Welcome to the forum!

welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, wingnut!

Hello and :welcome:

welcome aboard wingnut!

Hello and Welcome to THP!!

Hole one

Hole one

First hole is a bit tricky to figure out. 248 to clear the trap. If the wind is against you forget it hit the 3 rock if not hit the big dog.

This is the line, high cut over the right edge

Fairways are in good shape.

Leaves you about 120 into a back to front green guarded by bunkers left and right.

The wind tends to push you into the bunker, like me here.....

The sand is pretty good so blasting out is not a huge deal........

The green has some undulation but for the most part breaks left to right

yes I two putted..........

Dude, the pics are awesome...albiet I might recommend they change them to English so we can all understand them. ;)

welcome wingnut! nice pictures! i think what i noticed the most was how detailed the first hole layout is on your first picture of "hole one". thats just crazy!

welcome wingnut! nice pictures! i think what i noticed the most was how detailed the first hole layout is on your first picture of "hole one". thats just crazy!

I know right, those are on every hole. If I was back in the states they would prolly be smashed by drunken bastards by now.

Hole # 2

Strait away par 5......

The line is over the Ladies Tee Box and if the wind is really up, the Cell tower........

The Mounds are new and will be seeded this fall.

250 to carry the bunker on the right, which is a ball eater (you know what I mean)..........

I over cooked my drive a little and was on the left rough a little past the bunker......when those trees mature it will be rough spot to be in.

Second shot is a layup to the top of the hill in the slot......the line is the flag pole.

My ball released over the hill, not a bad thing but I like the down hill shot from the top of the slot into the green that sloop's away from you.

Pull the flag to put up the red flag so no one hit's into you........

Now concentrate on getting it close..........

Or chip it in!!!!

Put the flag back to Green and move on............

Hole #3

Hole #3

Up hill little par 3

Bunker on the right, woods and OB left

Par

Great pic's Wingnut. Looks like they keep the course nice a tight.

Great pic's Wingnut. Looks like they keep the course nice a tight.

Dude the more off the fairway you get the deeper it gets, I actually like the first cut of rough. Just ask my wife, har har!

Hole #4

Hole #4

This hole burns my ass. It is very hard to get a good lie as the fairway sloops left. Even if you hit a high cut the ball still rolls off into the first cut. The Line is over the little tree on the right next to the OB line.

If you do happen to hold the fairway you have a uphill sidehill lie

There is a ridge on the right side of the hole I like to try and run it off of.

Sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't.

So chip it close to make par.

I did.

sweet pics wingnut!

Hole #5

Hole #5

Up hill par three..........

154 meters full 6 iron for me, unless the wind is up.........

Green slopes a little back to front.......

Protected by two bunkers right.........

I lipped out the putt..........

This thread is awesome, Wingnut. I could look at stuff like this all day.

Back